Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mathialagan M PYour feedback matters!
I am south Indian. I use to take most of time Rice. Recently, it appear that I got Diabetes problem. May I know exactly the following details What is the minimum and Maximum level of Blood Sugar before taking Food in Morning What is the minimum and Maximum level of Blood Sugar after taking Food in Morning What will be random level of Blood sugar.
Our body cells are responsible for the essential breakdown of food into energy, as it is vital for our body functioning. Cells break down food into glucose and then convert glucose into energy through insulin, which is an important hormone in the body. Diabetes is associated with the inappropriate functioning of insulin and can be classified into two types: Type I and Type 2 Diabetes. In type I Diabetes, the body does not make enough insulin. In type 2 diabetes, the cell do not use insulin properly.
Both conditions cause blood glucose levels to rise in the body. Diabetes is more than one disease as it poses serious health risks. People with diabetes are at risk of developing a host of problems such as stroke, hypertension, nerve damage, skin, eyes and kidney problems. High amount of blood sugar level can cause damage to the blood vessels leading to blocked arteries restricting blood flow to the heart. Poor blood glucose control can lead to high blood pressure and other blood lipid abnormalities including high levels of HDL (good cholesterol) and triglycerides.
The link between cardiovascular disease and diabetes is well established by medical science. It is estimated that 65% of people with diabetes die of heart disease, which makes it a leading cause of all deaths among diabetic patients. Doctors refer to this connection as DHD- Diabetic Heart Disease. The term Diabetic Heart Disease covers coronary heart disease; narrowing of the arteries, heart failure; minimising heart’s capacity to pump enough blood and diabetic cardiomyopathy; alteration in the structure and function of the heart.
A sedentary lifestyle with little or no physical activity, smoking, stressful life and unhealthy eating habits all contribute to weight gain, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart diseases and diabetes. Thus, weight and lifestyle issues management is the best way to prevent and control such health risks.
Let’s look at some simple but effective ways towards a healthy lifestyle:
- Physical exercise: Adopt a 30 minute exercise rule to remain healthy and fit. For diabetic patients, a morning and evening walk is highly recommended. You could walk, run, gym, climb stairs, do yoga, aerobics or other physical activity that interests you.
- Eat healthy: Avoid fried and packaged foods as they are full of fats, salt and sugar. Include seasonal vegetables and fruits in your diet and drink plenty of water. Dieticians recommend eating a heart-healthy diet including superfoods like broccoli, spinach, berries and fibre rich meal.
- Weight management: Keeping weight under check is an effective way to prevent the risk of heart diseases. Consult a dietician for a customised diet plan as per your medical condition.
- Be positive: Stress is a silent killer and a major contributor to all lifestyle diseases. Remain calm and manage your negative thoughts to overcome stress.
Health is the ultimate treasure you have! Preserve it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My father is a diabetes patient, what kind of food will be good for him, will fruits be healthy for him to eat? how many times in a day shall he have food? We are pure vegetarian, we dont even eat egg, so please suggest it accordingly.
My sugar level always on high. Fasting 130-140 and PP 230-240. I'm taking gemer forte 2 and volix 0.3 in the morning and also the same tablets at night too. My doctor says to reduce sugar levels the only option left out is insulin injections. All possible oral medicines are over. Please advice.
Need guidance for thyroid issue. My TSH shows 7.77. How to handle this disorder. Is medication mandatory.
How to care for diabetic. Is any medicine is available for lifetime treatment. What us the diet chart for diabetic patients. How to care such typ of people. please help me and any special care for eye.
Actually my uncle is diabetic patient so is it necessary to fully avoid the sweet? Can you please suggest any other alternative option like instead of only medicines?
1. Avoid eating following food items. Potato, rice, corn, corn flakes, market made cereal, muesli (contains added sugar), oily stuff such as parantha, poori & pakode.
2. Take a brisk walk for at least 30 kin per day preferably in morning. Brisk walking means at a pace when you start getting tired and sweaty.
3. Weight reduction is very important. Of you r overweight join some cardio program or swimming or jogging or walking to reduce weight
4. Take small meals frequently. Instead of having large meals at long intervals.
5. Ideally blood sugar should be checked daily but thats not possible in our scenario so once a week or twice a month is f9.
6. Get your eyes checked regularly for signs of diabetic retinopathy. Visit ophthalmologist as soon as you are diagnosed with type diabetes. You will be shocked to know that a large number of diabetics are diagnosed by their ophthalmologists
7. Diabetes have an effect on kidneys and nerves also so get renal function test every 6 monthly or so.
8. Foot care is very imp in diabetes because even a trivial injury in. Leg can become gangrene. Use silicone sole footwear available at medical shops. Never go outside with bare foot.
10. Regular medicine intake is very imp
11. Lastly diabetes is a lifestyle disorder. Sedentary lifestyle makes things worse and result into syndrome x which apart from diabetes also includes increased lipids in blood and hypertension. Adopt an active life style.