Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mala.RYour feedback matters!
Monsoons or rainy seasons is though a favourite amongst all, but it also causes a number of health problems. So, here are some specific guidelines regarding what to eat and what not to eat during rains.
Nutritional tips in monsoon:
- Eat fruits as they help you restore energy. Apples, mangoes, pomegranates, and pears are best suggestible.
- Avoid watermelon and muskmelons and also goosing on too many mangoes may cause pimples.
- Have medium to low salt food and avoid heavy salty food as they are responsible for high blood pressure and water retention.
- Eating watery foods like lassi, watermelon, rice, muskmelon creates swelling in the body. So, better opt for foods which are drying in nature like corn, gram flour, chick pea etc.
- Foods such as brown rice, oats, and barley are the best foods one could have in this monsoon.
- Body's immunity can be increased by adding a dash of garlic to the soups, sir fries and curries you intake. Opt for yogurt, curd and almonds in your diet instead of milk.
- Drink only boiled and purified water to protect yourself from harmful germs and drinking plenty of water keeps your body hydrated.
- Vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes, cluster beans, ladies finger, kidney beans, pigeon pea, and sprouted grains must be avoided.
- Eat steamed salads instead of raw vegetables as they contain active bacteria and virus that cause bacterial and viral infections.
- Have fresh radish juice to fight cold and cough. To reduce mucous formations add pipli and rock salt to warm water. This reduces the natural monsoon ailments. Better eat seasonal fruits as non- seasonal fruits get infested with worms during the monsoons. Pomegranates, lychees, apples, bananas are among the recommended.
- Avoid eating fried items, pre-cut fruits and juices from road side vendors and stick to high quality and hygiene.
- Always wash vegetables well and keep them clean especially if they are taken raw.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
My wife period date is 6th of every month. I had sex with my wife on 18th june 17 to 20 june 17. The she had period on 1st july 17. Then I had sex on 22nd july 17 and 23rd july 17. Now we did pregnancy test today 9th july 17. It is positive. 1. How many days of pregnant now? 2. How can it is possible eveb I had sex after 22 days of period? 3. Is there any problem if we do abortion?
Irregular periods and always some small amount of liquid come out from her important parts, right now she had tablet for infection on her important part as per doctor advice, I ask one question she feel very tired now, whether it is related to that, and I need clear information on infection on her important parts, I need reason for that, and treatment.
My friend use viagra for sex with his wife. He has erection problem. Will taking viagra be helpful to make her pregnancy.
Is there any possibility for girl to get pregnant doing anal sex without condom. Also can it cause aids?
He had unprotected sex with his girlfriend during her periods. Is this safe if not what he should do to prevent STD or HIV.
I have a problem of dark hot flashes of menstrual prior to the actual menstrual period date. For instance, if I get periods on 10th of this month, I get that flash traces a week before. Is it normal or due to some deficiency? Please suggest.
I didn't have sex, but did other sexual stuff, on the fifth day of my period and then I took an ipill within a few hours. After 5-6 days, I bled for 3 days. My due period is late by 10 days now, and I'm having nausea. Can I be pregnant?
I am 5th month pregnant. I am gaining weight fast, at the time of conceive my weight is 72 kg now 79. 6 kg.nd daily I do walking. please suggest me the food nd proper exercises.
The uterus, or womb, is a muscular structure and is held in place by ligaments and pelvic muscles. If these muscles or tendons become weak, they cause prolapse and are no longer able to hold the uterus in its place.
Uterine prolapse happens when the uterus falls or slips from its ordinary position and into the vagina, or birth waterway. It could be complete prolapse or even incomplete at times. A fragmented prolapse happens when the uterus is just hanging into the vagina. A complete prolapse depicts a circumstance in which the uterus falls so far down that some tissue rests outside of the vagina. Likewise, as a lady ages and with a loss of the hormone estrogen, her uterus can drop into the vaginal canal. This condition is known as a prolapsed uterus.
Risks: The risks of this condition are many and have been enumerated as follows:
- Complicated delivery during pregnancy
- Weak pelvic muscle
- Loss of estrogen during menopause causes atrophy of uterus
- Excessive straining on the abdomen and pelvic area ex. Chronic cough, chronic constipation, etc.
- Being overweight
- Obesity causing extra strain on the muscles
- Pelvic surgeries in the pelvic zone
Symptoms: Some of the most common symptoms of prolapse involve:
- Feeling of sitting on a ball
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Increase in discharge
- Problems while performing sexual intercourse
- Seeing the uterus coming out of the vagina
- A pulling or full feeling in the pelvis
- Bladder infections
Nonsurgical medications include:
- Losing weight and getting in shape to take stress off of pelvic structures
- Maintaining a distance from truly difficult work
- Doing Kegel workouts, which are pelvic floor practices that strengthen the vaginal muscles. This can be done at any time, even while sitting down at a desk.
- Taking estrogen treatment especially during menopause
- Wearing a pessary, which is a gadget embedded into the vagina that fits under the cervix and pushes up to settle the uterus and cervix
- Indulging in normal physical activity
Some specialists use the following methods to diagnose the problem:
- The specialist will examine you in standing position keeping in mind you are resting and request that you to cough or strain to build the weight in your abdomen.
