Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
My wife, aged 55 years has pain in the legs. She is taking calicium tablets. Please let us know the reasons and the remedy.
My left Big toe has been suffering from a severe pain with swelling, filling hotness, slightly redish about the area of swelling, since last night and could not give any pressure even to walk. What could be the possible reason as it is for the first time?
I get shoulder pain when I try to throw something, like a cricket ball. It's been there for past 2 months and it isn't subsiding much. What should I do, should I wait for some more time or get it checked?
I am 30 years old, suffering from backache one year - consulted doctor and using medicines by using this medicines my total body is getting swelling, what should I do?
I have back pain since from one month. I think it is because of ejection. I got ejected ever day at least 3 times. So what should I do for that problem.
I am having knee knock, buy I m sad because of it, my wish is to join the defence so please doctor please give me a solution
I have lower back pain only when I stand for more than 20 to 30 minutes, and my legs are getting numbness. How to get relief from this problem.
Am sufferings from diabetes from last three year, that way joint pain produced in my knees, regularly pain in back and neck also,
Hi. My mother 56 had severe leg pain n cramps at midnight 3 am. It was unbearable n she almost fainted. Gave her paracetamol based on previous experience my brother had when his doctor gave him pa saying it's weakness. After taking it she felt fine. Kindly let me know what is the cause. N is it serious? I am taking her to doctor tomorrow morning. Her sugar level was 110 at the time. She had a long day at her office for past few days. Her hba1c is 8.5. Fasting sugar 70-90. Pbs 160-220. She has cramps quite often. But this was severe. She also has feet pain for the past year or so.
A Herniated disc also known as a slip disc or prolapsed disc and it refers to the problem where one of the discs located in between the bones of the vertebrae(backbone) gets damaged and stacks itself upon the nerves. The tender inner portion of the disc gets protruded over the outer ring. Herniated disc causes severe neck pain and back pain. It occurs when the outer ring gets weak and tears down. The most common symptoms include pain and numbness, especially on one side of the body. The pain extends down to the arms and legs. It worsens during nighttime. The muscles become weak. Overweight people are likely to have this disease, as the discs carry extra weight. Old people are vulnerable to a slip disc.
Effects of Herniated Disc:
- An untreated case of Herniated disc may cause permanent damage to the nerves.
- In certain cases, a Herniated disc is capable of cutting off nerve impulses to the "caudal equine"nerves, present in the lower back and legs. This leads to loss of bladder control or bowel control.
- Saddle anaesthesia is another long-term effect. Nerves are compressed by the slip disc, causing loss of sensation in the inner portions of your thighs, the back of your legs and surrounding the rectum region.
- Symptoms may improve or worsen.
Diagnosis of Herniated Disc:
Treatment or diagnosis of Herniated disc or slipped disc can be either conservative or surgical in nature. The nature of treatment is determined according to your discomfort level and the kind of pain you are experiencing, or how much the disc has slipped out.
- The pain caused by Herniated disc can be relieved by undertaking an exercise schedule, which includes stretching and strengthening the spine and its surrounding muscles.
- A physiotherapist should be appointed for recommending the types of exercises.
- Taking pain relievers also soothes the pain.
- Stronger medicines prescribed by doctors include-muscle relaxants, narcotics to deal with the pain, medicines for nerve pain such as "gabapentin" or "duloxetine".
- In case of the symptoms not subsiding within a span of six weeks, a surgery may be recommended by your doctor. The surgeon may have to remove the damaged part of the disc. This surgery is called a microdiscectomy.