Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. MathiyalaganYour feedback matters!
My mom has a severe back pain and it is difficult for her to stand for 10 mins also. If she does then her legs start paining and she immediately has to lie down with someone's help. There are 5 members in a family and my mom is the only one who stays in the house. It would be difficult for her to walk till the bed. So please give me a suggestion. Thank you.
Early morning severe pain in legs left especially and lower back difficult for few hours knee pain also diabetic. Ps advise.
Hi I 'm 33 years old male from last 3-4 months initial had been facing issue related to muscular pain in legs + upper/middle back pain (spine)- also experienced pain when trying to move/raise leg specifically in morning, slowly and slowly with time, medicines (pain-killers for muscular pain etc.) and few back exercises, it went away- however few issues still remain and have increased as such over time :- 1.Whenever I go to washroom and sit down (without any support as such) continuously for 1-2 mins or more. , I start feeling pressure on the toes and extreme numbness/tingling sort of appears which lasts for 3-4 mins. After I get up from that position -as soon as I get up, I feel pain on little bit below the left side of the knee (of the right leg) and pressure on the middle chest-position (food pipe) - earlier ,when I used to get up from the position , the pain occurred on the middle back side but after few back exercises+ medicines ,it switched to almost the knee portion and it occurs on a daily basis. I had gone for all types of tests blood sugar, TSH,TLC, DLC,SGOT, SGPT,AEC, CBC,cholesterol etc. All fine but seems RBC count is increasing over the last 2 tests I had undergone in the last 8 weeks or so 1st test count was 5.7 million/cumm 2nd test it showing 6.0 million/cumm haemoglobin increased from 14.3 gm% to 15.1% (though within normal limits as per report) MCH and MCV slightly lower values than normal 2.I feel a lot of wrinkles appearing along with numbness on both my hands - 2-3 months before, when I used to keep the legs straight onto table or bed while sitting in the chair (table/bed at slightly higher position than the chair) and watching something/working with laptop etc. , numbness on legs and hands used to appear and last till I get up and walk around for 4-5 mins. Now for last 10-15 days, I used to suddenly have a lot of wrinkles/some type of numbness along with dryness on fingers of both the hands , palms become reddish at that moment with a large no of wrinkles appearing though I can work but still uncomfortable until they are gone after 10-15 mins or so . 3.Still pain appears on extreme lower back position specifically when I sit for 30-1 hr. In car/office etc. So is it all related to spine or is something related to blood cells which is causing all this trouble for last 3-4 months ? Could you please guide me on these issues and let me know the resolution for the same - any tests, specific type of exercises etc.
Hello Doctor, Last 3 months I am facing back pain. It feels warming, colding the areas and bit pain to right side. Also foots and legs are feels warm n not able to walk normally. I travels 80 km daily by bus to office. Also last 7 years I am using Veniz xr 75 drug. Please suggest which specialist can help me to control the back pain.
I am 36 years old. I have joint pain from past 15 years. Specially in right ankle. In beginning it in all joints but now its in right ankle and mild in right knee. I request you to kindly suggest me what should do.
I met in an accident before few years & in accident my right leg is broken now I am feeling so much pain on my stretches. Please give me the suitable advice to me.
I am 16 year old male I wake up in morning 5 o clock for tution clases and after 7 o clock my legs start paining can you tell me what is the issue.
I am 49 years, when ever I happen to speak to my team or the group or I have to attend any meetings I get nervous and at that moment a sever pain starts from my lower back till the neck it is the spine chilling pain which is very severe and it for few seconds when I take long breath and wait for few seconds it goes off need to know the reason behind it.
I Am Seventy Year Old I Have Servical spondilityes. Lasttwenty Year Now I Have Head Pain I Taiking Stugeron Forte You Have Any Advice Thank You.
Arthritis is an autoimmune disorder wherein, the immune system of the body attacks healthy tissues within the various joints of the body. This causes inflammation of the joints, leading to multiple problems in them. One common issue with all the problems is pain. Thus, managing pain with rheumatoid arthritis is one of the most important facets of the treatment. More than the deformities or other problems, it is the pain that limits your capabilities. Some techniques for the management of pain are mentioned below.
- Pain medication: This is the obvious and first choice to avail if you need to reduce pain. There are many types and levels of pain medications which can range anywhere from being mild to very strong. However, this isn’t an option that should be considered lightly as you may have a tendency to develop a dependency which can border on addiction. Also, many of them harm the hepatic and renal system of the body if used beyond a certain period. Thus it is advisable to use this prudently.
- Weight management: In many cases, the pain is exacerbated by obesity. It has been noticed that obese or overweight people tend to suffer more from arthritis pain as the added weight tends to add pressure on the joints. Thus, one of the best ways to reduce a significant amount of pain would be to reduce weight through dieting and limited exercises that don’t strain the joints. However, it is easier said than done as a person in pain cannot usually exercise! So, the best strategy is to visit a pain specialist / interventional pain physician and get your pain controlled. Thereafter, start the exercises and reduce the weight effectively.
- Medication for inflammation: Inflammation of the joints is the primary symptom of this disorder. Inflammation is also what causes the pain within the joints. Thus, treating the inflammation with relevant medication has also been known to reduce pain. This is usually the first option to go to for relieving arthritis pain. The catch point here is also the side effect profile of these drugs.
- Changes in Diet: A few type of foods, especially certain fish found in colder waters are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are very good at reducing inflammation within the joints. There are also certain food items which may be bad for your arthritis pain as they may aggravate inflammation and it is better to avoid such items altogether. Some examples of such items would be sugar, alcohol, white flour, processed meats, gluten rich foods among others.
- Massages: Whether it is a self-massage or from a therapist, it is a great way to encourage circulation which can help reduce inflammation and work as a pain reliever. A therapist would also know certain specific techniques to relieve arthritis pain. However, most of the times, improper massage shall do more harm than good.
- Interventional Pain Procedures: These may often be the most cost effective and usually the only option to reduce pain. These include joint injections, neurotomies, radio frequency therapy, laser therapy, ozone therapy, platelet rich plasma or anti-inflammatory injections.
- Other therapies: Some other therapies include heat and cold compress, acupuncture, wearing supportive wears and braces among others to encourage circulation and reduce pain. Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation also helps to relieve pain by stimulating the affected nerves in the joints with the help of a low voltage electric current. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.