Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mary Thomas
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Mary ThomasYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am suffering from headache and my eyes runs water when driving bike. What should be consulted doctor. Eye specialist or other department. Please suggest me. Thanks.
Cataract, jise hum motiyabind bhi kehte h, ankho ki wo beemari hai jisme aankho k lense ki transparency dheere dheere kam hone lagti hai aur isse ankho ki roshni kaafi kam hojati hai. Iska ilaaj cataract surgery he hai. Isme koi dawaiya kaam nahi karti hai. Cataract surgery me ankho k defective lens ko nikal kar artificial lens laga dia jata hai, jisse hume fir se dikhna shuru hojata hai. Aaj kal cataract surgery ki latest technique ka naam Phacoemulsification hai. Isme hume ek chote se cheere se phacoe probe ko ankh k ander dala jata hai. Ye motiye k, yani cataract k defected lens k chote chote pieces ko pighla k bahar nikal deta hai. Aur fir usi cheere se artificial lens ankho k ander laga diya jata hai.
Jo lens ankho ke ander lagaya jata hai, use hum mukhya roop se 2 tarah se divide kia ja sakta h;
- Unifocal lens
- Multifocal lens
Unifocal Lens: Jese ki naam se pata lagta hai, unifocal lens ek point pe focus banata hai. Suppose, agar humara lens door k object pe focus bana raha hai to nazdeeki cheez saaf nazar nahi aegi. Aur agar pass ki object pe focus bana raha hai to door ki cheezein saaf nazar nahi aegi. Islie is lens ke sath hume chashma lagana he padega, jo ki hume patients ko pass ki nazar ka chashma lagana he padta hai saaf dekhne ke lie.
Multifocal Lens: Multifocal lens 2-3 jagah pe focus bana sakta hai. Aur iski madad se hume nazdeek or door, dono theek se dikhai de sakta hai. Lekin Multifocal lens has some disadvantages over Unifocal lens. like;
- Multifocal lens me hume image ka contrast kam milega in comparitive to Unifocal lens.
- Multifocal lens me Glare and Halos dikhai dene ke zada chances hote hai
Konse patients ko Unifocal lens chahie or konse patient ko multifocal lens chaie, ye patients khud decide kar sakte h, according to their choice and work. Jin patents pe operation se pehle he cylindrical number zada hota hai, un patients ko focus banane k lie aise lens ki zarurat hoti hai jinme cylindrical power ho. Aise lens ko hum Toric lens bhi kehte hai.
Yani ki aise patients k liye, Unifocal toric lens ya fir Multifocal toric lens he zada acche maane jate hai jinko ki wo choose kar sakte hai.
Cataract surgery k results aj ki tareek me bohot acche hai. Lekin ultimate visual gain after cataract after the sugery depends on the condition of the eyes before sugery and how the surgery works on the patients.
Hi friends, I am doctor Ravi Shankar Thandani from V.I. Foundation.Today, we will be discussing some points regarding the cataract. Cataract is a very common problem in India and it is one of the very common causes of reversible blindness in our country and there are millions of cases pending of cataract surgery. The main causes of cataract seem to be demographic which is very common in India and in tropical countries and some systemic diseases like diabetes, smoking, malnutrition and some deficiencies and some other systemic diseases may cause cataract in many patients. Sometimes it can be seen in very young newborn patients which are called congenital cataract. There are different types of the cataract which are seen in many patients, main common types of the cataracts are the nuclear type of the cataract and cortical type of the cataract. Which can cause symptoms of the cataract mostly is blurring of the vision frequent change of the glasses and sometimes coloured hazels are seen at the night types when the patient is moving out or driving mainly now it is cataract is really a very safe and sort of OPD procedure walk in and walk out type and the latest procedure for the cataract is called Phaco, in which we just use a very small dick and go through a needle inside the eye and remove the cataract with very high power ultrasonic sound waves and then we plant the lens through the same pro inside the eye and even beyond the latest technique of cataract removal has been introduced which is called flags in which we use femtosecond laser to fragment the cataract cells. And then we remove through the same seco machine, the outcome of the cataract surgery is very good, success rate is very-very high more than 99.9% cases are doing good and rate of complication is very low, rate of infection has been lowered with the help of latest medication, latest sterilisation techniques and latest antibiotics. So nowadays cataract is very safe and comfortable surgery.
If there are any queries regarding the cataract and cataract surgery you can contact me through Lybrate or you can contact me at my clinic. Thank you very much.
Sir/mam my eyes being red in summer. When I came out in sunshine my seeing capability became low. This happen only in summer.
Did you know that your vision is responsible for around 80% of you sensory input? your eyes are among the most delicate organs in your body. Long work hours in front of the computer and long study hours results in tired and sometimes irritating eye conditions. But help isn't too far. Before you head to the doctor, you can head to your kitchen to look for solutions. There are several home remedies that you can try to not only improve your eyesight but also get rid of glasses and rebuild your vision! here's how you can do it:
1. Exercise: Just like any other body part, your eyes need exercise too. Blinking your eyes rapidly for 5 seconds helps moisturize it. Similarly, cupping your eyes with you palms for 4-5 minutes triggers acupuncture points that helps the eye to relax. There are specific exercises to reduce eye strain, improve blurred vision and enhance reading. Do these as per the specific problem you are facing.
2. Take a break: Follow the 10-10-10 rule when you are on the computer for extended hours. For every half hour of work, take a 10 min break to look at something n a distance at least 10 feet away for 10 seconds. These becomes tricky if you are studying or working in a fast paced environment and easily forget to take breaks. Set alarms that help you know the time so that you can actively plan your breaks. To enhance break time, try to look at greenery during your 10 sec break which helps the eyes relax better. Splash your eyes with cold water to give them a fresh feel.
3. Yoga: Yoga and meditation relaxes your body and mind. It is also a great way to relax your eyes as you get to close them and give them rest. When you close your eyes, you shut out a big chunk of sensory inputs helping your body go from an active reaction mode to a passive action mode.
4. Eat for your eyes: Make sure you add your weekly quota of vision enhancing food in you diet. Carrots which are rich in beta-carotene and vitamin a are great for the eyes. Similarly grapes and blueberries work great to improve your night vision. Green leafy veggies, garlic, shallots, eggs and onion all contribute in keeping your eyes healthy and strong. Cold water fish rich in DHA is an another great food that helps reduce dry eyes and muscular degeneration.
5. Change your lifestyle: Other than exercise and proper nutrients, you need to ensure you get a shut eye for six to eight hours every day to let your eyes fully rest and rejuvenate. As always drink 6 - 8 glasses of water. And don't forget to get regular eye check ups especially if you are a diabetic or have other health conditions that adversely affect your eyes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!