- Particular conditions, for example, ureteral block because of complete prolapse, may require an intravenous pyelogram (IVP) or renal sonography. Color is infused into your vein, and an dye is used to view the flow of color through your urinary bladder.
- An ultrasound might be utilised to rule out any other existing pelvic issues. In this test, a wand is used on your stomach area or embedded into your vagina to create images of the internal organ with sound waves. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Me and my girlfriend had sex and used pull-out method. But while ejecting some fell near her vagina. So she took Ipill within 72 hrs. Her first period came in 7 days which was very light and second period was delayed for 6 days. Now she's is in exact middle of the cycle and she's having pain the middle of lower abdomen. What will the reason for this? Is there a possibility that she is pregnant?
Kindly let me know the status of 5th week 5th day of pregnancy. My wife done with ultrasound scanning, sac is there in uterus, but yolk/thicker layer of development is not visible. Is it normal? Please let us know. Thanks in advance.
Hey. I did sex with my girlfriend on 3rd day of her period and ejaculated outside ,and sex without condom and its benn 1 month 5 days and she didn't get her periods back. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
Absolutely! a good reason we have so many mothers with "surprise" with"surprise" late life babies :) Women assume that because they are not having periods anymore they can't get pregnant. Not so, you can still be ovulating even if you've stopped having periods. So the only way to know safely is to consult your your doctor. The general rule is that women are considered menopausal when they have not had a period for a year AND they have an FSH over 30. FSH is the abbreviation for for follicle stimulating hormone. It is the hormone that tries to kick start the ovaries when they begin to shut down. A young woman may have an FSH of say 6, because her ovaries are working well and the stimulating hormone is not having to do much. Once the ovaries begin to stop producing this number will begin to climb as the hormone says to the ovaries come on, come on what are you doing? The closer she is to menopause the higher it will be. SO an FSH over 30 (ovaries are inactive) AND no periods for a year is your only safe bet to stop using contraception. Unless of course you would ENJOY having a toddler at 45!
Is it safe to go for tooth extraction under 14 week of pregnancy? It's paining very badly. Moreover solo n crocin is not working.
महिलाओं और पुरूषो में बांझपन या अनुवंसिक्ता
बांझपन या अनुवंसिक्ता क्या है?
एक वर्ष तक प्रयास करते रहने के बाद अगर गर्भधारण नहीं होता तो उसे बन्ध्यता या अनुर्वरता कहते हैं।
बांझपन, प्रजनन प्रणाली की एक बीमारी है जिसके कारण किसी महिला के गर्भधारण में विकृति आ जाती है। गर्भधारण एक जटिल प्रक्रिया है जो कई बातों पर निर्भर करती है- पुरुष द्वारा स्वस्थ शुक्राणु तथा महिला द्वारा स्वस्थ अंडों का उत्पादन,
अबाधित गर्भ नलिकाएं ताकि शुक्राणु बिना किसी रुकावट के अंडों तक पहुंच सके, मिलने के बाद अंडों को निषेचित करने की शुक्राणु की क्षमता, निषेचित अंडे की महिला के गर्भाशय में स्थापित होने की क्षमता तथा गर्भाशय की स्थिति।
अंत में गर्भ के पूरी अवधि तक जारी रखने के लिए गर्भाशय का स्वस्थ होना और भ्रूण के विकास के लिए महिला के हारमोन का अनुकूल होना जरूरी है। इनमें से किसी एक में विकृति आने का परिणाम बांझपन हो सकता है।
बांझपन क्यों होता है ?
पुरुषों में प्रजनन क्षमता में कमी का सबसे सामान्य कारण शुक्राणु का कम या नहीं होना है। कभी-कभी शुक्राणु का गड़बड़ होना या अंडों तक पहुंचने से पहले ही उसका मर जाना भी एक कारण होता है। महिलाओं में बांझपन का सबसे सामान्य कारण मासिक-चक्र में गड़बड़ी है। इसके अलावा गर्भ-नलिकाओं का बंद होना, गर्भाशय में विकृति या जननांग में गड़बड़ी के कारण भी अक्सर गर्भपात हो सकता है।
क्या अनुर्वरता केवल औरतों के कारण होती है?
नहीं, यह केवल औरत के कारण नहीं होती। केवल एक तिहाई सन्दर्भों में अनुर्वरता औरत के कारण होती है। दूसरे एक तिहाई में पुरूष के कारण होती है। शेष एक तिहाई में औरत और मर्द के मिले जुले कारणों से या अज्ञात कारणों से होती है।
पुरूषों में अनुर्वरता के क्या कारण होते हैं?
पुरूषों में अनुर्वरता के कारण हैं
(1) शुक्राणु बनने की समस्य - बहुत कम शुक्राणू या बिलकुल नहीं।
(2) अण्डे तक पहुंच कर उसे उर्वर बनाने में शुक्राणु की असमर्थता - शुक्राणु की असामान्य आकृति या बनावट उसे सही ढंग से आगे बढ़ पाने में रोकती है।
(3) कई बार पुरूषों में जन्मजात ऐसी समस्या होती है जो कि उनके शुक्राणुओं को प्रभावित करती है।
(4) अन्य सन्दर्भों में किसी बीमारी या चोट के परिणाम स्वरूप समस्या शुरू हो जाती है।
पुरूष में अनुर्वरता का खतरा किन चीज़ों से बढ़ जाता है?
