Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manoharan
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ManoharanYour feedback matters!
I have been facing a hair loss from past 7-8 months and now the receding line is also coming and the density of hair is also less now as compared to before. So please suggest what to do?
I am 26 years old male. I have problem hair losing from last 4 years and also weakness of body from 4 years. What should I do for my hairs and body stutter. Please help if you can help. But I have no much money. So if you can help me then please help me.
Scars are referred to as marks left on the skin or body tissue, caused by an accident or injury. Scars are part of the natural healing process that takes place after an injury. When the white blood cells attack bacteria, they cause physical changes to the underlying skin cells around the area, thereby leading to the formation of a scar.
There are different types of scars, caused due to different factors. Some of the commonly occurring scars are:
1) Atrophic scars - These types of scars are flat against the upper layer of the skin. This type of scarring is caused by hyperpigmentation and is marked by discolored parts and patches of the skin. Initially, they are red, dark and raised. With the help of medicines and passage of time, they gradually fade away.
2) Hypertrophic scars - These types of scars appear to be elevated or raised and are caused as a result of a disparity in the production of collagen (connective tissues). These scars do not extend beyond the outline of the original wound, and can remain for a period 2-5 years. Hypertrophic scars turn flatter and paler with the course of time and with the help of requisite medication.
3) Keloid scars - Keloid scars tend to appear when the skin goes through an aggressive healing process. This causes thick, dark, clustered scars to form, which are often in contrast with the surrounding skin. Secretion of excess collagen on the affected area can also be a cause of keloid scars. Although medications are used, the most effective way to remove keloid scars is through surgery.
4) Scar contractures - This type of scar is caused due to burns. Burns present on the joints and creases stiffen the affected area, causing difficulty in movement and flexibility. Deep contracture scars may in some cases lead to dysfunctions in nervous and muscular activities.
5) Acne scars - Acne and pimples are acute skin problems, and the marks they leave behind are long lasting. Acne scars are caused due to severe acne and show differing patterns when it comes to their shape, type, and depth. In fact, the treatment for acne scars varies depending on these factors.
Related Tip: Homeopathic treatments for clear skin?
Human beings are considered as the most evolved species on this planet. Though it is said that our ancestors were monkeys, very few of the habits are common between the both. In the process of evolution, civilization has always been a priority. One thing which is similar(though reduced a lot) between humans and monkeys is the hair growth over the body.
Excessive, unwanted hairs on the body(especially face) is a usual problem being faced by everyone. In this fast, competitive world, it brings a social barrier to our identity. This can affect one’s future to a varying extent. Nobody likes to compromise with the future.
There are only two ways to get rid of them: Temporary methods like Waxing, Threading, Shaving, Plucking are associated with pain, thick regrowth of hairs, infections (due to poor hygiene) and life long repetition of the procedure. This costs a lot of precious money and time. These procedures are usually undertaken by Beauty Parlors.
Once the client is ready for the procedure, the area is cleaned and marked; the hairs to be treated are shaved. An ice pack can be used for sensitive skin. The probe is placed firmly on the skin and fired. Pricking sensation on the skin may be felt in a few cases. Whole body procedure may take a couple of hours. Routine activities can be resumed once the procedure is finished. The next session may take place after a time period of 1 month to 5 years (depending on the sittings already completed).
This is considered the best treatment modality in the approach towards unwanted hairs. The total number of sessions required are few. The procedure is completely safe, effective and hygienic.
Lybrate | Dr. Ramesh speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY