Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Maheshwari.V.G.
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Maheshwari.V.G.Your feedback matters!
Hi doctors I am 20 and I am married 1 year before While having sex in the starting I enjoy But after it burns a lot (like in my private parts) And my husband feels insecure And I had to ectopic removed with an open surgery Please suggest some remedies that it would stop burning Thank you
PMS is often treated as a joke but for many women, it is a monthly nightmare. Muscle cramps, headaches, bloating, breast tenderness, anxiety and depression are common symptoms of PMS. Though there is no set cure for PMS here are afew tips that will help you deal with it.
- Set an exercise routine: Exercising not only helps you maintain weight but also helps dealing with PMS. You only need to set aside 30 minutes a day for a brisk walk, jog, swim or even dance. Aerobic exercises improve blood circulation, ease stress and help the brain release happy hormones.
- Change your diet: If you are feeling bloated and depressed, cut back on simple carbohydrates like sugar and fat and increase your consumption of complex carbohydrates like fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Do not attempt a low carb diet to lose weight if you suffer from PMS. Reducing the simple carbohydrates in the body and increasing the complex carbohydrates keeps you body feeling full for longer and increases the serotonin levels in the body.
- Quit alcohol and caffeine: Drinking a glass of wine or a cup of coffee may give you temporary relief from PMS symptoms but in the long run they aggravate your PMS symptoms such as headaches, breast tenderness and mood swings. Alcohol may also contribute towards lowering the magnesium levels in your body and thereby make you feel bloated.
- Relax: One of the effects of PMS is to make you feel anxious and tense. The easiest way to address this is by learning to relax. Try meditation or yoga for half an hour every morning. This will improve your overall health as well as soothe muscle pains.
- Take a few supplements: Research says that certain fatty acids like Omega 3 and linoleic acid can lower irritability and body aches associated with PMS. Calcium is also known to help ease PMS symptoms. Getting these nutrients in the required levels may not be possible only through your daily meals. Hence, you can also consider supplements to ease your pains.
- Use Birth control pills: Birth control pills with the drospirenone hormone can help ease symptoms of severe PMS. Menstruation is often accompanied by a drop in estrogen levels that can lead to migraines. Birth control pills also regulates your hormones and hence avoids these fluctuations. It also keeps your ovaries from releasing eggs every month and hence reduces the intensity of the associated cramps.
- Talk to people: You are not alone when it comes to PMS. Instead of keeping quiet about your discomfort, talk to people who may be experiencing something similar. Sharing your problems will introduce you to new ways of dealing with it. You could also get online support through various discussion groups.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
It is a common misbelief that eating home cooked food is the healthiest option. Whenever, we plan to eat out, there is always a question lingering about the cleanliness of the hotel’s kitchen. We need to realize that it is not just the hotel, but our own kitchen should also be taken care of.
Listed below are some commonly overlooked things that could be contributing to your health in a bad way. With kitchen shopping continuing through the years, there are unused and/or overused things, both of which are harmful. Read on to know more.
- Overused utensils: In most homes, the cooking vessels turn brown over a period of time. This happens, especially in metallic ones like aluminium. It is due to leftover food and is a breeding ground for germs. Leaving the vessels for a later wash can lead to these stains getting tougher and the vessel taking on a permanent brownish color. A good way to manage this is to clean the vessels as soon as possible.
- Stained mugs and cups: It is a common belief that tea cups will stain over a period of use, which is not true. In some cases, the hard water has high concentration of calcium carbonate, which mixes with the tea and lead to altered bowel movement and improper digestion. The best way to manage this is to mix vinegar and baking soda and remove the stains.
- Chopping board: First things first. Never use the same chopping board for your meat and your veggies. The germs from the uncooked meat affect the vegetables also. As the bacteria continues to grow, in about 10 minutes, there will be double the number of bacteria that will affect the vegetables.
- Chipped melamine dishware: While the melamine kitchenware is unbreakable, do not use them at high temperatures. This can cause it to chip and melamine leaks into the food, causing kidney stones and renal failure. A good way to avoid this risk is not to heat food in the melamine dishes.
- Non-stick cookware: While nonstick ware helps reduce the amount of oil used, constant use erodes the coating and slowly the chemical is leaked, which can add carcinogenic elements into your dosa or roti. This can cause liver and stomach problems with continued use.
- Coffee makers: The reservoir in the coffee makers hoards a whole lot of bacteria and can cause various diseases. Thorough cleaning with hot water can help you keep it clean.
These are some of the common ways your kitchen can affect your health, there are definitely more. So, keep your kitchen clean for a healthier life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Can I know during estimated ovulation time daily intercourse necessary. And kindly advised me on which thing I should take care for intercourse during ovulation period for conceiving the baby. Dietary as well as physically or medically.
Sir my g.f was having period on 14 sep ut she takes medicine to delay the periods on 14 sep. N 15 sep .and on 16 sep. We have only anal sex but during that my condom got tear up bt nothing has came out from me for becoming sure we took a pill unwanted 72 on 30th hour after sex n she also did not loose her virginity bt I am confused that if sperm can travel to vagina from anal .bt now her periods are not coming n no bleeding is occurring after unwanted 72 so I am confused whether she is pregnant or something else. please tell me whether she is pregnant or not. Bcuz I have read from internet that after un wanted 72 bleeding happens which makes you sure that you are not pregnant?
Dear doctor. I am a 27 year old female. Since the age of 13 to 15 I have been masturbating. In the beginning I dint know why I was doing such act but slowly it became a habit and it gave me immense pleasure. On knowing about the masturbating and reading about it online I still continue doing it. The desire is at its peak before and after my menstrual cycle. My concern is each time I masturbate I pee after the act. Plus my abdomen pain the next day after that. I also feel I have immensely increased my breasts off late. Please educate me. What is write or wrong. If their is any medicine which could prevent me from not masturbating. Plus being a 27 year old female and a virgin masturbation help me control my emotions and stress. Please guide me.
Herpes simplex virus is a viral infection of the genitals. This disorder can also occur in the mouth, characterized by the formation of fever, blisters and cold sores. The disorder occurs when the body is infected by the Herpes Simplex Virus.
Herpes is caused by a contagious virus called the ‘Herpes Simplex Virus’. This virus spreads through direct contact with an infected person. A child may also contract the disease from an already infected adult. This infection may also spread via media such as sharing utensils, kissing or sharing toiletries. Sexual contact with an infected person is one of the primary ways to contract genital herpes. The risk factors for this disorder are –
Multiple sex partners.
Gender: Women are more prone to developing Genital Herpes.
Weak immune system.
If you are affected by a sexually transmitted infection.
In case of genital herpes, sores form on the genitals. Symptoms include difficulty in passing urine, headaches, fever, fatigue and a lack of appetite. Pain in the eyes and watery discharge from the eyes will be common symptoms if the infection spreads to the eyes.
There is no cure for this disorder. The aim of the treatment is to manage the symptoms and prevent it from spreading. The sores need not necessarily be medically catered to. Certain medications such as ‘acyclovir’ and ‘valacyclovir’ are prescribed to reduce the severity of the symptoms.
Once infected with the virus, it might remain in the body in a dormant state till a long time, in some cases, even a lifetime. However, symptoms might not show up. Factors such as stress and excessive sun exposure can lead to reactivation of the virus. Over time, the intensity of the symptoms tend to come down as the body adapts itself to the disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.