Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mani Megalai
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mani MegalaiYour feedback matters!
I have irregular menses periods what can I do for that I am very tired because of it I have always spotting.
Menopause is characterized as the absence of menstrual periods for 12 months. It is the time in a woman’s life when the ovaries stop functioning. The periods then stop forever. The normal period of menopause is 51 years of age, however, menopause may happen as ahead of schedule i.e. as early as 30s or as late as the 60s. There is no solid lab test to determine when a lady will encounter menopause. Here are a few ways in which menopause affects a woman’s body:
- Skin: Consequences of menopause include dryness, loss of flexibility, thinning of the skin and expanded wrinkling. These symptoms result in poor recovery from injuries, hair loss and pigmentary changes. Unwanted hair growth and acne may likewise happen. Wrinkling is caused by excessive smoking and sun exposure. One should stay away from smoking and sun exposure.
- Hair: Hormonal changes incorporate hirsutism (undesirable facial hair) or alopecia. Most ordinarily noted is the loss of scalp hair. Lower leg, pubic and axillary hair loss may also take place. Hirsutism is commonly noted on the face. Oral Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) may control facial hair in a few ladies. Medicines for expanded facial hair incorporate suing depilatory creams, delicate techniques for hair removal, laser treatment andante-testosterone medicines. Scalp alopecia might be treated with minoxidil.
- Teeth: Menopause has been a cause for various dental/oral issues, including dry mouth and desquamative gingivitis. IHRT might be of advantage as a consequence of the part it plays in influencing oral bone and preventing the loss of teeth. The impacts of HRT seem to incorporate a reduction in bleeding and enhancing the flow of saliva.
- Vulva and vagina: The genital tract is exceptionally dependent on estrogen and body changes during the menopausal time and post-menopause may incorporate vaginal and vulvar dryness. Vulval dryness may worsen other vulval skin conditions (e.g. dermatitis) bringing about aggravation. Staying away from cleansers and body washes on the vulva can dial down the aggravation and dryness. Contrasting options to cleanser incorporate sorbolene with glycerine or low-aggravation purifying balms and lotions.
- Bladder: Urinary frequency and cystitis are very common around the time of menopause. Local estrogen creams may enhance incontinence in the short term, however, don't seem to do as such after treatment is stopped. Treatment for incontinence includes physiotherapy and even surgery.
- Joints and muscles: Joint and muscle pain are regular symptoms during menopause. Exercise is vital to get rid of these side effects. Joint and muscle pain may improve with the utilization of HRT.
- Weight changes: Between ages 45 and 55, ladies will gain a large portion of a kilo a year. This weight gain cannot be blamed on menopause entirely. The changes in hormonal status are connected with expanded body and stomach fat. This weight addition is connected with increased cardiovascular and metabolic hazard and changes in quality of life and sexual functioning.
- Lifestyle measures: Your diet and eating routine need to be established to keep up a solid body weight and to have a healthy lifestyle.
I have sex with my gf on 6 bt her periods date is 28 nd today 3 abhi tk uska periods ni ayee I also check pregnancy test yesterday its negative.in jan feb she take I pill so wht cn I doo now.
I am 23 years female. I have not much interested on sex .I like romance but I hear something about sex means its disgusting me. I didn't like sex. Really I don't I know whether my husband live with me or not in future. I don't know I have a problem or not. But I eat badam pista well. I am loving one guy. But I am not interested in sex. Romance ok but sex oh my god. Why all r interest on that.
The thought of starting a new relationship after a breakup can be scary. Even an amicable split can leave you feeling insecure, depressed or wary of getting close to someone else. By focusing on your needs and approaching a potential relationship with the right frame of mind, you will be more likely to start a new relationship that will last.
It's important to strike a balance between diving right back into the dating scene and giving yourself sufficient time to recover from your breakup. To get the best out of a new relationship, you need to learn to value your relationship with yourself first. Go with what feels right for you, advises psychotherapist barton goldsmith in his article" 10 things to remember after a breakup" for" psychology today" but aim for somewhere in the middle of two extremes. Make sure you're not still too hung up on your ex before you get into another relationship, but don't wait so long that you become scared of putting yourself out there.
Even if your previous relationship ended badly, it can still be a really valuable lesson. Thinking about why things didn't work out with your ex can help you determine what you want from your next relationship and what aspects of yourself you may need to work on. If your last relationship ended because of a lack of trust, consider how you could have dealt with the problem in a more productive way. It's not about beating yourself up over what went wrong. Instead, use the experience to grow as an individual and put yourself in a healthier, happier place to begin a new relationship.
Being open to new ways of meeting people will increase your chances of finding your someone special. Online dating can be a great way of getting back into the dating scene if you want to take it slowly. Check out different dating websites and look for free trial periods to let you get to know the site and browse members' profiles before you commit to paying for a subscription. Try to be upbeat. Resist the temptation to mope around at home if you're feeling down about being single. Get yourself out there: meet friends for a drink or accept an invitation to a dinner party. You never know where or when you will meet a potential partner, so embrace all opportunities to widen your social circle
Before you commit to a new relationship, make sure you are with that person for the right reasons. Work out what your instincts are telling you. Asking yourself some difficult questions at this stage will help you make the right decision and give a potential relationship a great chance of success. If you have gone for someone because he seems to be the exact opposite of your ex or turned a blind eye to early warning signs that he may not be right for you, this is the time to take a step back and re-evaluate the situation. It's better to be on your own than with the wrong person. When the right one comes along, you'll know.