Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. ManoharanYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old boy, have stammering/stuttering problem actually my 2 upper teeth are outwards don't know this problem is due to this reason or not. My voice is not clear to understood its raucous or harsh voice, especially when pronouncing words like three, tree etc. Many people are not able to understood what I am speaking sometimes I have to speak with very slow speed to make people understand. Its been a big problem now. How to overcome this problem?
I am 24 year old male. I have some problem of puberphonia at times and hoarse/hazy voice as I understand from the feedback that I get. What should I do now? I've read online that speech/voice therapy can help me but can someone tell me what would be the duration and approximate cost of treatment? Thanks.
Hi. My self Anil age 25. I regard to ask the question that when I speak my voice will hear like child and in the phone will here like transgender. Because of that I teased by my friends and relatives so any treatment is there to hear my voice as an men.
Sir mai haklake bolta hu ,mere parents bhut pareshan hote hain. Ki humara beta haklake bolta hai. please koi treatment btaye thik krne ka.
Sir my father is 55 yrs old he is paralyses on 07. 04. 2015 at right side due to high bp. He is not speaking clearly & right leg & hand not moving properly. Mri report show chronic bollod clot on brains
My son is 4 years old but he can't talk properly. He speaks only few words. He cannot concentrate. If I want him to repeat words he will not do solos help.
I am 66 years old. Since last 11 years I am suffering depression problem The cause of my depression was my son After his MBBS study he went to USA for further study I can not say that I have tremendous affection for him and at the same time I was also ready to stop his career . At present my depression level is very low I have to take depression medicine every day in night My son and his wife are now well settled On 5th Feb. 2016 I became grand father My grand son name is VIHAN From 4th Feb. To 28 July I was at USA At present I am in India and freckly speaking I am quiet normal I have diverted my life toward spirituality and at present I am follower of Lord Swaminarayan My question is can I free from taking drugs.
I have been doing masturbation from past 6 years. . 2 years before I could speak fluently but now I can't speak without stammering and I can't do any work without staggering so pls give a solution for this problem.
Muje stammering ka problem hai? Main t or p ka pronounce thik se nahi kar pata hu. So,what should I do?
Hello, my voice is very loud and harsh .I want to become a singer but my voice is a issue so plzzz help me that how can I make my voice sweet and soft and achieve my goal. Plzzzzz help me. And please also tell me that the treatment you suggest is how much costly.
I have to give lot of effort while speaking. After sometime I feel tired. My voice is also not clear. High pitched. Facing lot of problem in public communication. How can I cure it?
Child Aphasia is complex disorder that is caused by damage to parts of the brain that controls language and speech. This disorder affects the child's ability to express herself through words and understand the speech of other people. The severity of the problem depends on the extent of the damage as well as the location of the damage. Since this is not a birth disorder, therefore, you should be much more careful as so you notice that your kid is facing language disorder. A speech pathologist can diagnose language disorders and teach your child strategies to help.
What are the leading symptoms of aphasia in kids?
- Not understanding speech is one of the most common symptoms. Most patients cannot understand spoken or written language. Typically in these cases, the patient suffers from fluent Aphasia, which is caused by damage to the left temporal lobe of the brain. The patient's speech might seem meaningless and incoherent with lots of unnecessary words being used. The child usually becomes upset when people don't understand what he is saying.
- Patients suffering from this disorder also have trouble expressing their thoughts and understanding language and they often take more time to communicate. Only short sentences are used by these patients with words often left out, making the sentence sound incomplete. Such children suffer from non-fluent Aphasia where they understand what others are saying, but cannot communicate or speak well themselves. Their speech is almost similar to that of telegraphic languages that are usually followed by those toddlers who are just learning how to speak.
- Some children suffering from Aphasia might have trouble repeating words even though they don't have problem understanding what others are saying. These children suffer from conduction Aphasia and will be able to reproduce only parts of a sentence, if asked to repeat.
- Children affected with this disorder may see to be not listening to you or ignore you.
- Such kids might also have behavioral problems and may not be able to keep up with their friends and classmates. They will also suffer from forgetfulness.
Causes of Aphasia: The leading cause of Aphasia is brain injury, brain infection, brain tumour or abscess or bleeding in the brain.
Diagnosis of the disease: The disorder is diagnosed by a speech therapist who assesses the condition with a variety of tools to figure out the extent of damage. Its best to take your child to a paediatric speech pathologist who is an expert in treating children with brain injuries. The child will then be assessed on auditory comprehension, verbal expression, reading and writing ability and functional communication.
Treatment: There are many people who think that the speech trouble cannot be treated, but they are completely wrong. There are various ways to treat Aphasia. The younger the patient the better the chances of recovery since the brain is not that developed to handle specific functions in kids as in adults. The treatment will depend on the severity of the condition and the goal that is to be achieved. Factors behind this trouble need to be determined first otherwise the perfect treatment cannot be decided. Some of the most prominent factors are aphasia type, brain-injury cause, age, brain-lesion size and positioning and others.
Some of the leading tips that can be applied as per Association of National Stroke are as follows:
- Using props can be helpful in getting across messages.
- Speaking slowly and staying calm while speaking.
- Drawing pictures or words on paper for communication.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.