Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ManoharYour feedback matters!
How can I control hair fall & many hair become white what should I do for growth of black and silky hair? THANK YOU.
How to reduce hair fall either by using oils or shampoos or by consulting hair specialist or just leave it.
Tangled and dry hair cause a lot of anxiety to a number of people, men and women alike. There are however, several kinds of remedies available for rough and dry hair. To this effect, the markets are flooded with cosmetic products that guarantee assuaging hair damage. There are several factors that contribute to the increased roughness of hair. Nutrition deficiencies in diet, exposure to polluted water and dust feature among the most conspicuous reasons. Besides, use of chemicals and heat for styling of hair also substantially damages the quality of hair. Sufficient care is imperative to maintain the richness of hair. While many opt for expert treatments at salons, a few home based solutions always come handy while beating the bad hair day blues.
- Avocado: Avocado is perhaps one of the most trusted fruits when it comes to skin and hair care. Replete with essential vitamins and minerals, avocado work wonders in restoring the luster to your hair. Mashing avocado with an egg and then applying it on wet hair, smoothes dry and damaged hair.
- Butter Massage: Applying butter to rough and damaged hair a while before shampooing can repair the damage caused to the hair by pollution and chemicals and enhance the smoothness and shine.
- Olive Oil: Among the other curative traits of olive oil, one of the most testified qualities is its moisturizing prospects. Rubbing the hair with warm olive oil and leaving it for an hour before rinsing it off, may yield favorable results.
- Tea: As incredulous as it may sound, your good old tea can impart the much needed shine to your rough, dry hair. Using freshly brewed tea as a final rinse after shampoo can enrich the texture and the color of your hair.
- Mixing Egg with your regular shampoo: As a protein rich supplement, egg can provide your hair with the required about of protein and thus, work as a viable remedy for dry hair. Blending your regular shampoo with eggs can result in tangle free, smooth hair.
- Botanical oils: Oiling is one of the most trustworthy methods of hair therapy. Using oils made from olives, jojoba and almonds is crucial for restoring the luster and smoothness of hair.
- Mayonnaise: As appetizing it may be on burgers, Mayonnaise can be used as an important source of proteins for damaged hair. Massaging the hair gently with a dollop of mayonnaise before washing it off with lukewarm water has proven to be a useful therapy for dry hair.
- Banana and Honey Mixture: Being rich in the essential salts, Banana, when mixed with honey and hair oil is extremely beneficial to dry and damaged hair. Regular use can effectively restore the smoothness and shine of the hair.
- Beer: Beer is an excellent for conditioning of hair. It repairs and nourishes the roots of the hai.
Helo as I have already mention in my previous post that I am facing pitta dosha issue very badly. My whole body face red rashes and red pimples with itching I became very frustrated with this issue, please give me any good suggestions.
I am female of age 18 years, on my face there is black dark spots of pimples and blackheads. so what can I do to remove this? Please help me.
My skin is bit oily. I want fairer skin. Please suggest me a good sunscreen which is suitable for my oil skin and which ensures my fairness.
Dandruff is a chronic disorder, which significantly affects the scalp region and is characterized by the appearance of minute white flakes on the scalp. Although dandruff does not cause serious problems, recurrent appearances of dandruff can be embarrassing for the concerned person.
If you spot numerous white flakes repeatedly on the shoulders or on the shoulder region of your shirt and experience severe itching around the scalp, particularly during weather changes, it is likely that you are suffering from dandruff.
Dandruff might develop due to a lack of proper hair care, side-effects of certain shampoos or hair care products, seborrheic dermatitis (characterized by scaly red coloured patches on one’s scalp), dry or oily skin, eczema, excessive stress, hormonal changes, side effects of serious diseases such as HIV or Parkinson’s disease (a disease of the nervous system that impairs human body mobility) and also cold weather conditions.
Prevention and treatment
You can control dandruff by applying any of the following treatments:
- Therapy involving peeling and subsequent strengthening of the scalp might help in the complete elimination of dandruff. The therapy is developed with the help of highly operative anti-fungal ingredients which sanitize the scalp and regulate the growth of the fungi ‘Malassezia’ to a normal level. This helps in the elimination of the intense itchy sensations and the minute white flakes around the region of the scalp. The therapy also aims to provide adequate nourishment to the hair. This therapy helps in the flattening of the dandruff affected hair strands along with the subsequent reinforcement and protection of the hair follicles. If the dandruff is caused due to an oily scalp, this therapy might be useful in the regulation of the unnecessary and excess oil level.
- In order to treat dandruff, a therapy aimed at the purification and balancing of the scalp might be helpful. This treatment incorporates a mixture of natural oils which help in the subsequent nourishment of the scalp; the therapy helps your hair to regain its lost vigor.
Along with the aforementioned therapies, you can also use certain products which might help as well:
1. Anti-dandruff lotions contain a healthy amount of effective ingredients which aim at the removal of the itchy sensation on the scalp along with the subsequent elimination of dandruff.
2. You can also use anti-dandruff shampoos on a regular basis which help to remove dandruff and strengthen the scalp. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.