Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manu Lakshmi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manu LakshmiYour feedback matters!
The success rates of IVF are in the spotlight but there is worry among patients. IVF cycles are extremely costly and so if things don’t work out at one go and women require more cycles for getting the desired success, then that means, you would need to spend a lot.
The problem lies on the fact that clinics are not bound to disclose the kind of success rates they have, so this makes it impossible for anyone to compare each and every clinic. So, how to make sure that you get down to a genuinely good IVF Clinic, where there is surety that going through an IVF cycle would not let your money go in waste.
- Pregnancy against live birth rates: There is a steady decline not only in woman’s fertility but also in the success rates of IVF, as they grow older. In case of almost all clinics, the success rates tend to be on the higher side for those women, who are under the age of 30, with them having 26% chance that they are going to take home a baby after going through each cycle of IVF. On the other hand, those are aged above 40 years have just about 6% chance of getting success and take a baby home. Generally, figures suggest that only half of the pregnancies through IVF, for women above the age bracket of 40 years will lead to live birth. So, it is important to take note, if you see on the website of any clinic that they are showing pregnancy rate rather than live birth rate, most importantly if you are in your 40s. Prospective patients must ask their clinic to disclose the pregnancy rate as well as the live birth success rate for their respective age groups.
- Blastocyst cultures: Another way through which one can easily predict the success of any particular clinic is by seeing whether they use blastocyst culture. The normal tradition was to grow embryos just for a few days till the stage of cleavage but now, the main aim of most treatment is to the growth of embryos for five days till they reach the stage of a blastocyst.
- This is a kind of a situation wherein the best survive till the end and the weaker ones tend to die down. This process of selection makes it easier for embryologists to take the best embryo for transfer, hence leading to better results.
- Sperm injections: Success through IVF is also dependent upon the cause behind infertility. Some male counterparts have really low sperm count and hence require intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection. This leads to injection of an individual sperm into an egg. At times when things are not clear whether a patient would need ICSI, doctor will generally allow half of the eggs to get inseminated through standard process of insemination and the other half would be injected through ICSI. If someone gets enough eggs, then it would surely require to enquired.
I am 25 year old got marriage on may 10th 2015. Till now I didn't get pregnancy. Is there any problems behind that. And I want to know about thyroid.
Respected mam my sister is pregnant but already she have diabetics and hypertension. Now she is pregnant she having diabetics and hypertension and also have a multiple uterine fibroids in the anterior myometrium and few in the posterior myometrium. What we will do mam and she continued the 9 months she getting any problems.
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a medical procedure that side-steps the sexual act of conceiving and helps infertile couples, conceive a biological child. It involves the manual process of fertilization by combining an egg and sperm in the laboratory and then implanting the embryo into the female to impregnate her.
A number of factors play an important role in the success of the procedure and some of them are:
- Lifestyle habits - Certain lifestyle factors can significantly affect your prospects of getting pregnant through this route. Smoking can reduce your prospect of success using this procedure by about 50%. It can cause you to have lesser number of eggs retrieved during the procedure while increasing instances of miscarriages. Likewise, obesity, alcohol use, consumption of excessive caffeine and drugs can adversely affect your chances of getting pregnant using IVF.
- Embryo status - Embryos that are better developed with good grade stand a higher chance of experiencing success than less developed embryos. More importantly, not every embryo is able to survive the development process.
- The age at which you get pregnant - A factor that plays a role in influencing your chances of experiencing success in your IVF procedure is the age at which you opt for this procedure. The lower your age, the chances that you may get pregnant and deliver a healthy child using your own eggs witness an increase. On the other hand, if you're aged 41 and above, or your egg reserve is very low donor eggs are the most preferred option as they help to increase your prospects of meeting a success.
- Cause of Infertility - If your supply of eggs is normal, success rate using IVF is high. Women who suffer from the problem of endometriosis experience lesser chances of getting pregnant than women who have unexplained fertility.
- Reproductive history - IVF success rate chances are higher if you've delivered a baby previously using IVF.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am dr. Sanket Gupta.I am practicing homeopathic consultant at AKG’s OVIHAM’s centers. We have two clinics at Pitam Pura and Moti bagh and you can consult me there.
Today I would like to talk about a very common disorder seen in female these days that is called Polycystic Ovarian diseases it is characterized by presence of follicles of the weight ovaries of the female, which leads to menstrual irregularities, which lead to weight gain, unwanted hair growth which is called Hirsutism. And even difficulty in conceiving. In the last 20 25 years this PCOD has become very common and it’s not like that was not earlier but definitely the insolence and prevalence has increased over the years. The reason being the sedentary lifestyle, lack of physical activity and defiantly additives, addition of sugar and sugar additives. A cystic ovary also develops when there is a hormonal imbalance is a female. The hormonal imbalance again could be due to sedentary lifestyle or could be when, there are certain females in which the male hormone increases, that is called androgen and the female hormones reduce that is the estrogen so this imbalance also leads to cystic formation of follicles which prevents proper conception and proper menstrual flow, how to avoid it. The first thing that patient in females in need to do is get into physical activities to get into losing their weight, avoid chocolates and sweets and sweeteners in any form of and get their insulin also detected because there is an insulin resistance that develops in PCOD. People, females complain of start acne around the chin or hair, unwanted hair on the chin or facial hair even the chest and back so all these symptoms are, you know guiding toward PCOD. We usually diagnose it with the help of an ultrasound and complete hormonal assay where we test for the estrogen, progesterone, LH, follicle stimulating of hormone and prolactin and the testosterone. Any imbalance is there, doctors, I mean patients should consult the doctors. Homeopathy as a very good role to play in PCOD, it’s a disease again that is constitutional treatment is required. Without any side effects, homeopathy is able to cure the patient completely. Management part comes when there is, you patient, as I said earlier, secondary lifestyle and additives of, addition of sugar. You know, over the years increase the prevalence of PCOD also there are certain drugs like even, oral contraceptive pills can lead to formation for cyst even though there is they’re prescribed in modern medicine as a treatment also but when you, when you take certain pills for a longer period of time, they’re also, you know, they cause formation of these cysts, and do not help in conception. And coming to the homeopathic part, homeopathy is a science where, you know, that is individual science as a I said there are certain causes, lot of causes of PCOD and when we are certain in a female, depending from female to female, the treatment also varies. There are medicines like Pulsatilla, PCR, Neterameorh, Apis Mellifica, Thuja, all are very good medicines for PCOD and PCOD is completely curable with homeopathy. But as I said, please do not take them on their own.
Consult your nearest homeopathic doctor. You can consult me here on Lybrate.