Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Maheshwari
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MaheshwariYour feedback matters!
Hello, My age 24 and I am married I feel shamed that recently I had unprotected sex with virgin and today with a married one. I used condom during sex but it got teared at that time I released ny sperm I immediately removed my pennis I went to washroom I washed it is there any chances of getting hiv I so much worried that I cheated my wife.
मेरी पत्नी गर्भवावस्था में है अभी 2 महीना हुवा है .फिहलाल अभी उलटी कभी कभी अधिक हो जाता है और gabrhahat भी लगते रहता है अभी जो मेडिसन चल रहा है उसका नाम हैZicovit tab, pan40, aglogyam syp.Please suggest.
You must have come across Marigold, a common flower that is bright orange in color as it holds a prominent position during festivals and other occasions. It is commonly known as "Genda" and is used as a “thorana” which means garland. Though it is not an aromatic flower, it is preferred for a garland due to the reason that it can repel insects.
But apart from its usage as an aesthetic element and insect deterrent, did you know it can offer numerous health benefits too?
Marigold comes with a host of benefits that might be simply unbelievable, but the alternate form of medicine Ayurveda has long known about it. Some of the surprising benefits of marigold are as enumerated below.
- Phenomenal antioxidant properties: The marigolds possess excellent antioxidant properties, the reason for it being used as a homemade treatment for the skin. It is used for soothing sunburns, bites, warts, and acne. Moreover, it is helpful in the treatment of wounds, burns, and rashes. It has been found that Marigold has the ability to promote the growth of fresh skin tissues, increases the flow of blood to the area of the skin which has been affected and boosts up the production of collagen making the skin firm which speeds up the process of healing to a significant extent.
- Anti-inflammatory properties and lowers free radical damage: The flowers of marigold contain a number of active chemicals which has been found to reduce the number of cells that are being damaged by the free radicals. At the same time, it also helps in fighting the growth of bacteria at the places where the skin is wounded.
- In addition to this, the marigold flowers have excellent anti-inflammatory properties which help in the easing of the symptoms of bowel disease or colitis. The tea prepared from marigold is extremely beneficial for the treatment of gastritis, ulcers and acid reflux. Also, it helps to reduce cramps in the stomach and menstrual cramps as well.
- Treatment of eye diseases: Marigold plays a vital role in the treatment of many eye diseases. It helps to reduce the inflammation of the eye, treatment of conjunctivitis and a number of other chronic ocular inflammatory conditions. It speeds up the treatment of the infections in the eyes.
- Boosting up of the immune system: The extracts from marigolds are extremely helpful in managing the symptoms of the common cold, flu coughs fevers or sore throats. It greatly enhances the immune system of the body to a significant level.
You can consult an Ayurveda expert to more about it and utilize the benefits it offers effectively. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I go vaginal fungal infection after sex then I took 3 tablet of vh3 vaginal clindamycin after that my vaginal infection got cured then after a week I had a sex now again I am suffering from yeast infection what should I do?
The moment a woman is known to be pregnant, there is a whole list she needs to follow in terms of food what is good vs what is bad, what to eat vs what to avoid, how much to eat and so on. Almost every member in the family and friend circle would have suggestions to provide, and the woman is left completely confused. Read on to get some of this clarified.
Myth #1: Eat for two people during pregnancy: While it is definitely true that a person needs to eat more during pregnancy, it is not essential to eat for two people. The growing baby does not need a full meal. What it needs are important nutrients to develop fully including iron, calcium, folic acid, etc. The mother needs to increase her food consumption, but only by about 250 to 300 calories. There is absolutely no need to eat for two people.
Myth #2: Eating papaya can lead to miscarriage: The green or raw papaya does have latex, which has properties similar to the miscarriage-inducing drugs. They increase the amount of oxytocin and prostaglandin, which induces miscarriage. However, a fully ripe papaya eases heartburn and constipation, which are common during pregnancy.
