Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meenakshi Sundaram
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi SundaramYour feedback matters!
Sir my name is Mridul and I am 18 years old and I am suffering from full body pain, I have taken painkillers and also tried multiple home remedies but they don't work what should I do?
I am 29 years, my son age is 12 years and second child Age is 10 years. But my problem is Regularly pain. I need for help.
Now a days I feel pain in body and feeling less concentration in study because of this pain what medicine should I take.
Hey Dr. I'm having stomach problems for last week also I got hair fall problem simultaneously and also headache and pain in whole body. please help me I'll be very pleased to you.
Namaskar sir, me kuch dino se running ker rha hu aur ab 3-4 din milk k sath andura mass v use kiya to 1-2 din se mera pet foola foola lag raha h aur aj puri body me dard bhi ho raha h to please sir aap kuch advise de aur please sir hindi me ans dena. Thank you.
I am 20 years old. I have body pains from last 2 days. I used medicine but pain became more. So what precautions I should take?
I am suffering from body pains since a day Which is not supported to do any work please give me good suggestion. Thank you.
When is your pain chronic?
Your pain is chronic if it last for more than a period of six months. Chronic pain is a long-term pain whose nature can vary from mild to excruciating, and it may trouble you either continuously or at short and regular intervals. Chronic pain is so dangerous that it does not only cause discomfort and inconvenience but also robs you entirely of your capacity to work for a long time.
Chronic pain can occur in a number of organs of the human body like head, joints, back, shoulders, neck etc. In fact, pain in any part of your body can turn into chronic pain. Here are a few symptoms that can help you identify if what you are going through is, in fact, chronic pain:
- persistent and severe body pain
- burning sensation accompanied by the body pain
- fatigue and sleeplessness
- weak immune system
- stiff and sore joints
The 4 types of chronic pain disorders that you should be aware of are:
1. Nociceptive pain
The pain that affects the soft tissues of the body such as the skin and the muscles or the organs that have sensory nerves present in them is called nociceptive pain. The sensory nerves, known as nociceptors can detect the stimuli of pain and send information to the brain and the spinal cord for interpretation. The pain could be either somatic (originating in the outer body) or visceral (originating in the internal organs).
2. Neuropathic pain
This pain is caused when the nerves stop functioning normally. It is caused due to nerve disturbances that result in pain stimuli being spontaneously transmitted to the brain and spinal cord. If you are suffering from this type of chronic pain disorder, you will feel a sharp, shooting and stabbing pain. Neuropathic pain can also be caused due to the formation of neuroma (abnormal growth of the nerve tissue).
3. Psychogenic pain
The pain that is caused by psychological disorders like depression and anxiety is known as psychogenic pain. Sometimes this pain can be accompanied by physical complications like fatigue, body pain and muscle weakness.
4. Idiopathic pain
The pain that exists even though there is no physical or psychological cause for it is known as idiopathic pain. This pain is more common in people who have suffered from a pre-existing painful disorder. Some common examples of idiopathic pain are fibromyalgia (intense pain all over the body) and tmj disorders (pain in the jaw area).
I am 31 years old boy from last one year while getup early morning all my body parts are paining for 10 minutes after that not there what is the problem.
Hello sir and mam. 3 year ago I went for neuro surgery. And I was treatment. Now I have diabetes. And I have control over it. But the main problem is my legs are very paining and I went through many doctors. But the pain is not going. So, what will I do. Please tell me the right path. I will be grateful to you.
1. Most common cause of pain between 15-35 years of age is fibro-cystic disease, which occurs due to hormonal fluctuations.
2. In fibrocystic disease, there is cyclical pain, which is more in intensity just before the menstrual periods
3. Cyclical pain is commonly seen in patients who are overweight and hypothyrooid.
4. Ultrasound should always be done to rule out any lumps/ cancer.
5. During these episodes of pain, try wearing a sports bra. It offers good support and reduces the pain. You can also apply anti-inflammatory gels over the site of pain.
6. Large cysts (>1.5 cm) should be aspirated - they help in reducing pain
7. Cancer usually presents as a painless lump in the breast
8. Sometimes breast pain can be due to musculo-skeletal causes.
9. If there is one particular point, where pain in occurring (specially close to the middle), then it could be due to costo-chondritis (inflammation of the joint between cartilage and bone)
10. Costo-chondritis can be managed by pain-killers and local injection of steroids
Please make sure you get yourself treated from an expert breast surgeon, who knows the various causes of breast pain and their management.