Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi Sundaram LYour feedback matters!
My 9 month baby girl is only 6.3 kg wight. She was the same in 6th month. Afterthat there is wt gain. I am diabetic and feeding mothers feed. How could she gain weight.
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder that results in higher levels of blood sugars in the body. It is assuming epidemic proportions, and India has become the new diabetic capital with more than 50 million diabetic people. The main problem with diabetes is it does not completely go away, and there is a whole myriad of issues that it brings along with it. Heart attacks, strokes, eyesight problems, delayed wound healing, nerve damage and impotence. Therefore, diabetes and by that we mainly mean blood sugar levels have to be managed so that there is delay in onset of the associated conditions and/or reduced in severity.
Ayurveda refers to diabetes as Prameha (excessive urination) and Madhumeha (sugary urine) and has identified close to 20 forms of the disease. According to Ayurvedic belief, each disease is caused due to imbalance in kapha, pitta, and vata doshas and diabetes is caused by all these, predominantly by kapha.
With any stream of medicine, management of diabetes involves two tracks - one is lifestyle changes and the second is medications.
Lifestyle changes include the following:
- Diet: Reduce the amount of rice, sugar, potato, sweet fruits, maida, deep fried foods, and red meat. Protein-rich foods like lentils, soya, green leafy vegetables and fish should be increased. Diet plan should change to small, frequent meals instead of binge eating.
- Exercise: Include 30 minutes of regular exercise into your daily routine if you have a diabetic predisposition.
- Others: Avoid smoking and alcohol, ensure sufficient sleep, avoid sleeping during day time, improved foot and eye care, periodically check sugar levels, and manage stress levels.
Ayurveda has a whole lot of home remedies proven to be very effective against diabetes.
- Jambhul: Eugenia Jambolana whether eaten raw or juice extract has been shown to have beneficial effects in managing sugar levels and cholesterol.
- Gymnema sylvestre: Used to manage diabetes for over 2000 years, it reduces sugar cravings and is being touted as the future for diabetes treatment.
- Bitter gourd (Momordica charantia): It has 3 components that give it strong antidiabetic properties. The charantin reduces blood sugar levels; the polypeptide has insulin-like effects; and lectin that again has hypoglycemic effects.
- Bel (Aegle marmelos): Also known as wood apple, leaves of the plant are shown to have antidiabetic properties. 5 to 10 leaves can be chewed on a daily basis to help control blood sugar levels.
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum): Consuming 10 g of fenugreek seeds soaked in water increases the amount of insulin produced, thereby increasing sugar breakdown.
- Neem: Chewing about 4 to 5 leaves in the morning on an empty stomach helps to control blood sugar levels. Alternately, neem leaves powder is available which can be dissolved in water and consumed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I have thyroid problem from 1 year. Almost 1 year back I got pain in my left leg knee and I was unable to sit on ground floor at the same time got pain in my left hand. I used medication 4-5 months but not reduced pain completely. Later on it reduced, but after words I used to get pain in my left hand again even now I am suffering from pain in my left hand. My heart beat is also increased in such a way that I can here it. My BP is varying from some times 130/90 to sometimes 140/100. please give suggestion to which specialist I can consult. And I have headache problem Which starts from my eyes. Once it comes it increases slowly. And I have to use medication compulsory to reduce it.
Hi, recently my father met with an accident and got severe head injury. He was admitted in aiims trauma centre for 10 days. At the time of admission his stage was m5 and at the time of discharge it was m6. Now he recognizing many things and goo din memory but still he behaves impatiently and his voice is more like a child. His age is 53 and he is a diabetic patient too. Also his sugar his high 163 fasting and 285 pp. It's just one month passed away. Could you please tell me when he'll become completely fit and ready to go office and all.
I am 38 years old male with hypertension (on S-metoprolol, telmisartan); high LDL, Low HDL & High Triglycerides (on Tonact TG); Hypothyroidism (on Thyronorm 75); and IBS (on probiotics). Since last 7-8 months I have problem with my libido and erection quality (so much so that there has been no intercourse during this period). I do not smoke & very mild drinker. Please suggest. *My Hemoglobin=14.3, No blood Sugar & not on any anti-depressants; sperm quality/quantity is 'visually ok'
My husband 31 yr old. He got sugar during 15 yr old boy. Now we got marriage, I am completely alright. If we got a baby. Is it suffer from diabetes?
My wife age is 50, she is hypo thyroid patient, three months back she got acute lower abdominal pain, her thighs & legs become totally collapsed as if no blood circulation in lower body. In emergency doctors gave inj. Tramodol+omez+anti spas.& she got relief. It has almost become routine in next week then again after few days. Consulted almost all possible faculty doctor as well as appollo amhedabad. But nothing was detected. I have given her on surgeon advice anti worming as well as calcirol. Luckily she has not feeling any pain till today. I am still worried the reason?
I am a 27 year old girl, with Thyroid. Recently got a throat sonography done. The test result is - Thyroid gland is midly enlarged. It has irregular outline. It reveals diffusely heterogeneous echo pattern with multiple hypo-echoic area. Few subcentimeter sized nodes are seen in the pre and para-tracheal node. Few subcentimeter sized nodes are seen in the sub-mandibular regions. Would like to know if there is anything serious?
My fasting sugar in blood is 98, Is It the sign of diabetic person? How can I reduce my sugar below 90 without medicine?
I have now diagnosed as diabetic, my age is now 55 years. What treatment I have to take as to control and remove diabetic fully. Whether it is purely curable, een I have high BP.
The available evidence suggests that all adults with high blood pressure readings that are consistently greater than 135/80 mm Hg benefit from tighter control of risk factors associated with diabetes for prevention of coronary heart disease.