Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manoharan
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ManoharanYour feedback matters!
Hi. I'm 19 years old. I've acne prone skin. Even have open pores. What should I do to get glowing, clear and flawless skin.? please advice.
Sir, I am suffering from anal fissure for past one month. What is the treatment for this. I am facing enormous pain during defamation. Pl. Advice.
Im 21 year old male. In my face uneven colour tone is there and pigmentation is there and also too oily skin. What are advices for this problems.
I have a dark skin color I want to grow fair skin color what should I do to get a fair skin color. Plzzz helppp mee.
I started feeling breast pain on left side of my body. If I lift my left hand upwards or if I do any work involving my left hand, I will get the pain. Initially I thought if I work more I am getting pain, but later I realized it's not true. I feel the pain even if I don't do more work. Although I feel less pain most of the time, some times I feel the pain is quiet more. I don't feel tired but I feel the pain. Should I go for scanning of my heart? Kindly advise me and please provide me precautions to avoid the pain. Thank you in advance.
Small non enhancing cyst in the left lobe of liver. Tiny calcific foci right lobe of liver. Gall bladder sludge. Prostatomegaly.
Hi I'm 23 years female, I was diagnosed ITP treated with dapsone tablet I got side effects this month 18, got allergy to all over body my face skin totally damage dark spots in forehead, chin, nose ,plz give Me best.
Hi, I applied garlic paste to acne after that the my face burnt due to that. The mark is nt gng what to do. please help me.
I am 21 years old and from a few weeks back I am suffering from chest pain. Don't know the reason why I am getting pain. I Am getting fear that I have breast lumps what to do to confirm this?
Feeling a lump on your breasts can be a terrifying moment. 'Cancer' is the first thing that comes to mind but in reality, most lumps in the breast are not caused by cancer. Apart from cancer, breast lumps can be caused by non-cancerous growths, injuries and infections. The only way to correctly diagnose the cause of a lump in the beasts is through a biopsy.
Hence, this is the first step towards treating a breast lump. From here on, treatment will depend on the cause identified.
- Mastitis or Breast Infection: Mastitis is a painful infection of the breast tissue often faced by women who are breastfeeding. It can be treated with heat treatment and antibiotics. Massaging the breast while taking a warm shower or applying a warm compress. This will open up the milk ducts and should be followed by nursing the baby or using a breast pump to relieve the swelling and pain.
- Abscess: Antibiotics are the first line of treatment against an abscess but this is effective only if given in the initial stage of the infection. In later stages, an abscess will need to be surgically drained.
- Fibroadenomas: This is a non-cancerous tumour often found in young women. It is often difficult to distinguish between a Fibroadenoma and a cancerous tumour and hence these are usually surgically removed.
- Fibrocystic Changes: In some cases, the breast itself is composed of knotted, rope like tissue. This is known as having fibrocystic breasts. If a new lump presents itself on fibrocystic breasts, a mammogram and an ultrasound are performed to evaluate the lump. In most cases fibrocystic changes do not require any medication or surgery.
- Breasts Cysts: Cysts can be defined as fluid filled lumps. In some cases, these cysts become apparent at the time of ovulation and disappear after the period. In other cases, it may need to be drained with a thin needle. Cysts often recur and need to be re-drained.
- Fat Necrosis and Lipoma: Fat necrosis is a lump caused by an injury to the fatty tissue in the breast. Lipoma is a fatty growth within the fatty tissue. In both these cases, no treatment is required but if it causes any problems, it can be removed.
- Breast Cancer: If the biopsy reveals the presence of a cancerous tumour, you must immediately consult an oncologist. Treatment options for breast cancer include chemotherapy, radiation, surgery and hormone treatment. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!