Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Malar Selvi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Malar SelviYour feedback matters!
Hello I have done intercourse 2 time last night in one hour and now in morning pain in my penis and blood come with urine ? What I do ? Why blood come in urine ? Is it serious problem ?
In year 2015, I missed my periods for 5 consecutive months. I consulted a gynaecologist. She recommended a lower abdomen ultrasound. Some cysts were present on the right ovary. I was put on medicine trapic for a few days to get menstruating which I did for a good 15 days after which I have to take primoulnet to stop them. Then I was put on medical for 3 months and then another ultrasound was done. I was diagnosed with PCOD. By then I had started gaining and lose weight. Periods got normal for 2-3 months. Then problem started again. The entire process as repeated. Till Dec 2016 several times ultrasounds were one. Then finally a MRI scan was done coupled by blood test AFP, BETA HCG, ca 125. Blood test results were negative. After seeing my MRI report doctor concluded that I might have tuberculosis of lymph nodes and has prescribed a chest X-ray and a skin test. I have lost a total of 32 kgs till now. I do not take any hormones. What should I do now. please help. I again missed my periods.
I am having vagina infection since 4-5 days I used metrogyl gel and propyzole but still no improvement. My age is 24 and I am unmarried. Please suggest me something as soon as possible.
Hello doctor my age is 28 year's and I have 3 daughters and because of pregnancy I am bulgy because of my body fats after post delivery whatever I do exercise or diet or whatever it never ever effects my health I am still the same fatty what to do please guide me.
Hello Dr, I had a little high level of prolactin level 45 and I took medicine and now its 0.67 and its normal And all my other reports are normal now Doctor prescribed me estrofem 2 mg everyday for 28 days, Please let me know will it help in getting pregnant or should I stop the medicine? I am Totally confused Thank you.
Ayurveda encompasses all aspects of your life, including what you eat and drink and how you exercise. Following an ayurvedic lifestyle can help prevent problems from occurring and improve your quality of life. Indigestion is a common complaint faced by a majority of the population at some point of time or the other. Here are a few ayurvedic tips on how to prevent indigestion.
- Eat mindfully: Never eat in a hurry or on the go. Chew your food properly and eat slowly. Along with the taste, also appreciate the textures, smell etc. of your food. This keeps your body satiated for longer and helps avoid snacking. Pay attention to your digestive system while eating by unplugging from other activities and medium like television, telephones etc.
- Eat freshly cooked food: As food gets stale, it loses its nutrient value. Hence always, cook and eat fresh food. Avoid microwaved meals. Eating raw food in the form of salads etc is ideal as these uncooked food have the highest level of nutrients and are rich in fiber, making them easy to digest.
- Sip warm water: Water not only keeps the body hydrated, but also aids digestion. Try sipping warm water throughout the day to keep your digestive system lubricated and to make it easy for food to pass through. Avoid drinking cold water as this takes longer to digest. This is because the body must first heat the water to bring it up to body temperature before it can digest it.
- Take a walk after a meal: Going for a light walk after a meal can help kickstart the digestive process. This increases blood flow and circulation in the digestive system. However, avoid strenuous exercising like swimming or running immediately after a meal.
- Make lunch your heaviest meal: The body's digestive system works at its optimal levels in the middle of the day. According to a number of studies, the highest amounts of digestive juices are released around noon. Hence, this is the best time to eat a heavy meal as it will be digested faster and metabolized into energy to keep you going throughout the day instead of being stored as fat.
- Ginger tea: Sipping on ginger tea after a heavy meal can help avoid bloating. It can also boost the digestive enzymes and speed up the digestion process. You may also sip ginger tea between meals.
- Exercise regularly: Lastly, exercise regularly. If you can't find half an hour to exercise at once, try interval training between activities. Taking the stairs instead of the elevator is an easy way to include exercise in your daily routine.