Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Maheshwari.V.G.Your feedback matters!
I had a sex on 3rd or 4th november with my bf. My last date of periods was 23rd October but this month that is November my period misses. Unfortunately 30th November I again had sex with my bf. But I do pregnancy test on 30th November at morning and that is negative and at the same day that 30th November I did sex at 5pm. Then 1st December I again do lab urine test which is again negative now I confused I m pregnant or not and if I am not pregnant then why my periods stil not going.
I suffered from TB 15 years back & that got cured after 9 month course of medicine. Now I am 30 and trying for pregnancy from the last 4-5 months. My follicular study was normal. Is that TB treatment (which was done 15 years back) is creating problem in conceiving?
Last 2 years I am taking the Novelon Tablet because that time I don't need to get pregnant. Now I need to get pregnant for that what I can do please suggest me like I have to stop the medicine and any new medicine I will take. Last 3 days before my period start and today is the fourth day. Please suggest me so that I can process to get pregnant. Please mention which medicine I will take to get pregnant.
I have missed my periods, it is been 1.5 months as of today, also checked for pregnancy it is negative
I am 20 year old I unsecured sex do to 7 day after my g. F to check pregnancy test but 7 day after safe to check possible which day after to check pregnancy.
I am suffering from PCOD. I am taking ayurvedic medicines. But still I have irregular periods, my weight is increasing. What can be done?
Can home pregnancy test gives accurate result after 17 days of intercourse. I'm on pills and their are still three pills remaining in the pack. If I get withdrawal bleed after that will that be considered as one of the signs of not getting pregnant? I had a test today and it comes out to be negative. Today is the 17th day of my intercourse. I am not feeling any symptoms except I am a bit nauseatic and I do not have urge to eat anything from the past one day and I am too stressed out. The intercourse was protected one day after starting new pill pack and the condom has no holes in it and it did not break except same condom is used thrice in an intercourse. I had been on this pill from the previous month and I had missed second last pill of the previous month which I doubled it up on thw next day with the last pill. I took the pill free interval of 6 days. Does all this increases my chance of conceiving? I am on Novelon 21 day pill pack.
The most common form of leishmaniasis, cutaneous leishmaniasis is generally identified as a parasitic disease caused by the bite of infected sand flies and is responsible for causing skin sores. These skin sores vary in size and appearance and are susceptible to changes over time. They have often been described as miniature volcanoes, having slightly elevated edges with a central crater, and at times covered by a scab. Occasionally, swollen glands can appear in and around the sores, and may or may not be painful.
Causes of cutaneous leishmaniasis include:
- Cutaneous leishmaniasis can be easily spread by the mere bite of certain types of phlebotomine sand flies. Initially, sand flies get infected when they bite an infected animal; say a rodent or a dog, or even another person already suffering from it. They then act as a vector agent and carry the virus around with them. If they happen to bite you, you will discover the growth of these volcanic skin sores gradually, if not immediately.
- Cutaneous leishmaniasis can also be spread via blood transfusions or through the use of contaminated needles.
- Occasionally, though very rarely, cutaneous leishmaniasis can also be spread from a pregnant mother to her newborn baby.
Cutaneous leishmaniasis can be treated in various ways. Some effective methods of treatment may include:
- Local heat therapy (most suitably at around 40 degrees celsius)
- Several topical paromomycin preparations
- Certain types of sodium preparations
- Antibiotic therapy
Hello Doc, Mai last 3 times se hcg treatment le rahi hu but mai conceive hi nahi ho rahi hu asa kiyo?
Ectopic pregnancy: Causes and symptoms
Ectopic pregnancy happens if the egg implants itself in the fallopian tube in place of the uterus. That's why this form of pregnancy is called a tubal pregnancy as well. Many a time, it may also implant itself in the belly, ovary or the cervix. If the egg is allowed to develop in the fallopian tube, it brings about the bursting of the tube, leading to instances of heavy bleeding.
What really causes this condition?
In this type of pregnancy, the cause isn't always easy to arrive at. In many cases, certain conditions have been found to bring about this pregnancy and these are:
- Damages to the fallopian tubes in the form of scarring and inflammation due to a preceding medical infection, condition or surgery
- Imbalances in the body's hormone levels
- Abnormalities in the genes
- Birth defects
- Medical problems that have an effect on the shape and condition of the reproductive organs and fallopian tubes
- Though it's rare, ectopic pregnancy can occur while using an intrauterine device or system for birth control
- Inflammation of your reproductive system such as pelvic inflammatory disease
How do you know that you suffer from one?
In terms of signs that will help you to easily identify whether you're having an ectopic pregnancy, the initial signs are:
- Light bleeding from your vagina
- Pain in the abdomen or in the pelvic region, which tends to occur after 6-8 weeks of a missed period
The other symptoms of this condition reveal themselves as you progress through the pregnancy and include,
- Dizziness or fainting as a result of internal bleeding
- Shoulder pain brought on by bleeding in the abdominal region
- Signs of shock
- Worsening of pelvic or belly pain
- Heavy vaginal bleeding
Additionally, a person with ectopic pregnancy also experience signs associated with early pregnancy such as:
- Tender breasts
- Missed period
- Increased in frequency of urination
Related Tip: 6 Pregnancy Complications You Need to Know About