Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MeenaYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I am suffering from hair fall since 2years, but still am not get rid off. Please help me out.
I have been on a vacation and got tanned really bad. My skin was very red 2 days ago which has got better but my completion has really been affected. This affect is more prominent on my face than the hands or even the neck area.
I am 26 year old female> I am facing excessive hair loss from last two years. I am single, I eat good food- fruits, veggies, nuts, etc Still I lost half of my hair already, I tried using a lot of hair oils, aloevera gel, onion juice, but nothing is working.
Em having acne issue. And my face complexion has become more darker than my. Body. And have regular acne issue.
Sir, I had tinea curis from a month. Then i took itraconazole and laevocetrizine for 20 days and it all dissapeared. Now again i've started feeling itching like that. Please tell a permanent solution of it.?
Dear Doctor, I am 50 years old. I have been getting boils on the thighs. Earlier there are instances of getting them in the arm pits, below the armpits etc. This happens about once in 3 to 6 months. Behind this boil there is a knot formation. Swelling is seen due to the knot. After the boil matures, blood mixed with puss oozes out for a couple of days. Earlier, Doctors had advised application of Bactroban/T-Bact ointment and Moxikind-CV antibiotic. If I take antibiotic, the boil will get dried within a couple of days. Kindly suggest the latest medicines and prevention methods. Thanks a lot in advance. Regards.
Dermabrasion is a procedure where a brush made up of wire or a rough edged diamond wheel is used on the skin to remove the upper layer from the skin. The rotation of the brush causes the upper layer of the skin to come off and may cause bleeding. The skin that comes off is replaced with new skin.
Why it is done?
- The procedure may be used to treat various surgical scars.
- Usually this procedure is used to get rid of acne scars.
- The procedure is used to treat various superficial growths that occur on the skin such as small cysts.
- It may also be used to treat wrinkles around the mouth.
The area where the procedure is carried out is marked and then cleaned properly. Local anesthesia is used to numb the skin followed by an application of ice pack for about half an hour. If the preceding procedures do not harden the skin enough, then a freezing spray may be used to firm up the skin. Gauze may be used to restrict the bleeding which results from the procedure. The area is then cleaned and ointment is applied.
The depth and size of the procedure determines, how much time the recovery process will take. For example, a small patch of skin will take little time to heal compared to a full face dermabrasion. It usually takes 6 to 7 days for the skin to regrow, which is pink in color. The color tends to fade away in 2 to 3 months. Usually patients do not suffer from pain, but if you do have some pain then you can take pain relievers. Corticosteroids may be used to treat swellings, if any.
You need to follow certain precautionary measures after the surgery:
- Regular cleaning of the skin to avoid various infections of the skin.
- Regular changing of the dressing and the ointment to speed up the healing process.
- Sun exposure needs to be avoided as the new skin is prone to damage. You may use sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun's rays.
I ama suffering from eczema for 3 years. It is appearing again and again even if taking different medicines, Is there any permanent cure?
Inflammation in the body is characterized by swollen, red, painful, and even warm skin. Inflammation can occur as acute or chronic inflammation. Acute inflammation occurs immediately and only lasts temporarily. If the culprit is not identified and the issue resolved, the inflammation may become chronic (long-lasting). Psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, and ulcerative colitis are examples of chronic inflammation, being a result of hyperactivity of theimmune system.
Top rich natural anti inflammatory herbs that fight inflammation.
Inflammation, especially chronic inflammation, can be extremely painful and uncomfortable and will lead sufferers to seek a remedy immediately. Fortunately, there are some natural remedies found in herbs that help treat this inflammation.
There is a substance within the herb turmeric called curcurmin which is known to be effective in treating swelling and joint pain. According to some studies, the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric are very similar to the capabilities of motrin and similar medicines that are taken to reduce inflammation. Furthermore, studies have shown that turmeric can reduce pain associated with inflammation. It is important to note that turmeric should not be consumed by pregnant or lactating women or those with gallstones or bile duct problems.
This herb has long been used throughout asia, and especially india, to help treat pain and inflammation. Studies support this belief, showing that a majority of test subjects experience relief from pain and other inflammation-related symptoms after consuming ginger. You can simply incorporate more ginger into your diet, or opt for a ginger supplement, being sure to read the directions for proper dosage.
No, this is not the red licorice you're probably thinking of, but rather the herb in its purest form. This herb is not only an effective anti-inflammatory, but also an effective anti-depressant and anti-fungal herb. Licorice can easily be added to meat, vegetables, tea, or pastries. Studies support the anti-inflammatory properties of licorice; however, it should be noted that licorice should not be taken in excess.
Basil is probably one of the most popular herbs and easiest to add to your diet for treatment of inflammation. Basil works in the same way as ibuprofen and similar medications in that it inhibits a particular enzyme related to inflammation.
