Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manikumar
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ManikumarYour feedback matters!
My 11 month baby has something black on his bottom teeth. Is this due to calcium deficiency? Kindly suggest.
My daughter born on 02 august 2016, preterm, 36 week 6 days, 1.92 kg. We are bottle feeding her expressed milk since she would not direct breastfeed. After 15 days, we gave her 1 feed of formula after which she threw up after 2-3 hrs. Since then she vomited 2-3 times continuously. And at 4th feed, she is hungry like anything but refuses to take feed by bottle or spoon. She spits milk from her throat and does not swallow. Before this issue, she used to take expressed milk by bottle by had only hiccups after feeds. Please help.
This is a message or an important information to convey you, though I know that you love your children the most, but there are certain real facts, if you are unaware then, this tip will help you think and judge to save your children from leading a spoiled life. In fact I know that all of you do expect their children to lead a happy, good and a peaceful life, but you miss certain facts because of your busy schedule and commitments.
- Having children brings an increased sense of meaning into family life. Gives parents the reason for living, though there is marital conflict as well.
- Motherhood is by very nature a" giving job" because a mother's love and care is expressed physically (hug, kiss, touch), emotionally (laugh, cry and smile), mentally and spiritually to their children.
- Nurturing of the mother and how much time she gives to her child is very important, because the way the child is cared, loved and trained will make the child the best citizen of the country and to the society as well with all the good qualities.
- It puts too much pressure on your kids. Being a kid is really hard, because a kid is very innocent and helpless, because they cannot do, think or judge what is good and what is bad when they are too young.
- Their family are their blood relatives (parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts and uncles who are blood relatives of their parents are their role models, heroes and heroines in their life, which they tend to dream and react when they observe.
Do you remember parents? the society you lived was safe and not very bad as these days. Your childhood days was much safer than what it is now.
- Do not believe a 3rd person (maid/caretaker) to be the body guard/security to your innocent child to take care or teach them in a positive way.
- Good relationship with each and every kid is very very important so do not leave your kid in the hands of a 3rd person, who will handle them in a very sadist or cruel way physically abuse, or verbally abuse or at least emotionally or mentally.
- Do not run behind money then, you will lose your kid's happiness, peace and good future.
- Maid/caretaker will shatter your dreams and your kid will be a spoiled kid with all the bad qualities and bad habits, which you may or may not be aware of.
- Kids almost of all age groups do need privacy, while passing urine or even when passing faeces. They are more comfortable only with their close relatives to help them clean or handle them in this situation and not a third person, maid, or a caretaker. Though they cannot communicate, their eyes and facial expressions do mean the same.
- When left with a maid/caretaker or a 3rd person, they are forced in a situation to watch videos, pictures or television not suitable to their age so just imagine what will be registered in your kid's mind at a very young age and what will be the impact be in the future
- Maid/caretaker or a 3rd person may be of good nature or may not be. When they are left alone to handle your poor little kids who are helpless enough to say" no daddy or no mummy, I want you to be with me, because I am afraid to stay without you, I do not want this 3rd person. I very badly want you mom and dad please" they do cry and crave for you parents if not communicated, their eyes and facial expressions do mean the same.
- The maid's/a caretaker's or a 3rd person's character or mood or emotions tend to change because of selfishness, lack of humanity or jealousy, because of these nature, the way they handle your little one would-be very bad, which will definitely spoil your child to the maximum extent they can.
I would like to convey through this health feed that.
" please do not run behind money, which will not bring peace or happiness in your life when your kid is spoiled, internally depressed and tortured emotionally without your knowledge when left in the hands of a wrong person.
- My advice would be that any one of the parents should stay along with them or at least their close aunt or grandparents, till the kid is able to communicate well with you about their experiences or emotions to you. If you think your life, world and happiness is your kid then, do not leave them under the care or in the hands of a wrong person.
- Do allow your kids to grow with their loved ones, good environment, and give them the privacy and their rights.
