Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Mani VandanYour feedback matters!
I am 22 year old male and I have thighach from last two days, I am a professional bowler and already been used moov and volini. So what should I do for that?
Hi, I am 20 years old my weight is 39kg. I want to gain weight and and I always feel sick. And my legs start paining because of weakness and I always have cough and cold.
Hii Doctor. For the last 3 days daily m suffering from uneasiness and vomiting at night. Even hvng pain at right end corner of my stomach at intervals. Even hvng severe backpain every time. Even for last one to two months m hvng pain in breast bone or upper left side at intervals.
I am 40 years old. I am suffering from l 4, l5 disc problem and bulging. May I able to continue my sexual life? I have spondylitis problem also.
I am 25 years old female I have a back ache for the last 3 months I have used pain relief ointments and creams but have nt any result of relief what to do.
I have the pain in my right shoulder. It started when I tried to lift the weight with right hand 1 week ago. Pain is fading away but I can't get complete relief from this. It pains when I move the right arm very fast. please help me out.
My left knee due to chip (last year) fracture on my left foot aches I am a yoga freak, can I do the surya namaskar?
Hello sir. I am 36 years male. I got back pain 05 months back. I visited ortho. He ordered mri pelvis and whole spine. Pls find the reports Impression: MRI OF PELVIS. : SMALL HYPOINTENSE FOCI ON T1W, T2W STIR IMAGES ARE NOTED IN THE HEAD OF THE LEFT FEMUR-SUGGESTIVE OF SCLEROTIC FOCUS (BONE ISLAND). : MINIMAL BILATERAL HIP JOINT EFFUSION SEEN. MRI OF WHOLE SPINE REVEALS : SMALL ANTERIOR MARGINAL OSTEOPHYTES AT MULTIPLE LEVELS : C 5/6 INTERVERTEBRAL DISC SHOWS DIFFUSE DISC BULGE INDENTING THE THECAL SAC WITHOUT OBVIOUS NEURAL foramina STENOSIS. Doctor told me no have any problem. He gave some pain killers. After one month again pain started from right quadrant lower abdomen rotating to back and left quadrant lower abdomen. Again I visited ortho. He suspected some thing wrong in my dorsal spine. He ordered dorsal spine mri. I have done dorsal spine. Pls find the report. MRI OF DORSAL SPINE : THICKENING OF LIGAMENTUM FLAVA AT D 10/ 11 LEVEL INDENTING THE THECAL SAC FROM posture LATERAL ASPECT ON BOTH SIDES. Presently my complaints 1. Pain in right quadrant rotating towards lower back to left quadrant lower abdomen. 2.both legs paining. 3. Mild fatigue. . Please advise what I need to do.
My aunt is suffering from arthritis from 4 years, we have seen her many doctors but still there is not much improvement, can it be cured and how.
She is suffering from severe knee pain. Also a diabetic and having ulcer in stomach. The x-ray report of standing knee is written below :- Gross degenerative changes with diminished Medial intercondylar joint space on left side And grossly diminished lateral intercondylar joint space on right side, subluxation deformity of both knee joints slightly more on left side, marginal osteophytes and swelling. Please suggest what to do.
I am 27 years old I had arthritis problem now i'm cured will it come back in future or does it cause pregnancy? Please reply.
Ever faced a nagging low back ache that just won't quit? You could be dealing with sciatica. Sciatica or sciatic nerve pain is not a diagnosis in itself, but is a symptom of a deeper problem. Conditions that trigger sciatica include degenerative discs, spinal stenosis, a herniated disc in the lumbar region or spondylolisthesis. Whether your sciatica pain is persistent or sporadic, it can make routine tasks difficult to perform. The good news is that there are a number of remedies to ease this pain and improve the health of your spine.
- Hot and cold therapy: Sciatic pain that extends down to the thighs can be relieved by alternating between a heat pack and an ice pack. Each pack can be applied for about 20 minutes at a stretch every two hours. However, this does not treat the sciatic nerve itself.
- Pain medications and steroid injections: Over the counter pain medication like ibuprofen or muscle relaxants can help alleviate pain and reduce inflammation. In chronic cases, epidural steroid injections may also be prescribed to address the inflammation and pain. Pain relief provided by medication and steroid injections can last for a few days or a few months depending on the person.
- Yoga: Sciatica patients looking for long term relief often turn towards alternative forms of treatment like yoga. Yoga helps strengthen muscles, increases flexibility and improves posture. This is more beneficial towards preventing sciatica problems from arising than treating ongoing sciatic pain. When practicing yoga with a sciatica problem, it is very important to understand your body's limitations and not over extend your back muscles.
- Massage: A massage that treats sciatic pain is very different from the usual massage you may get at a spa. A massage to relieve sciatic pain involves putting pressure on the inflamed part of the back and the piriformis muscle. This is the muscle that sits over the sciatic nerve and triggers sciatic pain. In most cases, 3 to 4 massage sessions at intervals of 7 to 10 days can have effective results on sciatic pain.
- Physical therapy: Sciatica patients often find the slightest movement extremely painful. While lying in a bad is tempting, it can actually worsen the pain. Exercise increases blood flow to the spine and helps flush out toxins. Going for a walk, light aerobics or swimming are ideal ways for a sciatica patient to exercise.
- Chiropractic manipulation: This involves realigning the spinal column and is an effective way of treating underlying conditions that trigger sciatic pain. These spinal adjustments should only be performed by licensed chiropractors or osteopathic physicians. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.