Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
One side of my face ie right jaw side is getting abnormal swelling on enquiry online suggested me to consult endocrinologist.
How to get rid of gums pain, daily at the time of brushing bleeding takes place from my gums? please help me.
On 26 -12-2016 at 2 pm my tooth was extracted. How many hours I should not smoke after tooth extraction.in how many hours can I smoke and can I drink whiskey with soda please reply.
I brush my teeth two times a day but in the bottom of my teeth there is yellowish type something which looks bad and also irritate me same problem at the back of the teeth.
A missing tooth can be responsible for causing different health issues. Along with these, a person loses his ability of chewing with missing teeth, develop problems related to speaking and his overall facial appearance also gets affected.
In case of a missing tooth or several missing teeth, it is best advised to get dentures fitted. Dentures are false teeth, which are fitted in the oral cavity in place of lost natural teeth.
Here are several reasons why it is important to fill up a missing tooth:
- Shifting of tooth: When a tooth is lost, the surrounding teeth start drifting or moving in the open gap where the lost tooth used to be. The surrounding teeth are shifted out of the alignment. This affects the appearance of your face, and your teeth seem crooked and misplaced. It is necessary to replace a missing tooth with dentures in order to restrict the shifting before it is too late.
- TMJ Syndrome: After a tooth is lost and the surrounding teeth start shifting, the alignment is changed. This gives rise to problems with biting and creates issues with the jaws. The upper jaw and the lower jaw fail to meet correctly, and this causes strain and damage to the jaw joint. This phenomenon is called TMJ syndrome.
- Decay of tooth and gum diseases: After the shifting of surrounding teeth when a tooth is lost, the teeth alignment changes. This makes it difficult for a person to reach several areas in the gum with a toothbrush or floss. This makes plaque and bacteria accumulate in that area and they cannot be reached or cleaned. Tooth decay and gum diseases or periodontal diseases that are likely to affect those spots. These diseases and disorders cause further tooth loss.
- Alteration in facial appearance: A missing tooth should be replaced properly and a dentist must make sure that the root of the missing tooth is removed. In case the root is not removed totally, bone deterioration is likely to occur. Bone loss occurs in the jaw area, and this may result in a change or alteration in your facial appearance. A timely replacement of a missing tooth will prohibit bone loss from the jaw area, and you will be saved from any kind of alteration in your facial appearance, which might affect your looks and self-esteem greatly.
A missing tooth should never be ignored and in case you lose a tooth, you should see a dentist as soon as possible. By filling up a missing tooth, you will be able to save yourself from several issues related to the mouth and gums.
Sir maine apko phle bhi likha tha. Maine ek teeth niklwaya tha ab waha ek gaanth ho gyi hai. Xray bhi kraya usme kuch nh aaya. Doctor ne kaha ki infection andar tk ho gya tha. Kuch din me khud thik ho jayega. But ab bhi ganth h isme. Kbhi ye chhoti hoti hai. Kbhi badi ho jati hai. Mai kya karu? please suggest me.
Excessive saliva formation in my mouth due to which I face problems in speaking and I have a problem of ear wax so what should I do?
I am 28 years male. Suffering from dental pain at left upper m1 and m2. The dentist took the xray and explained as m2 is completely infected and m1 is infected but in the outermost layre of enamil.
Mouth smelling because of small food particles stuck in throat and feeling little inconvenience. How to get rid of it. Should I contact doctor or is there any home remedy. Please help me. Thanks,
I went to dentist to put braces And he said we have to extract 4 teeth's So any side effects if I remove 4 teeth's.
Your smile holds great importance as it is one of the first things that a person will notice about you. A smile can leave a long lasting impression on people and is very important for self-esteem and confidence. Smile makeover is a process, which considers your facial appearance, tone of skin, color, width, length or shape of your teeth along with the gum tissues and lips in order to improve your smile. A smile makeover can be done according to your preference and choices.
Here are the areas on which a complete smile makeover concentrates and improves upon:
- Teeth Color: For a perfect smile make over, natural, composite restorations can be used to replace silver and amalgam dental fillings. Teeth whitening process can be undertaken to improve upon the color of the teeth, which are stained or dull. The color and shade of teeth are taken into consideration for several things such as crowns, bridges or dental implants. White, glossy teeth give a youthful, fresh smile. The whitening is done to such an extent that it complements your other features.
- Spacing and Alignment of Teeth: Teeth which overlap each other, have gaps in between or have a crooked appearance can be straightened, and the alignment can be modified by orthodontics or invisalign.
- Replacing Missing Teeth: Missing teeth affect your appearance and your smile by a great deal. The risk of tooth decay is also enhanced. For an ideal smile make over, missing teeth should be replaced with dentures, bridges or other modes of dental implants.
- Balancing Uneven Teeth: In case of uneven or chipped teeth with cracks on them, you can undergo cosmetic correction procedures to make your teeth appear balanced. In case you have a gummy smile, you can undergo recontouring procedures for improvement of your smile.
- Modifying Lips and Cheeks: An unshapely face with wrinkles makes your smile unpleasant. This can be corrected using several procedures, which include orthodontics and oral maxillofacial surgery. Correction of your lips and cheeks will improve your smile to a great extent.
- Tooth Length: Long teeth are responsible for a fresh, youthful smile. In case of short teeth, smile makeover techniques such as reshaping or lengthening of teeth can be undertaken. This will improve your smile. The proportion of your teeth can also be corrected to give you a perfect smile. The texture of the teeth can also be modified as a part of the smile makeover.
Treatments Used for Smile Makeover:
- A dentist can use an entire range of treatment to achieve your ideal smile makeover. These include:
- In-office, professional teeth whitening, Can brighten teeth up to 9 shades in a single visit
- Porcelain veneers, Thin, natural-looking, ceramic shells that mask imperfections such as cracks and chips
- Dental crowns, Tooth-shaped prosthetics that go over misshapen or worn teeth
- Invisalign, Clear, removable, custom aligners that gradually straighten minor alignment issues
- Dental bonding, Resin bonded to teeth that conceal cracks, gaps, and chips
- Gum contouring, Removing excess gum tissue to improve appearance and conformity of smile
A complete smile makeover allows you to correct and improve your smile, according to your preference. This process involves several cosmetic methodologies, the proper execution of which gives you an enhanced smile.