Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manikantan
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. ManikantanYour feedback matters!
I can not open my mouth due to tobacco chewing and its all pimples in my mouth I can not eat anything.What should i do?
My daughter is 7 years old. She suffers from mouth ulcers frequently though she is being given balanced diet with plenty of cereals. She is a fussy eater. When the condition become worsened we use to apply a mouth gel, naming zyglote or some thing else similar to this. Becousules syrup was also given to her but all in vain. This is being happen since last 2 years at an interval of 2 months approximately. It disappears automatically in 8-10 days. Food intake becomes a matter of great concern. Please advise.
At the time of splitting something black colour material is coming out with mucus? Why this is happen? And sometime chest is also burning?
Plz help. After sleeping in night saliva come in my mouth and I get to wake up in midnight to spit. And it becomes 5 to 10 times till morning.
Mere muh me or tongue me ulcer rehte hai last two year se Tongue ka biopsee test ho chuka hai report normal hai but problem as it is hai kya karun. Mai shudh sakahari hun koi nasha nahin karta hun chay bhi kabhi kabhi pita hun.
I am 35 years old, male having teeth problems since 5 years which are shaking and loosing my teeth one by one. Please suggest me.
Dear doc my mother's teeth are getting lose and falling. No plaques or cavities. Her age is 50 plus. Due to many other health related issues, her dental appointment is getting delayed. Kindly advise remedies/tips to strengthen gums and prevent tooth fall before meeting dentist. Sugest best tooth paste to strengthen gums. Thank you.
Tooth lost to either decay or gum disease leaves a dent in many areas - facial appearance, chewing, facial structure support, etc. Fixed dentures were a good substitute, however, with one major disadvantage. They required removal of natural tooth structure from adjacent healthy teeth. The next big search was to find ways to avoid this, and the result is the dental implant.
The tooth has a visible part called the crown and an invisible part called the root which is hidden in the jaw bone. While the fixed denture replaces only the crown, the implant replaces both the crown and the root.
How implants are done: Once a tooth is lost and the bone is healed to the desired extent, a biocompatible titanium post that is screwed into the bone. This material has the unique property of osseointegration - it fuses to the bone, which is almost like a natural tooth in its socket. This complete fusion may take about 2 to 6 months depending on overall health. After it gets absorbed well into the bone, a crown that matches the adjacent teeth is fixed on it. Implants can also be used for replacing multiple teeth or for overdentures.
There are certain reasons why implants work so well, listed below are some:
- The material: Titanium is biocompatible and does not cause any adverse reaction in the body. It fuses to the bone completely and is not just put in place to fill the gap. That ensures that the support provided for the new crown or bridge is as good as the original tooth with a root embedded in the jaw bone
- Post-implant care: Required, but not to the extent required by dentures. There is very minimal difference between caring for an implant and caring for an implant
- Function: As the implant is completely fused and embedded in the bone, it functions as good as a natural tooth in terms of chewing efficiency and pressure that can be applied on it. This is not the case with dentures
- Gum health: Bridges have an adverse effect on the gums with a constant mild pressure exerted on them. Implants do not do that and therefore are more friendly on the gums
- Bone health: While bridges affect the alveolar bone health by allowing them to continue to degenerate, implants occupy the space in the bone and do not allow further degeneration. This is probably the most important advantage of implants.
- Aesthetics: Needless to say, the look of a well-done implant far surpasses that of the dentures.
Check with your dentist if you are an ideal candidate for implant, and if yes, it surely is worth the investment.