Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manoharan
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ManoharanYour feedback matters!
I have keloid development on my shoulder and lower back which are about a size of a badam seed and increasing slowly in size. How can I get rid of it or prevent it from growing larger?
I am 19 year old and I am a student. I have naturally fair and glowing skin but due to my hectic schedule or do not know by other reason I have lost my glowness in my face and day by day my skin tone is becoming darker and facing problem like darkcircle acne pimple please help me what should I do?
I have a skin problem when I use bath soap then my skin problems are created and it's very bad for my skin. Please reply what can I do?
I have so many scars on my face from acne and I also have dark spot on my face. How can I remove these scars. please help me!
I am 29 years old I have vitiligo last 22 year on mouth corners nd hands nd finger tips nd legs .can give me treatment details.
I've a problem with my skin, whenever I get angry my face instantly becomes red like tomato n its very frustrating please tell what is the problem with me.
Sir I have skin problem full body red bubbles itching all time and this problem last 10 years suffering ple suggest me dr.
Want to go for filler treatment for acne scars as I'm looking for immediate results with minimal downtime. Which is the best option in Bangalore and what's the approximate cost.
Shingles is a type of skin infection that results in rashes on certain parts of the body. It is characterized by a single stripe of blisters that may occur on either side of the body. The varicella-zoster virus that causes chickenpox is also responsible for causing shingles. Once you have had chickenpox, the virus remains in a dormant state in the body. If the virus gets reactivated, it might cause shingles.
The symptoms of shingles are:
- You may experience sensations of numbness and burning on the affected area
- The affected area may be sensitive to touch
- Symptoms of red rashes on the body
- Blisters that are filled with fluid
- Bursting of blisters and crusting
- You may experience fever and headaches
- You may have difficulties in vision
The first symptom of shingles is the pain that results from the rash. In some cases, rashes may occur around the eyes.
Shingles is caused by the virus that is responsible for chickenpox. After lying dormant for certain period of time, the virus may get reactivated and travel through the nerve pathways on the skin. This is more likely to happen if your immunity level is somehow affected, which makes it easier for the body to get infected.
Shingles may result in certain complications in the body such as:
- Vision loss: Shingles, if present around the eyes, may lead to infections in the eye causing vision problems.
- Post herpetic neuralgia: In some cases, the pain that occurs from shingles may continue well after the infection has subsided.
- Neurological complications: Shingles may cause inflammation in various nerves, resulting in neurological disorders such as facial paralysis and balance problems.
- Infections in the skin: Shingles may also cause infections on the skin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!