Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Makesh
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. MakeshYour feedback matters!
Iam Diabetic since last 5 years. At times I get cold shivers in the evening / night. This happens once in 7-8 Months. Why does it happen. What is the remedy.
Dementia is a general classification of a brain disease that causes a long haul and frequently steady abatement in the capacity to think and recall that is sufficiently incredible to influence a man's everyday functioning. Other normal manifestations incorporate passionate issues, issues with dialect, and a lessening in motivation. An individual's awareness is not influenced. The most common example of dementia is the Alzheimer's disease.
Physiotherapy for Dementia:
A patient with dementia can benefit from physiotherapy regardless of the possibility that the patient can't perceive their own family. Physiotherapy, notwithstanding, can be of good advantage to the individual who has dementia and also their family and parental figures at different stages. The principle explanation behind this is that recovery administrations can help the dementia patient to be as utilitarian as would be prudent for whatever length of time that is conceivable. Here are 5 ways physiotherapy benefits an Alzheimer's patient:
- Physiotherapy can keep up the Alzheimer's patient's freedom and mobility as much as one could expect reasonably. A physiotherapist can outline a home activity program and work intimately with relatives to administer to the Alzheimer's patient.
- Physiotherapists, as independent experts, embrace much detailed, separately custom-made appraisals of the disorders, action confinements and restrictions imposed upon individuals with dementia.
- The caretakers of individuals with dementia regularly show weakness when contrasted with their same aged companions. Physiotherapy helps with diminishing the weight of consideration by instructing caregivers to provide encouragement and upliftment to individuals with dementia.
- Patients with dementia are always at a risk of falling down and hurting themselves. Poor balance accounts for the danger of falls. This can be worked upon and improved by physiotherapy driven exercises. Exercise can have a huge and positive effect on behavioral and mental indications of dementia, enhancing psychological capacity and mindset, which can decrease the doses of strong medicines. Special exercise routines are assigned to the patients which help improve their body balance while walking.
- Physiotherapy has crucial influence in advancing and keeping up portability of individuals with dementia. It assumes a basic part in the end of life consideration by overseeing situations, seating and complicated muscle contracture. Individuals with dementia regularly experience issues in communicating pain. Pain influences cognizance, inspiration and reaction to any intervention. Physiotherapists are specialists in recognizing and treating pain in dementia patients and give training to care home staff and caregivers of the patients.
Physiotherapy is very important for dementia patients. Regular physiotherapy sessions are beneficial for patients for improvement in condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
Sir, my age is 28 years. I had been diagnosed with Gilbert's syndrome in 2004. Earlier, I used to be sharper & attentive. But since 2009, I have started forgetting things. I don't find myself focused on a particular thing. I can't perform multiple tasks at a time (that much effectively). I searched the net and found out that GS patients may develop forgetfulness. Is GS the primary cause of these things? In that case, what should I do to rectify my GS? Some examples of problems faced by me (not always) : 1. I want to copy files from x folder to y. I go to x, select files (takes some time) and moves to paste it but where ? I forgot. Then after 2-3 seconds, I remember and paste it to y folder. 2. I had given the room key to x person while working on something (sitting with z person). After finishing work, we (myself & Z) returned to room to see room is locked. I started searching key (which I usually keep in my left pocket). Didn?t find it. Started searching other pockets. Not getting it. Panicked. Went back to the place I was sitting. Z person waited there itself. Didn?t find there too. On the way back to room, y person handed over me the key (in front of Z). I wonder how come it reached to him. He explained the key has been given to him by x person. I am still clueless how did it reach to x person. Z person (who was till then enjoying my fiasco) reminded me of giving the key to x. Then only I remembered. Quite embarrassing it was! 3. Locked the door. Came downstairs. Started thinking I haven?t. Needed to go back to check it again. (Had I been attentive enough while locking itself, I wouldn't have required to go back & check).
I am having learning disability with ADD, dyslexia, dysgraphia. How can I concentrate and study for exams. I study but their comes a question that would I remember.
Lady in the house contacted viral fever prevalent rainy season had temperature104 with shivering was treated at a local shop 2 bring down temperature. temperature down but even after 7 days she has pain in entire length of legs.
Is there a Remedy for Paresthesia symptoms on both feet toes and little back in foot both left & right. Had for 22months. Now unbearable. I underwent a Keyhole burrhole surgery & SDH evacuation on head both sides at MIOThospital in 13 th Aug 2013. Still on tinglingsome times burning sensation on both feet have to wear slippers or sandals at home. What is my remedy in Ayurveda medicine & in Ayuveda massages.
I am 27 year female I have migraine and frequent lower back pain also. I hv migraine since 2009 but backache since 2011. migraine is more frequent then backache. migraine triggers more due to sunlight or stress.
And for metabolism take half tea spoon turmeric powder early morning with water.