Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mani ShanthiYour feedback matters!
Drink plenty of water, ors, coconut water or similar other health drink to combat this scorching heat. Babies less than six month should be on mothers milk only.
I am suffering from hypo thyroid, pimples on face, dandruff, irregular periods I have taken krimson 35 for 9 months, after stopping the tablet I am suffering from the same. I am taking thyroxine 100 mg daily please help me I want to get period regularly please.
I am a 37 year old female with two kids aged 5 and 3. I want suggestions about best contraceptive options that I can use. I have a history of mild PCOD and a tendency to put on weight with oral contraceptive pills (i used OCPs for almost 7 years in past). I have heard that modern day pills do not cause weight gain, if that is true please suggest some OCP.
I have a small lump or could be pimple in the lips of my vagina it is painless it occurred a week back? Please tell me what treatment I should take.
I am 23 female. Done my thyroid test T3 1.33 T4 6.30 TSH 16.33.and even they mentioned some pregnancy trimester 1 2 and 3. What is that. Am not getting periods from 4 months.
Hello gynagogist mam, My preg confirmed on sep 11th 2015 (6weeks) with heart beat 117 n fetal pole imaged Oct 16th 2015 (11weeks) Dec 18 2015 (20 weeks) Mar 7 (33 weeks) April. 9, th (36 to 37 weeks) duration I delivered a baby. Please let me answer for my question On sep 4 th 2015 that is prior 7 days of my 6 weeks report one guy missed me for sex. But on the full month of august I. Was with my husband. I wants to know either my baby have my husbands dna or new guy who used me once on sep 4th his dna? So that I can tell the truth to my husband. I'm in full of confusion who will be the father can you clarify me? Because of this confusion full of stress.
My wife and me had unprotected sex on the very next day her menses ended. We are worried about pregnancy? Is that safe time or she can get pregnant?
Hii.Im 18 i am suffering from over bleading. My weight is 49. suffer every month with this problem it takes 35-40 days to stop bleeding. Please suggets me why this happens and what precautions should i take to over come this problem ?
Dear doctor. I am 23 years old. During my periods there is some whitish discharge going sometime. Is it the normal that white discharge goes during periods .or it is my blood only which is in whitish colour. Or something serious. I have regular periods but I get bleeding for only 3 days. Also I guess I have less blood in my body. Please help.
Tuberculosis is a lung related disease that is caused by bacteria known as Mycobacterium Tuberculosis. Tuberculosis spreads through the air and is a highly contagious disease that can be transmitted through coughing, sneezing and spitting. The symptoms of this condition include coughing, blood discharge while coughing, fever, extreme weight loss, and chills. Against general myths, this disease can be treated and is curable too. Effective, timely diagnosis and treatment with the correct methods and medication are required. Let us find out the various means for effective treatment of tuberculosis.
Diagnosis: Let us first look at the diagnosis method that will help in detecting the presence of the bacteria in the body. The doctor will take a blood sample and conduct a series of lab tests in order to diagnose the condition. Also, the doctor will check the medical history of the patient so as to understand what kind of complications the person may be prone to. For this, the doctor will also find out if the patient is suffering from diseases like diabetes, malnutrition and other conditions arising out of tobacco abuse. Diagnosis of Pulmonary TB is by sputum for AFB examination and some blood test may also be required.
Medication: Usually, the best way to treat this condition is with the help of a six month long course of antibiotics that may also last 12 months, depending on the prognosis. The patient will be put in quarantine as well, so that he or she does not end up spreading this disease to anyone else. A voluntary medical practitioner or trained health worker will help in care giving and medicine administration under the instructions of the doctor. The medication will usually consist of four antimicrobial drugs or antibiotics, which will stop the release of nutrition and oxygen to the bacteria so that it cannot develop and grow. This will also ensure that the bacteria gets killed eventually.
Control of Infection: The spread of the infection is such that a single sneeze or cough can infect up to ten to fifteen people who are near the patient without proper masks and other gear to prevent the transmission. Therefore, it is the job of the hospital to ensure that proper infection control takes place by using ultraviolet light to sterilise the air around the area where the TB patients have been admitted.
One thing that the patient must remember about the treatment is that immediate and timely treatment with medication must be taken so that the patient is able to get cured. If the patient skips medicines or does not get treated on time, then the infection will come back again and again. And after a point, the patient's body and the bacteria will not be able to react to the medicines.
Mam, I have physical relegation with my boyfriend one day we did sex without condom but my boyfriend had not released sperm inside and I took an I pill .the period was coming regularly but I have some fear so tell me what I do? I can't feel to eat sour taste and I have no vomiting so tell me suggestion.
I am 29 year old female in my ninth month of pregnancy. I am suffering from gas and due that I have a severe body ache. I have pain my jaws, face and entire body. I am not able to sleep because of this pain. What medication should I take or what are the remedies. Request help.
Cinnamon is usually seen as a condiment added to almost any kind of dish to make it flavourful. But no dish in this world has ingredients which do not benefit the eater nutritionally. Cinnamon has been used for a long time in Ayurvedic medicines. It is a natural ingredient which keeps people healthy and nourished.
There are several benefits of consuming cinnamon some of them are explained below.
- Antioxidants: Polyphenol is one such antioxidant that is present in cinnamon. In fact, a study has shown that out of twenty-six natural ingredients which contain this property, cinnamon has emerged as a clear winner, even leaving behind garlic. It is also the antioxidant-rich property of cinnamon which makes it a well-known preservative. Thus apart from adding flavour, and having anti oxidant properties, cinnamon also preserves the food for a longer time.
- Anti-inflammatory: This is one of the most important properties of cinnamon. This helps in fighting diseases and keeps infections and diseases causing germs at bay.
- Helps in controlling heart diseases: Diabetes is one of the main causes of heart disease. However, it can be kept in control by controlling cholesterol levels and triglyceride levels. This can be effectively done by cinnamon. Thus by controlling diabetes and increasing good cholesterol in the body, cinnamon actually reduces the risk of getting heart diseases.
- Reduces insulin resistance: Insulin is an important element in the body. It controls hormonal and even blood sugar levels in the body. However, there are many people who have resistance to insulin. This actually is a serious issue which can give rise to diabetes and various other problems. However, a minimal intake of cinnamon everyday reduces the risk of being insulin resistant and helps the body to accept insulin more readily.
- Lowers blood sugar level: After mentioning how cinnamon makes insulin more acceptable in the body, it is important to highlight the other factors which are controlled by this ingredient which helps in maintaining a balanced sugar level in the body. First, it regulates the glucose entering the body. Second, cinnamon is made of a particular type of compound which can act as a substitute for insulin.
- Cancer: Till date, even after heavy research and tests, cancer has no definite cure. But theory has it that there are many natural preventive measures which can be taken against this deadly disease- consumption of cinnamon being one of them.
Thus, these are some of the main advantages of consuming Cinnamon. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.