Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manjula GaneshYour feedback matters!
Sir my baby is one month 13 day old, his DOB is 12October 2016. He used to vomit and never allow to burp always curled whenever I want him to burp. Please tell me what is his problem.
Sir/Mam I have 2 month old baby. I what to know about wheezing symptoms for 2 month baby. My baby makes sound from nose while feeding and sleeping. please tell me quickly.
My baby has completed 6 weeks. For her 6 week vaccination. Wht is painful n painless vaccination. Wht is d difference n wht is d cost?
Mera baby 6 and half months ka ho gaya h to please mujhe batayein 6 and half baby ka ideal weight kya hona chahiye. Mera baby 9 kg ka h.
My baby is 6 months old. Hw many times a day shud I give him food? N Wat all cn I give him? M giving him cerelac 1 time n cerelac mixed wid banana 2nd time.
My child 15 year male suffering from adhd disease he has not control his bathroom in bed at sleeping time every time please suggests to solve this problem he has doing bathroom in every 15 to 20 minute.
Is their any possibility for normal delivery if the baby weight is 4.5 kgs. My mother-in-law is saying that her daughter gave birth to 4.5 kgs baby during delivery and it is a normal delivery. Is it possible?
Have you heard of a health condition in which there are insufficient red blood cells in your body for carrying sufficient oxygen to all parts of the body? This condition is called sickle cell anemia and it is an inherited form of anemia. Usually, the red blood cells in your body are round and flexible and move through the blood vessels easily. In case of sickle cell anemia, the red blood cells become sticky and rigid. They are shaped like crescent moon or sickle. Because of the irregular shape, these can get stuck in the blood vessels, which slows down the blood flow.
The only potential cure of sickle cell anemia is a bone marrow transplant. Other treatment measures focus on easing the symptoms and preventing further complications. The various treatment modes are as follows:
- Antibiotics: Children with sickle cell anemia can start taking antibiotic penicillin by the age of two months. This prevents infections like pneumonia. Even in the case of adults with sickle cell anemia, antibiotics help in fighting certain infections.
- Pain-relieving medications: Several over-the-counter pain relief medications may be prescribed by a doctor for reducing pain during a sickle cell crisis. Hydroxyurea is another type of medicine, which helps in reducing the frequency of pain.
- Vaccinations: Childhood vaccinations should be given for preventing the disease in children. These vaccinations are more important for children already affected with sickle cell anemia as they are more prone to infections. Vaccines such as the annual flu shot and the pneumococcal vaccine are important for adults suffering from sickle cell anemia.
- Blood transfusions: In case of a red blood transfusion, red blood cells are removed from a supply of blood that is donated. The donated cells are intravenously given to a sickle cell anemia patient. Blood transfusion increases the number of normal red blood cell count in circulation, giving relief to anemia. Regular blood transfusions are important for children with sickle cell anemia, who are highly prone to stroke.
- Stem cell transplant: A stem cell transplant or a bone marrow transplant involves the replacement of the bone marrow affected by sickle cell anemia with a healthy bone marrow given by a donor. This is a risky procedure and is only recommended for patients with sickle cell anemia at a chronic stage.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of sickle cell anemia. This is a dangerous health condition and requires proper diagnosis and treatment before it gets out of your hands.
My son has problem of cough since last 2 yrs. IgE test showing 1436.10 IU/ml. We are taking homoepathy treatment. When the medicines are given, it subsides for few days and then devlops again. Kindly advise.
Hi there. My baby is just 22 days old. N she hasn't pooped for 2long days and today is the 3rd day. Earlier also we witnessed the same condition n I gave her bonnisan syrup from 2nd day and on 3rd day night she pooped. Again from 4th day she hasn't. As I stopped it as I didn't want it to become a habit for her. What could be the reason? N what should I do now.
Here are some important tips for baby growth from 6-12 months