Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mano BharathiYour feedback matters!
Bad breath is a condition that is also known as Halitosis in medical terms. It is mostly caused by the sulphur producing bacteria that lurk around beneath the surface of the tongue. This is what produces the foul odour. These bacteria grow with the help of protein that gets deposited in your mouth, and may develop even faster when there is poor oral hygiene at play. The causes of this protein deposit may include food debris, bleeding, mucus blood, infection and disease in the gums or oral tissues.
So how can you naturally combat this bad breath problem? Read on!
- Oral Care Products: Your very first step should be to change your oral hygiene products like toothpastes and mouthwashes in order to bring in products that are specifically used for fighting bad breath and the related causes or problems. Brushing and flossing at least twice a day, or even after every meal is an absolute necessity that one must not compromise on.
- Fibre Rich Food: It is important to have plenty of fibre rich food as this helps in preventing bad breath or Halitosis since the fibre content is known to flush toxins out effectively.
- Junk and Processed Food: Food that has too much of sugar or artificial sweeteners and food that is packaged and processed with artificial flavourings and emulsifiers, can be bad for the digestive system in general. This kind of food also tends to create bad breath and should be avoided in case you are already suffering from this condition.
- Medication: It may come as a surprise to you that there are certain medicines like antidepressants and diuretics that can lead to side effects like drying of the mouth, which in turn can cause a problem of bad breath. So, it would be recommended to steer clear of this kind of medication for a while until the bad breath problem abates.
- Tea: Drinking green and black tea can be beneficial for people suffering from this condition as both these types of tea happen to contain substances known as polyphenols that can help in fighting oral bacteria and sulphur compounds. Apart from this, one must also drink plenty of water in order to keep the mouth fresh and to help the digestion work in a better.
- Dentures and Braces: If you happen to be wearing dentures and braces, then you may want to clean these regularly and maintain good oral hygiene so that you do not suffer from bad breath.
Bad breath can be a confidence killer and one should get it checked in case it is a persistent and prolonged problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am facing oral ulcer under my lower lips my Dr. given me becosules and folvite tablet bt 6 days passed ulcer not gone now my tongue is paining with some red spots on tongue on right side. Dr. saying it's normal it will take time heal.
4 month back my wife undergone some surgery and during that time she get HIV tested and it was negative. I have 13 years old son and after deliver she had Sterilization & We do not use any precautions. Now I am suffering from Night sweat from last 2 months. And one month back I also suffer with Ulcer on mouth (Lymphnode) and get treated in 10 days. I heard that these are HIV symptoms but I do not want to get HIV test because I am very afraid. My thinking that if my wife is HIV negative then is it possible that I am infected? Because we are not using precautions from last 12 yrs. Please advice.
Please suggest solution for tooth sensation and methods to control and minimize it. Also suggest methods to bring natural color of the teeth and other precautionary measures. Thank you.
From last few days I noticed some blood spot in my mouth and it smells bed. I dosent feel any pain. What should I do.
Hello doctor, my teeth is very sensitive and please give me its solution. And when I take cold water and extra than my teeth going on in pain. So please give me its reason doctor ji. I am from jind. Teeth are very sensitive.
Wisdom teeth is coming in my lower jaw from 2 days it's very painful. That's why I'm suffering from ear, throat and head ache. I can't eat and talk. My mouth become large what should I do?
Bleeding from gums is very common sign reported by many patients while brushing or flossing. Can u avoid an important sign your body is giving you. what to do now????
Bleeding gums can be caused by improper brushing, food accumulations, lack of vitamin-c, or pregnancy. First thing that you need to do is report to a dentist. They will schedule an appointment for teeth cleaning and may be some gum treatments if required.
Secondly have a rich fibrous intake and have lots of juicy fruits like Amla, Oranges, Pineapple etc.
Thirdly make sure you brush twice and your dentist might add a medicated mouthwash to your daily regime.
So no longer worry but do not ignore such an important sign.