Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manoharan
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. ManoharanYour feedback matters!
Sir I am 17 year male. I am facing a lot of problem in my voice. I have bad voice. I cannot speak aloud because my voice just slips like. I am totally unable to speak aloud. I cannot say yes sir while attendance. I do not take phone calls because my friends tols me that my voice is like female voice while talking to anyone on phone call. So please tell what to so sir. please give me solution, so that my voice gets normal. And I could came out of this problem.
Hello sir, sir my problem is big please solve my problem m very hesitate this my problem. My problem is I not talk properly means (ruk ruk ke bolna haklana) this is my big problem so please sir solve my big problem. Whatever your fees I ll give sir Thank you very much sir.
I have stammering problem only when I give some seminar or orientation. So can I take propranolol? If so when or any other solution? Plzz help.
Voice results from the air that comes out of the lungs and passes through the vocal cords. The latter is also known as the voice box. Speech results from the vibration of the chords. Voice disorder might occur for various reasons such as tone, pitch, and volume of the if the voice. The roots of all problems boil down to the malfunctioning of the cords.
Voice disorder examples:
- Laryngitis: Laryngitis results from the swelling of the vocal cords. It can lead to a temporary halt of voice or a voice with hoarseness. It often occurs due to a viral attack in the respiratory tract. It can last from a few days to a few weeks. The treatment suggested for cases like these include resting the voice and intake of a lot of fluids. Some common causes that are responsible for laryngitis are GERD, chronic cough, and asthma.
- Vocal cord paralysis: Paralysis of the vocal cord can be temporary or permanent. The possible cause of this scenario can be from viral infection, cancer, surgical injury to the nerve etc. In the case of a paralysis of the vocal cord, a person might find difficulty in breathing, can result in weak voice etc. While this condition improves for many people with voice therapy and surgery, for some they permanently lose their ability to speak.
- Spasmodic dysphonia: The vocal cord spasm due to a problem with the nerve. This condition can lead to a quivery, hoarse, groaning or jerky voice. In this condition, a person might find it easy to speak at times and have difficulty in speaking later. Botulinum toxin and speech therapy help to improve this condition.
Possible causes of voice disorders:
- Growth: Extra tissue formation on the vocal cords might stop the vocal cords to work properly leading to voice disorders. The growth can be treated with injection, medicine or surgery.
- Swelling and inflammation: Exposure to chemicals, vocal and alcohol abuse, surgery-related complications can lead to inflammation or swelling of the vocal cords resulting in voice-related problems.
- Hormone: Disorder of the male, female and thyroid hormone can lead to voice related disorders affecting speech.
Symptoms of voice disorders:
- The harshness of the voice
- Voice is breathy, weak and whispery
- The voice sounds like choppy or strained
- A quivering sound while speaking
- The voice sounds harsh or rough while speaking
Diagnosis of Voice related disorders:
Voice related disorders can be detected through a process known as Laryngoscopy. This helps a doctor to view the throat region and find out the possible culprit that may be causing the problem. Some other popular methods are stroboscopy, EMG and imaging tests such as MRI and X-Ray of the throat. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a speech-therapist.
My age is 28, from West Bengal. I have been stuttering from my 13th years age. Particularly few syllables causes stuttering. Initial letters, syllables block more in speaking. Feel ache at chest and throat sometimes while speaking. Jaw vibrates and feel lack of energy. Earlier I spoke very much, fast, clearly and fluently. Normal voice causes stuttering maximum. In very lower voice with pause and in excited mood no stuttering found. Please identify the exact problem and remedial suggestions. I will remain grateful to you for ever.
I have stammering problem since I was child. I talk normally without stammering when I talks to friends or someone I know, but the problem starts when I talk to any strangers or front of many people on stage due to nervousness. It also happens when someone suddenly ask a question. It's really very big problem for me, I just want to overcome it. So if you please tell me what to do, I will be very obliged. Thank you & looking for your reply.
- फिकर छोड दें! हकलाहट का इलाज सिर्फ़ दो हफ़्तों मे मुमकिन है। हकलाहट कोई बीमारी नही है और न ही कोई शारीरिक विकलांग है। यह एक पूर्णतः मानसिक बुरी आदत है जो आसानी से ठीक किया जा सकता है और वह भी सिर्फ़ 2 सप्ताह मे। पिछले 21सालों से मुरली सिहँ ने 2500हकलाहट-ग्रस्त लोगों की मदद कर चुके है और आज भी उन तमाम लोगों की मदद कर रहे है जो हकलाहट के वजह से दुखी, चिन्तित, शर्मिन्दा, असहाय, हताश और निराश है।हकलाहट के उपचार के चिर-उपेक्षरित और अवहेलित क्षेत्र मे एक क्रांति!
- अब और देर न करें! आपके जीवन मे हकलाहट के उपचार को प्राथमिक बनाएँ और अनगिनत मौकों को बरबाद होने से बचाएँ। जितनी जल्दी आप ठीक हो जाएँगे, उतनी जल्दी आपको एक खुशाल ज़िन्दगी मिल पाएगी। अभी हमारा कोर्स करने का निर्णय लें और हमसे संपर्क करें। इस कोर्स को करने के बाद दुनिया की कोई भी शक्ति आपको एक धाराप्रवाह और विश्वस्त वक्ता बनने से रोक नही सकेगी।
- इतिहास गवाही देती है कि जो लोग हकलाहट के शिकार होते है, उन मे दूसरों से ज़्यादा क्षमता और गुण होते है पर इस समस्या के वजह से उन्हे सफलता नही मिल पाती है। पर आप इस समस्या का अंत अभी कर सकते है और अपने मंज़ििलों को हासिल कर सकते है।अगर आप मे हकलाहट से मुक्ति पाने की इच्छा और कोशिश है तो मेरे पास आपके धाराप्रवाह वक्ता बनने के सपने को पूरा करने के लिए असरदार तकनीक है। मेरा मनना है कि अपने सहस और मेहनत से आप खुद अपना भाग्य लिख सकते है। तुरंत हमारा कोर्स करें और अपने सपने को साकार करें।