Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meena UmachanderYour feedback matters!
My wife is having dark circles on eyes from starting (from the starting of periods). Pls suggest something for permanent relief. She had taken many medicines but not feel any change till date even after peeling also. Before her first period the circles was very light but turned darker after that and till now. She used to take good diet like fruits and vegetables.
She is diabetes patient She is also facing thyroid problem Is the reason behind not getting pregnant What suppose to do She takes 100mg metformin metformin for sugar Even hair is very less in number.
I had sex with my boyfriend in a rough way. Next day I noticed my right labia swollen a bit. Still we had sex once. I guess it aggregated it. Next day I found it swollen very big and pustules all over my vagina. With days it started to develop. And it pains a lot that I could not walk nor sit. I could not even close my legs. Consulted a doctor two days ago. She prescribed me Azithral, vibact and a pain killer. Its been two days. Pain has only decreased a bit. STD tests came back negative. Doc asked me to continue the course for 5 Days. There are severe pustules in labia, clitoris and all around my vaginal area. My question is how long will it take to cure it completely. Will the antibiotics be enough to heal the open pustule wounds automatically. Should I apply anything else from outside. A white puss discharge is coming out of the pimples all day. When will it get ok? Will the antibiotics be enough to heal it?
Hi sir, meri period irregular ho raha he aur pcos ki bhi problem he is liye face pe pimples aur black spot bhi hogaya please advise kuch diye to acha hota.
My boyfriend fingered me. Not soo deep. But I do not know whether he had sperms on his hand or not. If he had, are there chances of getting pregnant? Please give a proper explanation if possible.
Prolonged exposure to the scorching sun is the sole reason for a sunburn and heat rash.
Sunburn and rashes cause itching and redness on the skin and most commonly affects the face, neck, back or the chest due to exposure to temperature extremes.
Here are some easy and effective home remedies, collected from grandmothers’ recipes, for you to try this summer to treat sunburn and heat rashes:
1. Gram flour (besan):
Gram flour or besan smoothens the skin and acts as a cleanser. It helps to remove the impurities, sweat, and dirt that clog the pores from the skin surface. You can prepare a thick paste of gram flour and water/rose water. Apply the paste on the affected area or rashes and keep it for 10-15 minutes. Wash away with cold water.
2. Baking soda:
Baking soda has antibacterial properties that prevent infections and also help to smoothen the burnt area. Mix half a spoon of baking soda and water. Using a soft cloth, dip it in the solution and gently rub over the affected areas. Rinse after a couple of minutes.
3. Raw potato:
A raw potato is a rich source of starchy compounds and helps to reduce the burning sensation of sunburn/heat rash. It acts as an emollient that softens the skin and reduces the redness. Slice a raw potato and place it on the affected area. Leave the potato slice on for 15 minutes and then rinse the face with cold water.
Papaya is a rich source of antioxidants and enzymes that have healing abilities and helps to treat sunburns and rashes. It also acts as an exfoliator to unclog and clear the pores. Slice the papaya and mash it. Apply the paste on the affected area for a few minutes and let it dry. Wash it with cold water.
5. Coconut oil:
Coconut oil is hydrating and therefore helps to nourish the skin. Anti-bacterial in nature, it helps to smoothen the skin immediately and also renews the skin. Apply coconut oil on the rash or affected area and leave it for some time. The skin shall absorb it and get nourished.
Hi Dr. after the n c my two heavy period n after that my Dr. give me novelon tab course 21 days bt I have pain in breast n increase in size is it normal or other problem with my breast please help.
Osteoporosis is an age related condition characterized by low bone density and fragile bones. Lack of calcium and vitamin D are the most common triggers of this condition. These are vital elements for healthy teeth as well. Osteoporosis has a direct relationship with oral health and can trigger a number of issues such as loss of teeth, gum and can cause periodontal disease. The effects of osteoporosis on oral health and affect more women than men. This risk increases when talking of menopausal women.
- The jawbone is one of the areas that bears the brunt of osteoporosis. The loss of bone density in this area can cause tooth loss and make teeth loose. It can also affect the gum ridges that hold dentures in their place. This can result in ill fitting dentures that need to be frequently changed.
- Medication for osteoporosis is also linked to dental health. In rare cases, antiresorptive medicines that are prescribed to strengthen the bones can lead to a condition known as osteonecrosis. This refers to the death of a bone due to poor blood supply. Antiresorptive medication can be administered orally or intravenously with the latter having a higher risk of triggering osteonecrosis. Though it affects the hips and shoulder bones in most cases, it can also affect the jaw bone. It is marked by pain, swelling, infection and exposed bone. Loose teeth, gum infections and numbness or heaviness of the jaw are also symptoms of osteonecrosis of the jaw bone.
