Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manoj Kumar Shah
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Knee Pain
Submit a review for Dr. Manoj Kumar ShahYour feedback matters!
Dear Sir, I am from India. I am Senthil Murugan Roberts. My wife is suffering from severe head ache for the past 5 months. The pain spreads throughout the whole body. We have approached all the chief doctors in our place. They all said that there is nothing severe in her. But in the meantime, we have made Angio and checked whether if there is any blockage. But there is no such thing also. We have checked Ortho, Gynecologist, Endocrinologist, Neurologists, and several general physicians. But nobody has still found the problem. In the meantime, we have a Big research Institute cum Hospital namely JIPMER in our place Puducherry, India. There we have shown in all the departments and finally through one Neurologist they said that there is some problem in the eyes. So she went to the eye section (Ophthalmology) and they made several tests. And they said that there is some blood leakage in the eye. It is not from the eyes, but from the brain. And further they told nothing to my wife and simply given one B-Complex tablet along with one more tablet called Diamox 250 mg (Acetazolamide IP) for one month. And they advised my wife to come to hospital immediately if there is any emergency like sudden vision loss or if there is any kind of paralysis in the hands and limbs. So we are very confused that is there any Brain Haemorrhage? Because they said that the blood is filling in the eyes and there will be vision loss sometimes. But when we took MRI scan brain (Plain) there is no Haemorrhage. And again we took one CT Scan brain. In that also they said that there is no Haemorrhage. We are so much confused. But the pain in the brain has not reduced a single percent till now for the past 5 months. What shall we do further? Please help us in this regard and advise us a good opinion. I have enclosed the reports and the diagnosis for your ready reference. Kindly go through and save my wife's life with your valuable consultation. Yours sincerely, Senthil Murugan Roberts. Mobile - 91-8220878106 Puducherry. South India.
Please suggest on below U.S.G PELVIS & abdomen U.T -- avns N echotxtous R .T.O -- Shows cyst of 3.7*3.2*3.6 L.T.O -- N CUT .DE. Sac --- no few fluid seen Suggest tablet? please Nd Dr. give me mala n dose for month !this is right dose? Pls. help
My niece is suffering from a severe vitamin B12 deficiency he takes injection for three months once for that. Is any permanent treatment for that disease sir. He is 26 years old.
I am having frequent Tingling, burning and vibrating sensation all over the body. No pain is present. Its very frequent and irritating. I too have little pressure or uncomfortness in eyes with Headache (mostly present in whole right portion of head or temples and forehead. I have Cervical Spondylitis. I am 23 years age. What's going on I can't understand. What can it be?
While consuming alcohol in small amounts has its health benefits, using alcohol as an escape from daily social and work pressures could lead to harmful effects. Consuming alcohol more than the body can endure can pave the way for devastating health conditions, including permanent damage to the liver.
1. What is alcohol addiction?
When a person becomes so dependent on alcohol that it becomes difficult to function without it, the condition is called alcohol addiction. Untreated alcohol abuse can progress dependences to an addiction to alcohol characterized by physical dependence and/or inability to stop despite serious consequences. Once they begin drinking, alcoholics have little to no control over the amount they consume.
2. Signs and symptoms of alcohol dependence are as follows:
- Significant hangovers and increase in time needed to recover from after-effects of alcohol use.
- Increased amount of alcohol consumed because of increased tolerance; or, decrease in the effects of alcohol use without substantial increases in the amount consumed.
- Reduced attention to personal and professional responsibilities.
- Repeated unsuccessful efforts to reduce alcohol consumption.
- Withdrawal symptoms when unable to consume alcohol.
- Continuing to consume alcohol despite knowing its harmful effects.
3. What are the short-term effects of alcohol addiction?
- The short-term effects of alcohol consumption above a specified level differ from person to person, depending on the age and weight of the person, and whether the alcohol has been taken on an empty or full stomach.
- Though the short-term effects of alcohol are pleasant in the first place, they may lead to poor concentration, diminishing reflexes, lack of coordination and many other conditions which may lead to slowing down of the important activities of the brain.
- It may also lead to emotional and psychological changes, sleep disorders, drowsiness, slurring of speech, nausea and vomiting.
- The short-term effects of alcohol are further amplified when it is consumed along with certain medications.
4. What are the long-term effects of alcohol addiction?
- Daily consumption of alcohol for a prolonged period of time can lead to death of cells in the brain, causing nerve damage, eventually leading to poor mental and physical functions.
- Alcohol addiction causes damage to the liver, and leads to a severe medical condition called cirrhosis, where the liver is required to be transplanted.
- It may also lead to pancreatitis, which is a dangerous inflammation of the pancreas.
- When the body becomes tolerant to high doses of alcohol, consuming alcohol no more leads to short-term effects of alcohol. The condition, commonly referred to as tolerance, may lead to total dependence on alcohol in case of some individuals.
If a person has become addicted to alcohol, he/she would keep on drinking regardless of the mental and physical effects of alcohol. It may also cause relationship troubles, a steady drop in sexual performance, loss of job, and many other devastating outcomes. Therefore, it is crucial to opt for treatment while the situation is under control. Otherwise, it may affect all aspects of a person’s life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.