- Their rights and need is they want only your love, care and security.
- Save your kid by sacrificing your wants or desires for them by staying along with them till they are old enough to handle themselves.
- The way they are brought up or grown up will make them a good citizen to the country and a good person to the society with all the good qualities.
- Respect your child's rights and privacy.
Children need a variety of different foods each day.
Snacks are an important part of a healthy diet for active children.
Make snacks nutritious, not just high in energy.
Plan to share meals as a family.
Enjoy talking and sharing the day’s happenings at mealtimes.
Let children tell you when they’re full.
Give your child lunch to take from home.
Let children help with food preparation and meal planning.
Encourage physical activities for the whole family.
Encourage children to drink plain water.
I have given birth to twins 15 days ago. As my feeding is not sufficient for both am confused between opting for cows milk or lactogen 1 powder as doctors give different suggestions. Kindly support your suggestion with reason.
On the occasion of World Asthma Day (3rd May, 2016), I would like to break a few myths related around Asthma which otherwise people generally believe to be true.
Myth #1 - Asthma is a communicable disease
Fact #1 - Asthma is an allergic disease and is neither contagious (infectious) or communicable (passed on from one person to another)
Myth #2 - Inhalers are addictive
Fact #2 - Absolutely wrong! Inhalers are not addictive but it is a good habit to keep control over asthma and use your inhalers as prescribed by your doctor. Also, contrary to popular belief that using inhalers on a regular basis reduces their effectiveness, inhalers continue to be equally effective on a regular basis.
Myth #3 - Inhalers are expensive
Fact #3 - Again, absolutely incorrect! Inhalers are in fact cheaper when compared to other drugs.
Myth #4 - Inhalers are given to patients who face Chronic Asthma
Fact #4 - Wrong! Inhalers should be used from a very early stage itself to prevent progression of the disease.
I hope this tip helped bust atleast a few notions that most people have about Asthma and that you are now better informed about this condition. In case you would like to ask me anything or discuss your or your loved one's case in detail, feel free to 'Consult' privately with me.
I delivered a baby girl on 1st Dec 2016 that time only my periods came just for 5-6 days. After that till now I have not got it. And from 1-2 weeks i'm feeling drowsy and having slight stomach ache. Why so.
I am suffering from jaundice and typhoid what should I do plzz help me I am in big problem doctor plz help me.
Scabies is a type of skin conditions that causes itching and rashes. This dermatological condition is caused by Sarcoptes scabiei, a microscopic mite. It is a contagious condition, which can spread through physical contact. An estimate shows that scabies infects over 300 million people worldwide per year.
This eight-legged microscopic mite creates a tunnel in the human skin and lays eggs in it. These larvae move under the surface of the skin and spread across the whole body, once hatched. Dogs, cats, and mice can also be affected by this disease. It usually takes 2-6 weeks for the symptoms to develop. Signs and symptoms of scabies involve itching, rashes, sores and thick crusts on the surface of the skin.
Some of the risk factors of scabies are:
- Scabies spreads through direct, prolonged skin-to-skin contact with a person who has mites.
- An infected person can easily pass scabies to his/her household or sexual partners. Scabies in adults is usually sexually acquired.
- The likelihood of scabies increases easily under crowded conditions, which involve close body and skin contact. Nursing homes, prisons, and several types of care facilities are sites of scabies outbreaks.
- Immunocompromised, elderly and disabled people also suffer from an increased likelihood of contracting this skin condition.
Complications of scabies include:
- Persistent and vigorous scratching can break the surface of your skin, which can lead to secondary bacterial infections. Impetigo, a superficial infection, is a quite common occurrence in such cases.
- Crusted scabies, the most severe form of scabies, can be common in certain groups. People suffering from diseases such as HIV or leukemia who have weakened immune systems as well as severely ill people have high risks of contracting this condition. This condition, also known as Norwegian scabies, is very contagious and also hard to cure.