Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Maheshwari.V.G.Your feedback matters!
I am 17 year old female. There' s an increase in my body weight from past 2 years and I am irregular periods from the past 2 years. Doctors told me to take a series of tests and found out that j have polycystic ovary syndrome. They advised me to reduce weight to have regular periods but i' m unable to reduce weight. Please help me to get cured from pcos and also to reduce weigh
I am happily married in may 2011 and have a daughter aged 3 yrs and son aged 8 months, my wife is 22 and I am 32, we are enjoying our sex life but I like a trying anal which pains her, anyways I m gonna counsel her for the same but some times before sex I tell her to take my penis in mouth n even I lick her vagina I really feel very nice before starting sex, will it harm me or her, if so what are the precautions n even we don't like using condoms as it reduces sexual pleasure, shall we continue?
Hello doctor! I am in a dilemma. I had unprotected intercourse with my husband on Feb 28, 2016. Next day I took I pill ie 29th Feb. Now it's 17th March. I dint get my periods yet. I am worried if I pill haven't worked. Although I haven't even tested my pregnancy. Pls help me out is there any chance of pregnancy even after taking I pill. Or my periods are delayed because of I pill. How long I should wait? Additional information (I already have 19months old baby boy and I had c section delivery. If I would be getting positive test then can I take misoprostol on my own to terminate it) please help me out! Thanks in anticipation!
Hi I am taking thyroxine 100 mg daily in the morning. To get period monthly what I have to do? I am 65 kgs height 5 feet. To avoid pimples what I have to do I am suffering from PCOD problem, there is hair grown in my chin and stomach also. please tell me some good tablet and for how many months I have to take. I am walking daily but no use.
Hi. I'm doing planning for pregnancy. Last month egg could be formed. But this month egg have not formed now 15 days after my period.in this month chance to egg will be formed. I have pcos. I'm under treatment. Thanks.
Women who works long hours of work or regularly lift heavy items at work may have difficulty conceiving. Working more than 40 hours a week delayed pregnancy by 20 percent compared to working between 21 and 40 hours a week moving or lifting more than 9 kilos several times a week delayed pregnancy by about 50 percent compared to not lifting heavy objects
I always get my periods on time every month, but this month I did not have it yet. Its past my date. Is it just late or is there some other problem?
I am 18 years old and I am an boy. I have a big lumb on my right chest since 2 years. The left one is normal but the right chest appears like a breast.
my periods are okay but i am not getting pregnent sice 3 months i used femilon tablets after advise of doctor is that is problem
Sir mene meri girl friend ko 25 tarik ko without condom intercourse krne ke baad I-pill di thi. 26 ko fir se without condom intercourse hua tha toh kya vapas I-pill tablet lena chahiye kya. 26 ko sir menstrual cycle ka 7th day tha. Sir I am in very tension. Usko vapas I-pill deni chahiye ya nhi?
After giving birth my wife have lost interest in sex. She hardly gets orgasm once a month that too after her menstrual periods. please help.
Meri Marriage ko 10 years ho gaye. Meri beti 5 Saal ki hogai hai. Main Pregnancy conceive karna chahati hoon. Par nahi ho paraha. Pehle Bhi Mujhe meri beti shadi ke 4 saal ke baad hui. Main Ab kya karu?
I am 32 years old. My baby 7 years old. Before 2 month I decided abortion. After abortion my period continue but don't stop. Suddenly I am change the doctor and start the new medicine. Now I am very depressed. Kindly send your suggestion.
I am 26 years women. Me and my husband got married in December 2013, we did planning for 2 year due to some family problems. But now we are planning to have baby. We are trying from from december 2015. Till now no result. Also after marriage I faces problem of urinary infection Frequently. What should I do for baby? As my periods are also regular.
Cancer is the term that is used to describe a wide variety of malignant diseases. It is the second commonest cause of death in the world.
• The exact causesfor cancer is not known.
• It is multi-factorial disease – many factors contribute or predispose this condition.
• Modern diet – increased intake of junk food and decreased intake of fibers and roughage. adulteration of food, over milk and vegetables production by uses of hormones,
• Age, environmental pollutants or social, emotional factors influence the disease. stress
• Family tendency. nuclear family, working women, always stress in life, alcohol, smoking in female
• Exposure to radiations. over uses of gazett, mobile, internet, radiation in atmosphere
• Occupational exposure to pollutants – lung cancer.