- The risk of suffering from osteonecrosis cannot be determined beforehand. Hence it is a good idea to see your dentist before or just after starting antiresorptive treatment for osteoporosis and to schedule regular checkups for the duration of your treatment. Dental problems if any should be treated before starting medication for osteoporosis. Osteonecrosis of the jaw bone is most commonly seen after undergoing a dental procedure that affects the jawbone and associated tissues such as a tooth extraction. Ideally, invasive dental procedures should be avoided if you are taking antiresoptive medicines. However, it can also occur spontaneously.
- Biophosphonates are also commonly prescribed to treat osteoporosis. This type of medication slows down the breakdown of bone tissue. However, this can lead to the development of new bones. This is not a troublesome issue when it comes to bones like the hip, leg or arm bones but can be very disruptive if it affects the jawbone. This is because the jaw bone is constantly reforming and reshaping itself. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
Hi doctor, I am pregnant and is last month about to end in this month end (29 May. I went to gynaecologist for routing Check up. She told me that my baby is not coming down (it's not yet come down in bacha dani). My BP is higher 130/90. Dr. given medicine for bp, becoz of high bP swelling in my legs. And also advice for one more sonography to see baby position. Doctor please advise me what activities shud I do so my baby can come down.
Hi My sister is pregnant. Present Her gestation week is 16th Her serum showed trisomy21 risk. What it means? Her report says risk of down's 1 in 280 Is there any problem of continuing pregnancy. Waiting for your reply.
I am 23 year old I had sex with my boyfriend two times in every month from 1 years. But I can't marry with him. Now I am going to married with another person so is he understand about that I loss my virginity or I am not virgin.
I am a 32 year female from 3 months I have started eating a lot. I eat 6chapatis rice and stuff whatever I get. Then I vomit. I have gain lot of weight. What is going on with me please help.
Hi, I just want to ask one question which is, doing sex 3 to 4 times a day is good for our health or not. Thanks.
I had unprotected sex and I took ipill within 2 hours and 2 days before of my periods. Today is 5th day still I am not bleeding please help me how to cure this and getting back my periods early and I had 2 medicine regular by last 3 days 1. B-LONG 2. EVECARE CAP. Is this benefits for me?
If you are concerned about your heart’s health, it is important for you to make some dietary modifications. Simple changes in your everyday diet may offer benefits, which help in preventing future heart problems. If you suffer from high blood pressure or high cholesterol or have atrial fibrillation.
Here are some tips regarding the best diet for protecting your heart:
- Believe in the food hype: Having healthy meals is certainly beneficial and makes a big difference to your heart health. Consuming meals which contain vegetables, grains, low fat dairy and lean meat will allow you to live a longer and healthier life.
- Avoid crash diets: A crash diet may be effective, if you want to fit in a dress within one month. However, for improving your heart health, undertaking different fad diets is not useful. Meals in which a certain type of nutrients such as carbohydrates or fats are ruled out are not beneficial as well. You should have a sensible approach towards your diet and focus on food products such as vegetables, whole grains and lean meat.
- Do not overeat: Overeating will lead to weight gain and commonly, many people get heart attack after taking a big meal.
- Eat less salt: You should consume less amount of salt in your diet and do not eat more than one teaspoon of salt a day. Avoid any food item which contains high amounts of sodium. Salt is responsible for increasing blood pressure.
- Limit your intake of alcohol and caffeine: In case you suffer from atrial fibrillation, you should avoid caffeine and any other stimulant as they tend to trigger the symptoms. You must drink moderately as consuming more than one drink a day increases your risks of having heart problems.
- Choose meat wisely: You should avoid red meat, which contains large amount of saturated fats as these are not good for the heart. You should choose the leanest cuts of meats and trim all fat from it. You should opt for cuts such as flank, rump roast, tenderloin and sirloin. Pork tenderloin, chicken and turkey breast are other alternatives.
- Add fish to your diet: Fish is essential for improving your heart health. Try to avoid having deep fried fish and choose grilled fish or roasted fish, which are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Consume fishes like tuna, salmon, trout and sardines.
You should also add whole grains to your diet. They are effective in controlling blood sugar and lower the chances of diabetes. Hence, the risks of heart diseases are less if you do not have diabetes. Whole grains also help with weight loss, which is beneficial for the heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.