Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ManimaranYour feedback matters!
I affected from skin problem so now I choose avocado for clear skin . If avocado fruit really useful for skin?
Look for zinc oxide as key ingredient in your regular sunscreen and hydrating facial products are best defenses against sun and other forms of skin aberrations as it may protect the skin from harsh rays also do look up for aloe vera or chamomile for a soothing effect with vitamin c
Hi, My daughter is 8 years old and is suffering from Nf1. She has several cafe au lait spots on her face and body which are increasing day by day. Please suggest the line of treatment. Thanks.
Hi doctor. A week back I made an enquiry on the black spot which appears on the skin of my penis. But at that time I was using Maxman capsule, and when I found those black spots I suddenly stopped and raised up an enquiry here. Now it's being few days I switched away in taking those capsules and I can find that the black spots getting disappeared and now its recovering its old skin look. Same time I can see few red spots at the head of my penis and once the skin gets moved I see those same red spots at the inner portion of the skin. But its not itching me or irritating me in any way at all. So kindly can I know the exact reason behind those red spots.
Is it fine for face skin, if I don? T use any face wash, face cleanser or soap while washing face, only normal water. I am following this from last three years. I have never used anything for my face. Please advise if it is good for healthy face skin. Thanks.
I have dark circles under my eyes. First time noticed them when I was in 5th standard. I have tried almost every thing that I found on the internet. Please suggest me something.
Hi, How to remove pimple/acne marks from forehead in a month ? I have wheatish , normal skin. (Neither oily nor dry)Please tell.
He is suffering from hypotonic bladder and the prostate is 37 from past 1 year he is taking selodol d4 /d8 and urotone for clear passage of urine regularly otherwise urine discharge stops. Also in the sonography report there is retention of130 ml. Doctors are also not confident about operating the prostate and not sure that after operation urine discharge will be proper sir please help.
Skin is known as the largest organ in the human body. It covers us from top to toe. A healthy skin can slow down the aging process and prevent skin problems.
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder, chiefly caused by insulin fluctuation in the body. A study shows that, 1 out of 3 people suffering from diabetes are likely to develop a skin condition sooner or later.
Here are skin conditions that affect diabetics:
- Fungal infections: People who have diabetes have an increased risk of contracting the fungal infection, especially the one known as Candida Albicans. The fungus tends to create a red, itchy rash, which is surrounded by blisters and scales. These are usually found in warm places of the body like the armpits, or between the fingers of the hand or perhaps even the toes. Common fungal infections in diabetic people include athlete's foot, jock itch and ringworm.
- Skin problems related to neuropathy: Diabetes can be the cause of nerve damage in some cases; and neuropathy is a common symptom of diabetes. This type of damage can cause a loss of sensation in a part of the body. On event of an injury, one may not be able to feel it. As a result, an open sore or wound, if left unattended, can develop into an infection.
- Bacterial infection: Although anyone can get a bacterial infection, people suffering from diabetes are likelier to contract them. Usual bacterial skin problems that tend to trouble diabetics are boils, lumps near the eyelids, nail infections and carbuncles. Diabetics are also prone to infections deep in the skin and of the underlying tissues. The affected area is usually warm, red and swollen.
- Tingling and itching: Among the many causes of itching, diabetes is one. Yeast infection, dry skin and poor circulation are the primary causes of itching among patients of diabetes. Usually, the lower part of the leg tends to itch the most, if poor circulation is to be blamed.
- Acanthosis nigricans: Acanthosis nigricans is the condition where diabetics get darkening of skin leading to skin tags around neck and armpits.