• Increased consumption of cigarettes - lung cancer.
• Tobacco chewing – oral cancer.
• Chronic alcoholics – liver cancer.
• Use of contraception, excess sexual freedom, virginity, women with no children – cervical and uterine cancer
* Uses of hormones, antibiotics, antiallergic and steroids frequent since childhood during cold coryza cough, bronchitis, pneumonia, many disease
* More vaccination
• Late marriages, women who have not breast fed there children – breast cancer.
• Non vegetarian diet especially high consumption of meat and red meat.
• Obesity hypertension and diabetes have been seen to be associated symptoms.
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:
• Most of the time there is no presentation no pain, cancer usually is detected accidentally and by the time it is detected it has spread in the whole body.
• Painless swelling in breast or at the site of cancer.
• Intracranial space occupying lesions can present with fits, severe headaches, vomiting, papilloedema.
• Abdominal lesions can cause constipation.
• Bronchial lesions present with cough & shortness of breath.
• Hemorrhage from various orifices.
• Pain either due to nerve compression or due to distension of an organ.
• There can be deep bone pains or referred pains.
• In terminal cases depression, loneliness & irritability.
• Tumor may cause obstruction affecting ingestion, digestion absorption, malabsorption through secondary intestinal changes.
• Pain, fatigue, depression, Anxiety, Nausea vomiting and diarrhea.
• Taste changes- mouth blindness develops – bitter and sweet thresholds are altered. Patient will avoid chocolate, coffee, tea, red wine, citrus fruits red meat cheese due to altered taste
• Low intake of food can cause severe weakness
• Loss of weight.
• Food aversion
• Early satiety
• Loss of body cell mass
• Emaciation- loss of subcutaneous fat and body protein leading to weight loss and muscle weakness.
• Metabolic disorders – altered metabolism of fats, proteins, carbohydrates, glucose, vitamins, minerals and electrolytes.
• Immunodepression- changes in the function of the immune system.
• Hyponatraemia and Hypercalcaemia
• Acid-base imbalance
• All these symptoms can be exacerbated by cancer treatment like chemotherapy or radiation.
• Give high energy and high protein diet.
• Wide variety of food should be selected to ensure all vitamins and minerals are included in the diet.
– Increase intake of antioxidants like vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, selenium.
• Include Japanese sea vegetables (arame, hijiki, kombu, nori) in diet if available, they are remarkably nutritious.
• Wheat grass juice is recommended – grow wheat grains in a pot – grass comes up in a weeks time so its advisable to plant seven pots so as to have every days supply. Extract juice from these grass and consume twice a day. It helps you to develop immunity and remove toxins from the body.
• Consume ½ cup of bitter gourd every morning. Advisable to add little ginger and turmeric to it. You can also add honey or jaggery to it, to alter its bitter taste if required.
• Daily eat 3-4 mint and basil leaves.
• Have high energy food / drink like sugarcane juice, fats.
• Consumption of sesame seed / oil is advised as it is a very good tonic and has anti-cancer properties.
• During the cancer affections and treatment, there is high demand for energy hence fats are required in high amount. Hence it is recommended to fry food rather than grilling them.
• Vegetarians should increase their consumption of pulses and legumes (peas and beans).
• Consumption of fresh fruits and raw vegetables is advised.
• Milk and milk products should be avoided to those patients with intestinal damage who are also lactose intolerant or those who cannot tolerate, digest or absorb a normal diet in such case liquid supplement formula can be used.
• Multivitamin supplements may be required in case of digestive and metabolic disorders. Should be taken as indicated by your physician.
• Tube feeding can be used in patients who cannot or are unwilling to take food orally.
• Parentral feeding – is considered when there is gastro-intestinal tumors or gastro-intestinal tract is not functioning.
National Geographic writer and explorer, Dan Buettner ,who studies the world's longest lived peoples, calls these areas where these people live ?Blue Zones?.
According to the New York Times they have the following in common:
1, An environment that encourages a healthy diet and plenty of exercise.
2, Healthy relationships with other people and good psychological health.
3, Looking after gardens.
4, Having a spirit of cooperation.
5, Easily accessible public health.
6, Being valued as seniors by their families and communities.