Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
I have dental problems. In our area high chloride water. My dental color is brown. So what can I do?
Dear Doctor, I'm having itching situation on my penile glans, sometimes like thrush kind of. Is that ok if I use coconut oil for curing. Kindly suggest as i'm getting married next month.
I am suffering from mouth ulcer from last year and when I was go to the doctor they told me that the problem is all about digestion and thay had gave me a tablets which works only for few weeks after again it becomes started.
Since my childhood I have been Suffering from sever body heat. All the time my mouth gets swells. Please give my suggestion.
How my name is mnohar and I have the pain in my tooth only in night when I am in my dream so guide me yrr.
1. Proper brushing: One of the easiest steps to do to help your teeth keep clean. When brushing your teeth, position the bristles at an angle of 45 degrees near the gum line. Both the gum line and the tooth surface should be in contact with the bristles. Brush the outer surfaces of the teeth using a back-and-forth, up-and-down motion, making sure to be done gently in order to avoid bleeding. To clean the inside surfaces of the teeth and gums, place the bristles at a 45-degree angle again and repeat the back-and-forth, up-and-down motion. Lastly, brush the surfaces of your tongue and the roof of your mouth to remove bacteria, which might cause bad breath.
Try to brush at least twice a day to prevent acid buildup from the breakdown of food by bacteria. However, if your work or activities prevent you from doing this, thoroughly rinse your mouth with water after eating to minimize the amount of food that would serve as substrate for the bacteria.
?2. Flossing: We know, it’s a chore and a lot of times forgetful after brushing if rushing out the door or heading to bed. However, flossing can help you remove food particles and other detrimental substances that brushing regularly cannot. Flossing allows you to reach deep between your teeth where the toothbrush bristles cannot reach or even mouthwash cannot wash away. We recommend flossing at least once a day.
3. Avoid tobacco: This will be a big favor to your teeth. One, it will save you from oral cancer and periodontal complications. Two, it will save you from the countless ill effects caused by the agents used to mask the smell of tobacco. For example, if you smoke a cigarette, you may use candies, tea or coffee to mask the smoky breath and odor. This doubles the amount of damage caused.
4. Limit sodas, coffee, and alcohol: Although these beverages contain a high level of phosphorous, which is a necessary mineral for a healthy mouth, too much phosphorous can deplete the body’s level of calcium. This causes dental hygiene problems such as tooth decay and gum disease. Beverages containing additives such as corn syrup and food dye can make pearly white teeth appear dull and discolored. Therefore, it is best to choose beverages like milk, which helps strengthen teeth and build stronger enamel, giving you a healthy, beautiful smile and water which hydrates your body longer than sugary drinks.
5. Consume calcium and other vitamins that are good for the body: You need plenty of calcium for your teeth. It is essential for the teeth as well as your bones. It is better to drink milk, fortified orange juice and to eat yogurt, broccoli, cheese, and other dairy products. You can also take a calcium supplement, taking different doses according to your age and necessity as per prescription. Calcium and vitamin d are necessary for maintaining the health of gums and teeth. Vitamin b complex is also essential for the protection of gums and teeth from cracking and bleeding. Copper, zinc, iodine, iron and potassium are also required for maintaining healthy dental hygiene.
6. Visit your dentist: You should visit your dentist at least twice a year to have a full hygiene treatment performed. Also at these appointments, a comprehensive exam is taken with x-rays to help detect and prevent future dental treatments from occurring.
7. Use mouthwash along side brushing and flossing: Mouthwash is not particularly necessary and not all mouthwashes are useful. Mouthwashes containing Listerine our chlorine dioxide are very helpful because they help to kill and maintain the bacteria in your mouth. It can help maintain good breath as well as help maintain strong teeth. Mouthwash cannot do all the work but if your are already brushing, flossing, visiting the dentist and eating well, mouthwash is the cherry on top that will make your dental health great.
8. Having a toothache or noticing other dental symptoms: ?if you are having tooth and jaw pain make an appointment as soon as possible. Your dentist needs to diagnose the underlying cause and correct it before it turns into a greater problem.
9. Look at the big picture: Everyone understands that you should take care of your teeth to avoid toothaches, maintain your looks and keep dental bills at bay. Many people, however, don’t understand how crucial oral health is to our total health picture. Tooth problems can lead to diabetes, heart disease, systemic infections, an inability to eat or speak properly and other maladies – some life-threatening. Crooked or crowded teeth can contribute to gum disease that can eventually lead to tooth loss. Straight teeth are no longer just for looks.
10. Clean your tongue: ?Clean the surface of your tongue daily. By using a professional tongue cleaner, you remove countless bacteria that otherwise live, particularly on the rougher top surface of your tongue. These can contribute to bad breath (halitosis) and negatively affect your dental health.
I have problem of halitosis from previous 5 years, I clean my teeth and tongue well everyday, but problem is not solved please suggest me the solution.
Feeling mouth dryness and body pain. What should I do? Yr opinion about Intake of bombay Rava (white Rava Uppuma,) and Palm jaggery.
He chews lots of tobacco in a day and his teeth have been spoiled due to this reason so any way to reduce the quantity of chewing his tobacco.
A wisdom tooth came up on the left side of my lower jaw about two weeks back. It was paining badly and I could hardly open my mouth. I was advised a painkiller tablet and liquid glycerine. After taking that, the pain subsided in about three days and I was able to open my mouth properly. But, all of a sudden, a few days after this, my saliva started tasting bad. I have kind of a metallic taste in my mouth constantly and when that taste is there, my saliva smells bad too. I kind of feel that this taste originates from the left side near the wisdom tooth. But I am not sure whether it's the upper or lower jaw. How do I overcome this condition? Please advise.
I have yellow teeth. I brush 2times a day by colgate but couldn't see any difference what shall I do?
Sir mere teeth mein peelepan ke saath teeth ke pichle hisse me kafi ganda hai. Aur kuch der k gap me khane par jabde me kaafi dard hota hai. please koi sujhaav de.
Mere muh me chale(ulcer) bahut hote hain, kai baar dava lekar dekh li but har bar fir se ho jate hain.
I have a staining mark which is uniform on most of my upper teeth, I don't know why it's happening, as I have never taken any medication for a prolonged time or administered with antibiotics for a long period?
Are Baby Teeth important?
Baby teeth may not last forever, but that doesn?t mean they aren?t extremely important. In fact, they are just as important to babies and kids as your adult teeth are to you! Here are five things every parent definitely needs to know about baby teeth.
My toddler is having speech issues could this be related to their teeth?
- Losing certain teeth too early can make it difficult to correctly say some words and might cause long term problems down the road.
Does it really matter if you get a cavity in a baby tooth?
- Baby teeth are different from adult teeth in that the outer layer of the teeth (the enamel) is much thinner, and the layer just under that (dentin) is much softer. Because of this, cavities can eat through baby teeth surprisingly quickly. With regular dental checkups, little cavities can get filled before they grow into a gaping hole.
Do cavities in baby teeth hurt as bad as adult cavities?
- Cavities hurt at any age! For children with untreated cavities, there is a good chance their little mouths are in pain. This can make it hard to focus in school and may lead to them feeling upset or grumpy much of the time. Living with the nagging pain of a toothache is no fun at all, so get those tiny teeth looked at asap!
When should my baby see the dentist? -As soon as the first tooth comes in!
Healthy baby teeth lead to healthy adult teeth, but they also do so much more. You can do your part by making sure your children brush after meals, floss daily, and see the dentist twice a year. And if you spot a cavity, get to the dentist right away! Every kid deserves to have a healthy, happy smile.