Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. MathiyalaganYour feedback matters!
72 male DM2 for 18 yrs, osteoarthritis for last 30 years unable to walk ,poor digestion ,sedentary life style. I will be thankful if you inform the quantity of papaya and banana and it's type that is fully ripe, unripe, semiripe.etc method of consumption.
I'm suffering from pinched nerve in my left arm it causes severe pain I don't know what to do exact in the upper arm help me out.
I am in 26 week of pregnancy. Everyday I take 15 min walk at evening but I feel back ache during sleep. Even I Face breathing problem my bp is normal. Please help me what can I do.
History of back problem from 20 years. Present position is uncomfort in legs every time, specially at night. Very Severe pain with pressure most of the time in legs which is unbearable. Little Swelling in legs and feet but it's painful while pressing them. Back is having less pain but legs are all time pressurized. Main problem right now is sudden pain starts up to the point of blast specially near ankle. Also unable to bend knees. I am looking for vascular doctor.
Slow neck pain and gas problem are occurred before 10 th days. I feel like not breathing properly and also feel like my neck catch by someone. What problem occur in my neck.
I am 25 years old. I have a sever pain in my legs. From 2 days. I have took the medicine. Still the my legs are paining.
I have met with an minor accident on 8th july and my foot/Toe got twisted badly and my 2nd Metatarsal bone got dislocated. It seems I got Lisfranc Fracture. Doctor advised that he cannot take any action until the swelling get reduced and me to take a week rest. Would it be corrected by hands after swelling or I need to go under Surgery? Because I am worried that in a week time the would settle on its current position and I need to go for surgery. kindly advise.
Dear Sir, I am suffering facing heel pain / Spur in my left leg since 2 years and consult 3 or 4 doctors but not find write solution till now. I am just 28 years single and my weight 82 and height 5.6" Regards AShutosh.
Hi doctor, my wife age is 27, she is facing sever joint pains since from last 2-3 years, at least once in a week her palm and fingers become fat and turns to red, at that time she couldn't move her fingers and do any work. Once she take the pain killer pain will reduce. Last year we consulted some expert doctor in bangalore, after blood test, they suggested to take tablets, she took tablets regularly for 10 months but there was no improvements, so she stoped taking tablets. Now she takes only pain killer when there is a pain. So kindly suggest the solution for this problem.
I am 38 year old male, going for regular walk from last 6 years. But now from last 6 month fell pain in legs and arms through out day.
I am 49 years old. I am suffering too much sciaticas pain backside lower portion from last 10 days. Please help me what should I do?
I am suffering from gout and my right upper part of leg is getting weak and almost become half as compared to left how can it be better.
I am a house wife and lactating mother. I am 28y. I have rest less leg, pain my hip and waist at the time stand up sometime my leg also. What should I do?
I am 39 year old male , I am used to intense workout in the gym, I squat 2 * bodyweight , but last week when I was squatting I experienced making pain in left side of my lower back so I quit squatting for the week, I did not feel any pain, but when I resumed squatting after a gap of 10 days the pain was back please advise, thanks.
Lower back pain is a very common issue and can take place due to numerous reasons. However, one of its main causes is a ligament strain or back muscle strain. Microscopic tear or excessive stretching of ligaments can take place due to lifting very heavy objects, doing enormously strenuous task or due to a sudden twisted movement. These conditions are most likely to be experienced by individuals ranging between the ages of 30 and 60. Other causes of lower back pain include back injury, arthritis of back bone joints, infections in the lower back area, and in very rare cases, tumours.
In case of acute back pain, these are a few important things that should be definitely kept in mind.
- It is absolutely essential to take rest for a couple of days and avoid any sort of stressful activity. Although back pain is self-limiting, if you take proper care, it can be cured in a few days. However, if proper rest is not taken, the situation may become worse.
- Using the black belt, also known as lumbo sacral corset, is a good idea. This can actually be of enormous help to individuals who have been suffering from lower back pain for a long period of time.
- As already mentioned, one of the main causes of these kinds of mishaps are sudden jerky movements, twisted movements, heavy weight lifting etc. So, it is necessary to avoid such circumstances, or else, a more acute back pain situation may arise due to slipping of one of the discs from the spinal cord.
- As much as you like long drives and bike rides, these are a strict no. Any prolonged sitting or standing activity needs to be avoided. It is important that the tear caused in the muscles due to what-so-ever reason heals properly and prolonged stay in a tensed muscle position would definitely not help the cause.
- Although these back pains can be handled at home by following the discussed steps, using simple analgesics or muscle relaxants prescribed by the doctor can be a way to speed up the process of recovering the strained ligament.
Apart from these important steps, regular exercise to strengthen the core body muscles is a great way to avoid such ligament strains in the future. However, if you feel that even after following the precautionary measures, you problem doesn’t subside, consult an experienced doctor for his advice.
Please help me sir how can I get pain free form my lag joint? I am suffering from 5 days. So now how can I pain free relief? Help me sir. Thanking you sir.
Weakness of the muscles due to a genetically inherited condition is known as muscular dystrophy. This condition prevents the body from producing the required protein that can help in building muscles. This protein is also responsible for making the muscles strong and stable. This is most commonly seen in children who may seem clumsy as they begin to grow up and indulge in varied kinds of movements. Let us learn more about this condition and the ways in which it may be treated.
- Symptoms: In order to better understand the ways of treating this condition, it is important to take stock of the varied signs and symptoms that are associated with the same. The main symptom of this condition includes difficulty in walking as well as constant slips and falls that may be endured by the child. Also, the children suffering from this condition will have trouble in lifting the leg and foot in a normal way.
- Other Complications: This condition can also affect the heart and lungs by making the muscles in these regions weak. Also, this condition can lead to a number of serious breathing problems that will need immediate medical intervention so that it does not become fatal. It may also lead to accelerated heart beats and affect the hands and feet of the patient in an adverse manner. This condition can be found in different types, each of which will affect the patient in a different manner.
- Physical and Occupational Therapy: One of the most effective ways of dealing with condition in the long run is to indulge in physical and occupational therapy. With the help of a physiotherapist and other specialists, the patient will be taught to move in a more deliberate and normal manner without falling too often. Also, the patient will be eventually trained to go about life and various functions with certain kinds of movements that will be limited to the issues that the patient may be facing. Bracing will also be required so as to help the child cope better in the physical sense.
- Prednisone: This medicine may be prescribed by the Pediatrician to ensure that the progression of the heart issues may be slowed down. This will ensure that the heart may function in a more normal manner despite the muscle issues that it may be facing. The doctor will usually recommend that the medicine should be started when the child is around five or six years old.
- Spinal Fusion: This surgery can lessen the pain and reduce the severity of the symptoms, which can lead to better chances of moving in a normal manner. This will also give the child better posture so that the child may breathe normally.