Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ManimozhianYour feedback matters!
My baby is 9 months old and is 9kgs, have started giving him khichdi, boiled vegetables, idli, mashed chapatis. He passes stool (solid) 2 to 3 times a day especially after eating, does that mean I overfeeding him? how will I know if something is not getting digested for him? please suggest a proper diet for him to put on good weight.
My daughter is 1.4years old, she is having giant nevus CMN on her face, covering right eye forehead and chick. Please suggest action of treatment along with type of surgery if required.
I have a baby of one and half month old. Please suggest whether we should go for painless vaccination or with pain one. Which one is good for child health.
I have a baby girl age is 5months. After drinking milk she always feeling vomiting. When it will lost.
Hello, My baby born 2 months completed. Breast milk production goes on reducing. What I have to eat to increase milk.
My 11 year old daughter's weight is 47 kgs. She often suffers from tonsillitis along with fever. Mostly I try not to give her antibiotics. But when she takes antibiotic like clavalunate 625 mg, she gets frequent vomiting inspite of giving her rancid or aciloc or pantocid. Is this doze ok (prescribed by doctor? Also I want to know whether it's true or not that ciprofloxacin is not safe for kids under 14 years of age.
My 4 years kid is having fever last 4 days. Today we did a blood check up for hims. Results says CRP level is 45. What does it mean? Is there anything wrong If CRP level go high? What are the after effects of this?
My one year old kid is going for motions daily four times like water for three days what should I do.
Actually when I earlier consulted a doctor he said that my son is very weak as according to his friends he doesn't look like a 6th class boy and moreover if he had played only an hour then he would have a lot of pain in his legs and hence he had a much problem of acidity.
Please guide me regarding vaccination for my daughter she is 15 month old every doctor has there own chart I am. Confused which chart to follow. Last vaccination I have done chickenpox, hepatitis A, MMR 1 dose.
Hello mera abhi 4 oct ko baby boy hua h operation SE wo din me 20-25 baar poti karta h mujhe bahot tention ho rhi h please bataiye main kya karu.
What is viral fever?
Viral fever refers to an acute infection caused by the action of viruses. Flu or influenza is the most common form of viral fever. Since viral fever is contagious, when an infected person sneezes or coughs the virus spreads and comes in contact with other people. Children can remain contagious for about 10 days if they get the early symptoms of viral fever. Children who are younger than two years are at an increased risk of developing complications pertaining to viral fever. Controlling the symptoms of cold, fever and cough can cure viral fever.
Symptoms of viral fever
Fever and chills are the early signs of viral fever. Children suffering from viral fever will feel pain throughout their body. Other common signs and symptoms involving viral fever include cough, cold, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, fatigue, vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and stomach ache.
Certain preventive measures against viral fever
- Keeping your child away from anyone who is sick is advisable. To prevent the germs from spreading ask everyone to use tissues while they sneeze or cough. Make sure that your family member maintains good hygiene habits if he/she is suffering from diarrhea or is vomiting.
- To prevent coming in contact with germs wash your and your child's hands properly
- Seasonal changes are the thriving phase for viruses so take precautionary measures during those periods of the year
Tips for quicker recovery of your child
1. Offer enough drinks - A child gets dehydrated through fever, vomiting, and diarrhea. Oral Rehydration Salts can be given to little ones as it contains all the essential nutrients. This can be given to a baby even if he/she is just in breastfeeding stage.
2. Feed them special food - Soft and semi-liquid foods can be given to your child if he/she older than 6 months. Foods like dals, soups, and curd with sugar are advisable for your child. As he/she gradually gets stronger thicker foods like mashed vegetable can be added to his/her diet.
3. Ensure that your child gets adequate rest - Since viral fever is contagious it is advisable to let your child sleep in a separate room. Since the fever causes fatigue adequate rest is required for recovery. This will also prevent him/her from getting the other family members infected.
4. Sponge your child's body - Sponging your child's body with lukewarm water can control high fever.
5. Maintain proper hygiene - It is essential to wash your hands before and after touching your child to prevent the infection from spreading to the other family members.