Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MaheshYour feedback matters!
I am unable to flex my hand fingers since 3 days it's in extended position. Can I know what's the cause for it?
I have migraine from two years. It is very pain ful for me any medicine in not benefit to me pls help.
Hi, What is the cure of migraine I am suffering from 2 years. Please suggest the medicine. Will be thankful to you.
I was always plumpy girl since childhood. After started taking medicine of epilepsy and thyroid, I put on lot of weight in my adolescent period. Since then I had tried many ways to reduce and from 90 kg I got down to 80 till my marriage within 1.5 years. After getting married, I put on 15 kgs n now I am 95. Now please guide me how to reduce despite having my hectic working schedule and no time to workout. These conditions are affecting me physically and mentally also. I get tired soon nd feel sad many times. Earlier through disciplined diet and massages and herbal life powder I reduced. After leaving all this I gained again. Now I am regretting since than. But now I need motivation and will power to come back to 80 kgs again. Please guide me. I want to plan my family next year. Thyroid doctor has advised me to reduce minimum 5 kgs. I feel fed up sometimes, crying also. This is all because of my weighty issues. please help me.
I am a 23yr old male and have migraine for last 2 years. What should I do? And please suggest some medicine for instant relief currently am having vasograin but now it is no more effective.
My father is suffering from paralysis since 10 months. He is unable to speak. He suffered from paralysis attack twice in last 10 months. We consulted many doctors but all in vain. Please help me.
Hi is duloxetine used to treat Parkinson disease ?Is it evident that using duloxetine confirms one has Parkinson? Please suggest.
I have a child. She is suffering from generalized seizure since last six years. Now she takes 5ml valparin twice a day and clonazepam 0.25 once a day and cereflo four ml twice a day. Seizure stopped last one year. But language problem can not develop.
My daughter is suffering from cerebral palsy. We r giving her occupational therapy but she is not responding well. We r frustrated.
I have burning sensation in my left hand finger, sometimes on right side leg finger etc. Can you please help me. Also pain in left neck vain, some tightness feeling at left side of chest.
Sir i'm suffering migraine from last 2 months. I have checked so many doctors. But i'm not giving any results from they. I take ultracet frm 10 days.
I am 22 years old female, and I get frequent migraine headaches almost everyday, I work 8 hours a day on the computer and just recently I got my eyes checked and got glasses for the computer screen, but the headache seems to continue and for that I take table "Nise" and my headache stops sometimes but sometimes it just continues and doesn't stop. Is there something that I have to worry about?
How can you treat insomnia naturally? After one is treated for depression? Due to the depression treatment the patient was on some sedative medicines.
If you have noticed your child to be restless and anxious all the time, it might look cute as the child is highly energetic, but it could be a cause for concern at the same time. It is not normal and the child could be having ADHD that is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. As the name suggests, it is a disorder with deficiency of attention and in which the child is always hyperactive.
ADHD is a disorder in which the symptoms usually show up before the age of seven. It is characterized by a group of behavioral symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. The impact of these symptoms is felt extensively where his overall self-esteem is affected, be it at home, preschool or school, academics or extracurricular activities and in interpersonal relationships.
The most common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
- Inability to hold attention: The child's attention span is very short and it is very difficult to keep them engaged on one particular thing.
- Increased restlessness: The child would be extremely restless and gets distracted easily.
- Fidgeting: The child would be seen constantly fidgeting with his fingers.
The following are the less common ones:
- Learning disability is rare, but can happen. However, the good news is that it does not affect the child's intelligence.
- Sleep disorders
- Difficulty in following directions
- Poor executive functioning skills
- Disorganization, which can lead to poor motor coordination and impaired movements
- ADHD kids tend to forget things very easily and need help with coordinating movements
- The child suffering from ADHD could easily tire and/or feel lethargic with very low energy levels. This can lead to the child procrastinating things and not wanting to do things on priority basis
- These children also have difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills and so there is delay in their overall participation in games.
While these are the pressing symptoms of ADHD, occupational therapy can play a significant role in managing the child in the following ways. As a first step, the caregiver should have a detailed discussion with the school staff and any other people with whom the child interacts significantly.
This will help identify areas that need support from an Occupational Therapy, which are the following:
- Support with gross and/or fine motor skills
- Support with improving handwriting
- Support with engaging in playing sports and games
- Support in engaging in social activities
- Improving sensory processing difficulties
- Improving visual perception
- Support in adapting to the environment
- Teaching strategies to participate in various social and academic activities
So, while an ADHD child is definitely a cause for concern, proper support from family can help manage the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.