Myth #3: Consuming saffron throughout pregnancy makes the developing baby fair-skinned: This is another myth that is deep-rooted, and the obsession with fair skin is even more deep-rooted. Most mothers would be gifted small boxes of saffron and told to add it to milk and consume, so that the baby grows up fair. This is a complete myth with no truth to it at all. The baby’s skin colour is completely determined by genetics and is not influenced by the food consumed during pregnancy.
Myth #4: Ghee during pregnancy helps in normal delivery: Ghee is believed to bring about a lot of miracles during pregnancy. Some vouch for the fact that consuming ghee aids in normal delivery and passage of the baby through the uterus. Consuming ghee also is believed to improve uterine healing post-delivery. The truth is that ghee is loaded with saturated fats and may lead to unnecessary weight gain and hence is best avoided. A small amount is definitely advisable, but it will not help in either delivery or post-partum.
Myth #5: Eating fish during pregnancy is harmful: The only reason for avoiding fish is the increased level of mercury in some of them. While fish with higher levels of mercury are to be avoided, fish with low mercury levels are okay and are in fact useful for the baby’s brain and eye development. Since this differentiation requires knowledge about fish, they are usually avoided. Talk to your nutritionist to identify what is safe and what is not.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Modern lifestyle - minimal physical activity, unhealthy food habits and stress - has a negative impact on overall health for all of us. While we may not realize the negative impacts of our so called modern lifestyle in our daily lives, our lifestyle actually affects every function of our body and leads to many disorders and diseases.
Infertility or subfertility among men is one such outcome of unhealthy lifestyle, and is on a rise these days. There are many biological factors which can affect a person's ability to father a child. However, in this piece I will only discuss the five most common and easily correctable lifestyle related factors, which affect the fertility in men. All these behaviors have the potential to adversely affect sperm production and/or maturation in men leading to poor count and/or quality of sperms. However, if addressed in time, these men can still regain their fertility potential and realise their dream of having baby.
1. Body weight: Obesity has a direct correlation with reduced fertility among both men and women. Unhealthy eating habits, minimal physical activity and genetic predisposition are three most important causes of obesity. Its important to understand that while no one can really address the genetic predisposition, it really are the other factors that allow genes to take an effect. So, if one can ensure having a balanced diet and adequate amount of physical activity, he can still keep the body weight under check.
2. Excessive Caffeine intake: Excessive caffeine intake can affect the sperm motility, thereby reducing the speed of sperms and slowing down their journey inside a woman's body to reach the egg for fertilization. All this can be avoided by simply controlling the intake of caffeine. Please note that caffeine is found not just in coffee, but is present is big amounts in all carbonated and energy drinks. So, the trick is to avoid such drinks as much as possible.
3. Smoking: Smoking leads to DNA fragmentation in the sperms, which increases the risk of miscarriage. Smoking also reduces the sperm motility, thereby reducing its potential to fertilize the egg. Smoking in the woman partner further reduced the fertility potential as it damages the DNA in eggs also. I cant overemphasize on the need to immediately and permanently quit smoking in both the partners. One cant wait till the time they plan a pregnancy for quitting smoking - they have to do it now!
4. Alcohol consumption: Its a myth that one can consume alcohol in moderate amounts and still remain healthy. Even so called "moderate" alcohol consumption, generally defined as 30 - 60 ml per day, has a negative impact on fertility. Alcohol impact the sperm production process, thereby leading to reduced sperm count (called as azoospermia) and also affects the sperm maturation process, thus causing quality issues with sperms.
5. Stress: Its no secret that we live in an increasingly complicated world, which gives us not just physical but also serious mental stress. Mental stress and tension create a cycle of negative emotions and affect all the cognitive functions in the human body. Stress doesn't allow proper erection, which is essential for a successful effort at intercourse. One should try and remain as stress free as possible and can also try stress busters such as Yoga and meditation for a healthier lifestyle.
It doesn't require any magic or medications to help boost a man's fertility potential. These are all simple lifestyle measures everyone can manage on their own. All that is required is to allow the human body to work properly and then live a stress free life. Nature then takes its own course!