Rosemary is rich in flavonoids and a powerful tonic, making it especially useful for use as an anti-inflammatory. Studies suggest that consuming rosemary extract can help protect cellular membranes from inflammation. While it should not be used in excess by pregnant women or those with low iron, rosemary is a great-tasting herb that is easy to incorporate into your diet to help deal with inflammation.
Garlic is great for your health for a variety of reasons, and fighting inflammation is just one of its many benefits. Garlic is so powerful it can help treat sinus infections, colds, and even hypertension. Working similarly to penicillin, garlic works by altering cytokines, which cause inflammation. You can easily incorporate garlic into your diet, or opt for odorless garlic capsules if you don't like the smell.
If you can handle the flavor, cayenne pepper is excellent in treating inflammation. Its efficacy is in large part due to the high amounts of calcium, potassium, b complex and vitamin c, all of which assist in the reduction of inflammation. You may have heard of capsaicin before, which is the main active ingredient in cayenne; capsaicin has been shown to help reduce inflammation in the body.
8. Ceylon cinnamon
Not only is it delicious, but cinnamon is also an effective anti-inflammatory herb. Studies support that connection between cinnamon consumption and a reduction of inflammation. Avoid taking it in high amounts, but otherwise cinnamon has very few side effects. It is easy to add to your coffee, tea, oatmeal, cereal, pastries, and more.
9. Saw palmetto
Saw palmetto is an effective digestive aid and appetite stimulant, in addition to its abilities to boost the metabolism. Most importantly, saw palmetto is also effective in treating inflammation throughout the body, even utis and testicular inflammation. You can easily get saw palmetto (capsules, berries, extract) online or your local health food store.
Additional herbs that help treat inflammation on a smaller scale include ashwagandha, arnica, gotu kola, slippery elm, nutmeg, and black pepper. Whether you experience chronic inflammation or are dealing with inflammation as a temporary reaction to a stimulant, the herbs mentioned above are extremely useful in reducing your inflammation and the pain, discomfort, and other side effects that come with it.
I m suffering from white hair problem for 7 years now I m tired by colouring my hair Do you have any nature solutions for it.
I am having 8-10 vitiligo spots at my foot from last 5year, I would like to know the best treatment to cure vitiligo effectively. Regards,
I have a large pimple on my face. Can you plzz give a home remedies treatment. So I can free from pimples within 2 days plZZ.
I have a skin allergy over 5 days I'm used al ready medicine but not result medicine name avil detail an more then medicines.
Sir can I use kojiglo gel only at night or I should use twice a day because sir I use ekran sunscreen lotion at morning and how much time does kojiglo takes to work.
I have a dark skin. My age is 20. And I m not a under taking any medication. So for dark skin which medicine I should take?
My skin is very oily and the thing which I don't like I always found pustule on my nose and near my chin area. Any suggestions.
There is so much dark circle under me eyes. I have tried lots of things but no effect. Can you please help me?
Excess facial hair growth in a woman results from a condition known as the hirsutism. The growth in hair pattern is exactly similar to that of an adult male. Areas, where abnormal hair growth is visible, are chest, above the lips, etc. These hairs are dark, but fine in nature. They are more commonly known as peach fuzz.
There could be a number of reasons for excess facial hair in a woman:
- Genetic reasons: Women from the Indian sub-continent or Mediterranean region are more likely to have facial hair as compared to their American, European and East-Asian counterparts. One of the common reasons for facial hair growth is genetics. It is a trend that runs in the family, it is more likely that a woman will get it. There is not much that can be done in this case except managing the hair growth effectively.
- Imbalance of the hormone: Abnormal hormone production can lead to hirsutism. In many cases, there are conditions where female starts producing male hormones leading to abnormal hair growth in the face. One of the most common causes of facial hair growth is polycystic ovarian syndrome (POS). This again is a hormonal imbalance leading to facial hair growth. Even adrenal gland related disorders such as Cushing’s syndrome, Adrenal cancer and congenital adrenal hyperplasia can lead to excess hair.
- Medications: Certain medication can lead to excess hair growth in the face. For instance, the certain steroid such as anabolic can lead to excess hair growth. Minoxidil is also known to cause hirsutism if taken in excess of 1 ml per day. Other medication related to testosterone and cyclosporine can lead to excess facial hair in females. It is advised to follow the doctor’s advice before consuming any of these medicines.
- Androgens: Although androgen is a male hormone, it is present in minute quantities in women too. Facial hair increase is nothing, but the sudden increased production of androgen in a female. Even birth control pills can lead to an increased production of androgen in the body. In these cases, it is very important to seek medical advice.
Treatment and remedies:
One should get medical help at the earliest if one of these conditions matches their symptoms:
- The hair growth is sudden and abrupt.
- One witness male features such as increases muscle, acne and reduced breast size.
- Certain medication has led to the hair growth.
- Usage of shaving, plucking and depilatory cream
- Laser hair reduction procedure shows immediate results in stopping and countering any further hair growth.
- Electrolysis can be tried to permanently damage the follicles.
- Weight loss is another good solution to excess hair growth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.