Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MajubaYour feedback matters!
Doc I have already a 4 years old girl. Then why I have tubal problem right now. What is the reason of this .are my tube unblocked in future without surgery.
Am 36 years old lady married since 1 year and TTC. Have irregular periods and PCOD. Have moved to UK for work with my hubby. Due to age is my concern now. Am not able to afford to see private GP. Have recently done my blood tests for FSH, LH, etc. Have been taking the folic acid tablets 1 each day. With an ayurvedic tonic to regularise the periods. I could not get a chance to take any treatment as I had to move UK for work with hubby. And seeing an private GP here is been challenging as I can not afford. But keen to have a baby immediate. FSH -4.0 u/L LH - 13.2 u/L Testosterone - <0.7 nmol/L Prolactin level - 914 mu/L.
Sir my girl friend is having periods now n lot of stomach pain is their now. One of her friend gave her the Meftal-Spas tablet is it safe to take.
1. Salt water gargles
2. Turmeric milk
3. Light excersice
4. Good sleep will boost your immunity & help you stay healthy in season change.
I had a sexual encounter on Jan30 I have used the condom but in stress I forgot to check for breakage in it after 20 min I washed my genitals with water now assuming that she is HIV+ 1 whether the virus will transmit from my hand to the genital part while cleaning? 2 done pcr DNA test for HIV in Feb24 (3week later) it came (-) Can I trust this test and be hopeful?
My wife 42, her lazt LMP 5 may, after that she conceive, on july 1, she had to undergo abortion, she starts MALA D on 5 july. We used condom in parallel to avoid pregnancy, but she stops Mala d three days ago, so that after three days mensuration cycles starts and in these three days we do unprotected sex. When cycle will start as per LMP, if there any chances of pregnancy in last days pl guide.
I am 47 years old 2 years before my wife operated for carcinoma since than we are not having sex now can we have safer sex although she refuses to have sex it's advise able to have safer sex with her although every time she refuses pls advise what should I do.
We are friends and you had sex 1 week ago. I used condom for precautions. But she is worried Now because her date of menstruation is 26th last month and it doesn't happen till now. What to do? Is there anything to worried about?
Hello Dr. I missed my period. Last period was 29 april. On last I done UPT and it was positive but now I do not want baby bcoz my 1 st baby is no 15 month only so what to do please suggest me urgently.
I am 24 years old and I got married before two months. My problem is that my period time is 15th to 18th day of month but after one of marriage my period came on date 9th day of month means it had come only in 20 days. What about this? please reply me very soon I am worried about that.
I'm 18 years old. 2 days ago I had unprotected sex. It was not the first time. But that day for the first time my vagina started bleeding. I had a sudden fever. Then yesterday it started itching. Feeling a lot week. Urine color is dark orange and experiencing loose motions and dark circles on face. Is this the symptoms of some kind disease or just weakness?
My sister 23 years is having lean pcod since 6 yrs. She is on steroids since then n now having hair fall problems. Her resent tests indicate low level of PRL n LH n testosterone 0.483 ng/ml as she has stopped medicines past 1 month n now again started. Should she go further for tests like AMH n insulin? Is it okay to be on steroids for so long?
Not sure if there is anyone who is happy with their image, different people have different complaints. Fat thighs, fat upper arms, too thin legs, sagging breasts, pot belly, the list is just too long. While exercise and diet can be used to achieve overall fitness levels, they cannot produce the body shape that you have in mind (simulating your celebrity body part maybe). Almost all complaints revolve around the excess fat (in most cases) and about the quality of the skin.
However, there are various surgical methods which can produce results that are amazingly quick, effective, and safe. Body contouring is usually done by removing excess fat deposits and skin from various parts of the body. The skin also gets tightened during the process, also reducing cellulite. While most women complain about thighs and hips, men complain about their stomach area.
Some of the common body sculpting procedures includes:
- Arm lifts: With age, there is excessive fat accumulation and sagging of the upper arm, which can be corrected by removing excess fat. Contrarily, thin arms can be helped by using biceps implants.
- Tummy tucks: The excess skin and fat is removed from the tummy area and the muscles are tightened to produce a firmer look
- Thigh lift: Another common area of concern, the tone is improved by removing excess, loose skin.
- Pectoral implants: Can be used in men who desire muscular chests.
- Butt lifts and butt implants: These are used to alter the shape of the buttocks, either reducing it or firming it up.
In all these body contouring procedures, liposuction is the common technique.
Is it for you? If you are in overall good health with good thick and elastic skin, go for it. However, have realistic expectations by having a detailed discussion with the doctor. It will definitely help in fat removal, cellulite reduction and skin tightening; however, the key is to set a common goal and work towards it.
I did my usg scan at 22 weeks. My HC 196 MM, AC 156 MM, FL 37MM. Doppler flow is normal. Doctor told ac is low. What does it mean?'ll it affect fetal growth?
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) is a common infection in the female reproductive organs like the ovaries, the uterus and the fallopian tubes and also the inside of the pelvis. If left untreated for a long time, PID can lead to severe problems like pregnancy complications, infertility and cancer.
- Causes: Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) like chlamydia and gonorrhea produce vaginal bacteria which travel to the interior organs and cause PID. Having unprotected sexual contact with someone who has an STD is the most common cause of PID. Moreover, medical processes like abortion, miscarriage, childbirth, insertion of contraceptive devices can also lead to bacterial infection. Having sex with a number of people, or having sex before the age of 20, or having had an STD in the past, also increase the chances of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.
- Symptoms: The disease may show only minor symptoms or it may not show any symptom at all. When it does, the common symptoms are pelvic pain, discomfort while urinating or having intercourse, difficulties with menstruation and unusual fluid discharge from the vagina.
- Associated symptoms: High fever, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, exhaustion, shivering and fainting.
- Diagnosis: A pelvic examination is conducted to check for abnormal bleeding from the cervix (the opening of the uterus), fluid discharge or severe pain in the uterus, fallopian tubes or in the ovaries. Swabs taken from the cervix and the vagina are tested for STDs or other possible bacterial infections that may cause PID. An ultrasound or a Computerized Tomography (CT) scan is conducted to make sure that the symptoms are not being caused by other disorders like appendicitis or other kinds of infection in the reproductive organs. A pregnancy test is also done to take the necessary precautions to protect the fetus from the adverse effects of the infection.
- Treatment: The treatment procedures of PID vary depending on the type of bacteria that caused the infection in the specific case. Antibiotic medication is used to treat the condition. In case of severe complications, the patient has to be hospitalized.
Hi doctor, I have pcos. I used to have krimson tabs but stopped from 2 years as planning for kid. But not able to conceive now it's been 45 days did not get my date and pregnancy test is also negative.
The gums are also called the periodontium which means perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition they also have an aesthetic value with the healthy pink color.
The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes problem where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms ensue:
- The gums are of a healthy pink color and if they turn darker hue of pink
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- If it continues to form an abscess, pressure on the gums can produce pus
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Dentin is exposed leading sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Loosening of the tooth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention: Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planing may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes
The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and consult a dentist regularly.
Yes, they can. Many STDs spread through any type of sexual activity, including skin-to-skin contact and oral sex. This is especially true of STDs that produce genital lesions or sores.