पुरूष के सम्पूर्ण स्वास्थ्य एवं जीवन शैली का प्रभाव शुक्राणुओं की संख्या और गुणवत्ता पर प्रभाव पड़ता है। जिन चीज़ों से शुक्राणुओं की संख्या और गुणवत्ता घटती है उस में शामिल हैं।
- मदिरा एवं ड्रग्स
- वातावरण का विषैलापन जैसे कीटनाशक दवाएं
- सिगरेट पीना
- मम्पस का इतिहास
- विशिष्ट दवाँ।
- कैंसर के कारण रेडिएशन।
औरतों में अनुर्वरता के क्या कारण होते हैं?
औरतों में अनुर्वरता के कारण हैं -
(1) अण्डा देने में कठिनाई
(2) बन्द अण्डवाही ट्यूबें
(3) गर्भाशय की स्थिति की समस्या
(4) युटरीन फाइवरॉयड कहलाने वाले गर्भाशय के लम्पस।
किन चीज़ों से महिला में अनुर्वरकता का खतरा बढ़ जाता है?
बच्चें को जन्म देने में बहुत सी चीजें प्रभाव डाल सकती हैं। इनमें शामिल हैं -
(1) बढ़ती उम्र
(3) पोषण की कमी
(4) अधिक वजन या कम वजन
(7) यौन संक्रमिक रोग
(8) हॉरमोन्स में बदलाव लाने वाली स्वास्थ्य सम्बन्धी समस्याएं।
How to have fun in the sun - and keep your the pitta in check with this life-giving summer routine.
According to ayurveda, the qualities of summer are hot, sharp, and penetrating. That's why our pitta dosha - the subtle energy that controls metabolism and can cause us to overheat - tends to flare up when the temperatures rise. Pitta-related imbalances include sunburn, hot flashes, exhaustion, acne, and diarrhea. Emotionally, excess pitta can manifest as anger, jealousy, and impatience. Sound familiar? try the following tips to keep your cool all summer long.
Try ayurvedic sunbathing
Take a 10-to-15-minute walk at sunrise, when the gentle rays that fall on your face and skin will stimulate sadhaka pitta
Take a 10-to-15-minute walk at sunrise, when the gentle rays that fall on your face and skin will stimulate sadhaka pitta - an energetic principle that, according to ayurveda, is a mood lifter similar to serotonin and melatonin and promotes creativity and joy. Sunlight also helps stimulate the body's production of vitamin d - a fat-soluble vitamin that plays an important role in calcium absorption, which in turn leads to stronger bones.
Summer's intense heat saps moisture from plants, the earth, and our bodies. That's why it's okay to add an extra pinch of salt in your food in the summer to compensate for sweating and to prevent fatigue. Also, drink at least six 8-ounce cups of water per day.
Eat cooling foods
Some of the best pitta-pacifying foods are leafy greens, coconut, cucumber, cantaloupe, and watermelon. The best dairy products are yogurt, milk, and ghee (clarified butter). Garnish salads and other dishes with cooling cilantro, parsley, and alfalfa sprouts, and avoid hot drinks, spicy food, alcohol, caffeine, and chilies.
After showering, mix one teaspoon each of organic, unrefined coconut oil and castor oil in a glass bottle with a cap. Place the bottle in hot water until the oil is lukewarm (not hot!). Apply to your whole body to keep your skin supple, soft, and cool. You can also use this treatment before you swim to protect your skin from salt water or chlorine.
Dab one drop of sandalwood essential oil on your temples, eyebrow center, throat center (at the hollow of the throat), wrists, and belly button. According to subtle ayurvedic principles, your whole aura will be charged with a sweet fragrance that pacifies pitta.
Adjust your bedtime routine
You can go to bed a little later on summer nights, around 11 p. M. When some of the sun's heat has dissipated. Sleep on your right side to open your left nostril, which corresponds to the ida nadi, the subtle energy channel that corresponds to the cooling moon.
Natural solutions for summer bummers
Rub preservative-free aloe gel on your skin. Or juice a few ounces of fresh cilantro and drink two teaspoons three times a day. Apply the cilantro pulp to your sunburn; it's cooling and soothing.
Mix together one part each of cumin powder and dried mint, and one-fourth part ginger- root powder. Fill 00-size vegetable capsules with the mixture and take one or two of them an hour before your flight.
Apply equal parts tea tree oil and neem oil (available online) to itchy bug bites. You can also use neem oil as a natural bug repellant.
A soothing summer meditation
For thousands of years, yogis have begun their day with spiritual practices that honor the sun: Surya namaskar (sun salutations); Surya trataka (a master practice that involves gazing at the sun); and a walk at sunrise to absorb the early morning rays. The sun is the source of all life. That's why summer is the perfect time to recite the gayatri mantra, the vedic song of sunlight, during meditation.