Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mathew
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MathewYour feedback matters!
I m 23 years old. 2 days back I had constipation and when I passed the stool It was very hard. And as it passed I felt a very sharp pricking pain and irritation in the anal area. The next morning I passed stools but I even saw 2-3 tiny drops of pinkish red blood. It was definitely not my periods. It wasn't coming out from urine also, so I guess it must be from anal area only. Even now wen I pass stools there is sharp pricking pain and itching that persists for 10-15 mins even after bowel movements. There is no blood in stool. But when I pass stools it turns the toilet water fully brown. I will visit a doctor in person within a day now. But just wanted to confirm whether this is serious? Is it like anal / colon cancer or something?
The late spring is here and has carried with it’s the burning sun, extraordinary warmth and in addition a swarm of skin issues. The warmth, sun and the sweat makes the skin looks dull and furthermore cause monstrous rashes. Sunburn is basic amid this season alongside tanning. Consequently, it is essential that you keep your skin ensured and furthermore remove care of it to remain from skin bothering. There are sure strides that you ought to take after religiously amid the late spring to look great as well as to keep your skin sound too.
The means are as per the following:
- The first thing you ought to do to keep your skin shining with well being amid the summers is to drink bunches of fluid. The summers accompanies the gift of various nutritious organic products like water melon, litchi, mangoes and these natural products give a wonderful approach to keep your skin sparkling. It is ideal to eat the entire natural products than juices yet whichever way it is useful to your skin.
- The second step that you should take after amid the summers is to apply sunscreen moisturizer before going out amid the daytime, on all parts of the body, that would be presented to the cruel beams of the sun. You would likewise do great to convey an umbrella and cover yourself however much as could be expected from the sunbeams.
- The skin effectively gets bothered amid the mid year that outcomes in furious rashes everywhere throughout the body and the face. Subsequently wear free cotton garments that would drench the sweat and in addition let your skin breath. This would keep your skin solid amid the summers.
- If your skin gets, sunburned, when you return home the primary thing you ought to do is sprinkle cool water to your face. To sooth and unwind a sun consumed skin, douse cool rose water in a cotton ball and apply to the sun consumed zones of the skin.
- It would be perceptive to utilize negligible cosmetics amid the mid year since the cosmetics may turn revolting with the swat as well as cause skin aggravation. In the event that you need to utilize cosmetics, utilize waterproof ones produced by presumed organizations and ensure you expel it totally before going to bed.
- Do not neglect to shower every day to keep your skin and additionally yourself sound amid the cruel mid-year.
A piece of burning plastic fell on my hand about twenty minutes ago. I instinctively ripped it out and the skin came right along. I put it in cold water and now it stings and keeps getting wet on its own I also put toothpaste but now I took it off .what do I do?
My husband is 30 years he works for a night shift he don't get proper sleep during day time n also his eyes have become dark circles his skin tone s changed .please suggest.
My wife is suffering from depigmentation since my baby birth in 2014. She used lots of medicine like.
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term, which refers to the phenomena of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment named melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends on the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. The skin may get dark entirely or in patches due to pigmentation. In some cases, decolouration takes place or white patches are formed on the skin.
Causes and Types of Pigmentation
The type of skin pigmentation depends on the cause behind it. Here are some of the common causes and types:
- Melanin: The skin colour varies from one person to another due to the presence of a pigment called melanin. It is produced by melanocytes cells in our body. Melanin protects our skin from damage on exposure to sunlight. When we spend long hours under the sun, the melanin production is increased. This gives a tanned look.
- Freckles: These are caused by clusters of melanin. These gets accumulated or concentrated in clusters on being exposed to sunrays.
- Liver Spots/Age Spots: These are also known as solar lentigos. This can be due to ageing or excessive exposure to UV rays.
- Birthmarks: These are referred to the irregular blemish that appears on any part of the body soon after birth or at the time of birth. These are of two types: vascular and pigmented.
- Melasma/Chloasma Faciei: This is usually found in pregnant women. It occurs due to the over-activation of melanocytes as there is a hormonal imbalance.
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation: This refers to inflammation as a result of inflammation caused by trauma.
Treatment: There are several ways to treat skin pigmentation. There are medicines and cosmetics available in the markets, which help in getting rid of the pigmentation. Skin pigmentation can also be tackled by certain home-based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. Apply a mixture of milk and honey on the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyperpigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables will lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sun-screen: It is important to guard your skin against the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to the generation of toxins in our blood stream. This is harmful to our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!