Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Mani ShantriYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old, yesterday I sliped from the stairs and I got sevior pain at backside. Is this pain will raise any problems in future?
My sister has gained weight and now she is facing back pain since last 3 days now I want to know is the back pain because of increase in weight or its just natural ?
I am shreya shetty afe 16 female, I have been having neck pain for like 2 days I tried some sprays still not working. What should I do?
My mother age around 57 years facing lower abdomen & leg pain for long time so please advice how she can feel well or the way to be cure. She has faced higher suger lavel sometime and no other abnormality found till now.
Feel my legs & hands are weak from above knee joint to foot fingers) and painful. Please advise me for cure.
I am 77 years old lady. I regularly walked at least 4 km daily. But now am having pain in left knee and left foot in the sole. For the last 6 days.
Hi, good morning. I am noor alam my age is 23 I got varicocele surgery 11 days before I am facing pain in my testicles. It seems my testicles are too burning. And I feel pain always after surgery sometime it becomes too much. I want to know that is this happen in varicocele operation procedure or can some problems.
He is now 73 years old. He is having back pain all the time, is there any way to alter that problem.
I have back pain for last 1 year doctor so what we do please help me but they pain some times only come.
Body is paining a lot, Back pain and thighs pain. I do gym but because of work pressure I did not since 8 days. Energy is too low.
I have problem of leg pain and I consulted so many times but it's not working so I want you to suggest what should I done.
I have joint pain in hand and legs' finger since last 4 months because of 45 days of visit at gurgaon, haryana. I had take lots of medicine but till now I do not get relief. Please suggest me some curable advise. Thank you.
Hi sir, i am suffering from cervical pain from last 2 years, now there is a lots pain in my whole body, arm, back, leg, please tell me, what should I do?
Hello sir, I suddenly have got pain in both my ankles and experience a bit of stiffness when I rotate my foot. What should i do?
Why should there is an pain occurs in an back side of our body when we sitting from hours of working at an place such as colleges and industry.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a painful one that is born from a strain on the median nerve, which loops through the wrist bone to connect it with the rest of the hand and fingers so as to promote motion. This condition can be a painful and debilitating one that usually starts at night, and affects the various fingers, especially the thumb and index finger. The symptoms include numbness, a tingling sensation, a weak grip, and the inability to do many tasks that involve the thumb and index finger. There are many ways of treating this condition with the help of physiotherapy, steroids and corticosteroids. There are easier ways of dealing with this issue on an everyday basis, as follows.
- Wrist Splint: It is a good idea to wear a wrist splint at night which will keep the bones and muscles stationary as the pain in this condition usually starts at night. This will also prevent further damage to the median nerve.
- Activity: Keep your activity to a minimum to give your hand and rest, in particular, some much needed rest from the pain, numbness and tingling. Further, you need to avoid activities that cause too much pain and numbness. Also, take care to keep your thumb and wrist straight during other activities so that there is less strain on the median nerve.
- Strength and Flexibility: Many times, the pain from the wrist and fingers can spread towards the arm as well. In order to prevent this and to treat the pain on a more long term basis, it is important to turn to some mild exercise which can make the area more flexible and strong. This can include wrist twists which can be done ten times for each hand. One can also try Yoga to strengthen the joints in the upper body.
- Ice Pack: Use an ice pack or ice compress on your wrist for ten to fifteen minutes each every few hours to help in relieving unbearable pain.
- Anti-Inflammatory Medication: Patients suffering from this condition can also turn to non steroid medication that will help in bringing down the inflammation. This inflammation is usually responsible to a great extent for symptoms like numbness and pain which can halt various activities. These drugs may include aspirin, ibuprofen, and even naproxen sodium.
- Taking Breaks: One must take regular breaks at work and flex the fingers and the wrist so that the painful bending posture does not make matters worse.
Ensuring that you manage your everyday functioning despite Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a matter of balancing your activities with rest.