Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MaranYour feedback matters!
I have pain in scrotum from today and also one side become larger what is the problem and suggest me some treatment.
My skin is getting black in sun light. It is effecting very soon. I have wedding in jan and I have to protect my skin as well as need to make skin fare soon.
I have infection in my left leg. Few days back I visited a dermatologist they treated me with tincognito and gave antifungal medication. After taking them my infection has stopped itching but inflammation is getting worse. I have been told to take fluconazole, cetrizine,niofine, sertaconazole nitrate cream. Should I visit the doctor or should I continue the medication.
I am 25 years old and have the dark circle only on my left eye. What is the reason it and what should I do to remove it?
Hi I had facial two days ago for first time and I had cool facial like some gel was applied and later some cucumber or green tea based mask was applied. Next morning I saw breakouts under my face skin. please help. They look like tiny pimples or but not red. But I have few pimples here and there on my face before. please help thanks.
I am 25 years old female . I had got chicken pox and because of that I have got scars and spots on my face and this problem is from 2 months . I am under homeopathy treatment for the same, So my question to you is that , Could homeopathy treatment helps to remove scars and spots?
I have came out in a rash 3 days ago iv tried cream but nothing seems to be working im scratching all day and night they seem to be goin all over my body.
Plz tell me treatment fast I m having a pimples on mah face and m having oily skin and some dark spot please tell me treatment please I feel so much irritation.
Sir mere ling mai khujli ho rhi h jaise koi chiti kaat rhi ho jaise kuch ataka ho or ling k upar ki Jo skin h vo piche krne m kafi pain hota h or khujali hote h toh white sa kuch jam jata h . Please help me sir what do.
Is there any way we can do spot reduction? I am fit overall but my belly is kind of coming out. What should I do? Can doing planks really help in this condition or I need to go for something else. Also it would be good if you tell me something about the diet which could fasten the process.
My brother had scalings on his lips. For the past 5 years. Since it was minimal, we used to apply moisturizers and vaseline. But since last 2 months, it has become quite severe. We have tried vaseline, aloe vera, various antiinflamatory creams, and also b complex, vit a & c suppliments. But in vain. Please advice.
Dear Doctor I am 50 years old i, my skin is loose as compare to other my age person. Pls guide how I can get tightness in my skin and improve my personality.
My friend has got problem to oily skin. After wash face with water, facing same problem on face. So how can reduce it. Advise pls.
Hypertrichosis: Symptoms and causes
What is hypertrichosis?
Hypertrichosis is the excessive growth of hair, which is abnormal given for the person's age, sex, body area or race. This is different from Hirsutism in which women experience hair growth in areas that generally fall under the male pattern of hair distribution.
The commonest symptom of hypertrichosis is the development of excess hair in small isolated patches (localised hypertrichosis) or all over the body (generalised hypertrichosis). Some with this disorder may exhibit enlarged gums and defects of the teeth as well.
Types of hypertrichosis
Hypertrichosis may be congenital (present during birth) or acquired.
- Congenital hypertrichosis is generally caused by genetic mutations. It may affect men and women differently, and may even impact the whole body, covering one totally in hair or just in isolated areas such as the upper part of the body, face, elbows etc.
- Acquired hypertrichosis occurs post birth. Causes of it may include side effects of certain drugs, certain types of cancer and metabolic abnormalities. It may also occur due to trauma. This generally causes hair growth around or in the facial region such as the upper lip, chin and cheeks that may follow a certain pattern.
Causes of Hypertrichosis:
- Genes - Genetic mutations has been seen to affect the development of hypertrichosis.
- Cancer - It may develop in those suffering from cancers of some forms. This form of hair growth is also known as malignant down and generally affects the face.
- Malnutrition - Eating disorders affect the metabolism of a person, which might lead to the development of hypertrichosis.
- Drugs - Certain drugs have been found to cause hormonal imbalances, which can induce excessive hair growth.
- Injuries - Trauma such as head or cerebral injuries or exposure to certain chemicals may also cause hypertrichosis. Porphyrias, which are disorders affecting the skin and or nerves, may also lead to its development.