Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Manju SivarajYour feedback matters!
Diabetics can eat fruits? Some nutrition's suggests for using of fruits in regular basis but doctors are restricting for intake of fruits, please guide me.
If I regularly eat dinner around 7 pm - 7.30 pm everyday and I sleep around 11. 30 pm.so does it going to help me to avoid diabetes.
What causes hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? can iodine help this condition?
Dr sahib my random blood sugar remains 130 my hb1ac was 6.2.Doctor said I might pre diabetic, please suggest whether I should take medicine or not?
My brother's wife is cancer cured - left breast, more than 8 years. She is healthy now, working as well. I would like to know whether her daughter, 26, is taking medication for thyroid, may have this disease on hereditary basis, in future.
I feel drowsy and sleepy all the time. Thyroid is under control. What to do! Having assessment test in 4 days.
Am 52y old Diabetic since 2010, (125FBS 215PP) can I consume Fruits like apple, Orange and papaya in limited quantity?
I am 27 male I am suffering from thyroid disaster identified at 13 years old there is any complete treatment or any side effects due to this due to my laziness I failed to take medicine regularly.
Skin is known as the largest organ in the human body. It covers us from top to toe. A healthy skin can slow down the aging process and prevent skin problems.
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder, chiefly caused by insulin fluctuation in the body. A study shows that, 1 out of 3 people suffering from diabetes are likely to develop a skin condition sooner or later.
Here are skin conditions that affect diabetics:
- Fungal infections: People who have diabetes have an increased risk of contracting the fungal infection, especially the one known as Candida Albicans. The fungus tends to create a red, itchy rash, which is surrounded by blisters and scales. These are usually found in warm places of the body like the armpits, or between the fingers of the hand or perhaps even the toes. Common fungal infections in diabetic people include athlete's foot, jock itch and ringworm.
- Skin problems related to neuropathy: Diabetes can be the cause of nerve damage in some cases; and neuropathy is a common symptom of diabetes. This type of damage can cause a loss of sensation in a part of the body. On event of an injury, one may not be able to feel it. As a result, an open sore or wound, if left unattended, can develop into an infection.
- Bacterial infection: Although anyone can get a bacterial infection, people suffering from diabetes are likelier to contract them. Usual bacterial skin problems that tend to trouble diabetics are boils, lumps near the eyelids, nail infections and carbuncles. Diabetics are also prone to infections deep in the skin and of the underlying tissues. The affected area is usually warm, red and swollen.
- Tingling and itching: Among the many causes of itching, diabetes is one. Yeast infection, dry skin and poor circulation are the primary causes of itching among patients of diabetes. Usually, the lower part of the leg tends to itch the most, if poor circulation is to be blamed.
- Acanthosis nigricans: Acanthosis nigricans is the condition where diabetics get darkening of skin leading to skin tags around neck and armpits.