Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
I am suffering from dry cough and having congestion in my heart. I am having difficulty in inhaling. It generally happens whenever I come in contact with dust, old books and other older materials.
I am 18, years old. I sneeze after waking up and after bathing and I have cough for a long time. I use home remedies but it gets down and again starts. I have cough for a long time. Please help me.
Hi, I have bronchitis problem from last 10 years I activates in cold season and results me in sneezing, cough and most importantly with breathing problems as I whistle while I breathe I am taking medicines like: Tab deriphyllin retard 150 and syrup brozeet both medicines gives me relief for some time. I find very difficult to climb stairs and feels very problem in just 2 floors. I was a smoker for last 3 years, however I have stopped smoking completely since last 2 weeks. Please suggest what to do?
I am a 23 years old male. I am suffering from pulmonary tuberculosis. From last 1 and half months. I have recovered well so far. But I am going through some mental issues. I am having negative feelings in my body that I am going to die in any moment. I am trying to overcome it. Please advise any solution.?
Dear sir My son is suffering from tonsil problem since a long time and he is getting best treatment from the Doctor.But as the treatment completed the same problem comes within fifteen days or a month later. So you are requested to advise the best treatmebnt for my son.Age of my son is about ten years. Thanking you Best regards.
Wbc count 14700, mountax test 8 mm, x ray normal, scanning normal, thyroid normal, is this case of t b, no wt loss.
illdefined haziness is seen in the maxillary sinuses bilaterally suggestive of sinusitis the nasal septum is deviated to tge right no other significant abnormality is noted. this is what my reports states. what does this means.n what i have to do
I have cough from last 4 weeks. I took medicines from doctor. But not improvement. What should I do?
I have sinus problem. Now it has become worse. What r the precautions that I must take in order to avoid sinus?
I'm 19 years old. I'm having tonsil stones and problem in swallowing. Its going severe day by day. Every time I feel like something is sticking at my throat. What should I do?
Common cold and cough is one of the most common viral illnesses that have no specific treatment. Allopathic medicines provide palliative cure to just treat the symptoms, there is no definite antiviral for it. There is also popular belief having cold once or twice a year is a good way to cleanse the body. On the contrary, cough and cold could be the first symptoms of a serious underlying disease like pneumonia. From that angle, it is better to treat it than to just let it run its natural course. Especially in children and elderly, it can be chronic issue with repeated bouts and therefore, treatment becomes mandatory.
The good news is that homeopathy provides a cure for this, that not just treat external symptoms. Also, like any other condition, homeopathy looks at treating the whole myriad of associated symptoms, thereby providing holistic treatment. Below are 5 common homeopathic remedies for chronic cough and cold:
1. Aconitum or Aconite: Used in the early stages of a cold that was sudden in onset and severe. There could be associated nasal discharge, fever and chills, chest congestion, itchy throat, and a traumatic experience. The person may also feel thirsty, anxious, and agitated.
2. Allium Cepa: Severe burning and watery eyes, nasal irritation, copious amounts of discharge, hoarseness, and headache. The runny nose improves in open air, but worsens when being indoors.
3. Arsenicum album: The patient usually has complaints on the right side including watery nasal discharge, weakness, restlessness, chills, thirst. The discharge can irritate the upper lip and nasal mucosa. The cold gradually moves to the throat and the irritation also shifts down (this phase requires a different treatment).
4. Belladonna: When the cold has a sudden onset with red face, high fever, cold feet, this can be used in the early stages of the cold. There is associated high fever, tickly throat, glassy eyes, dry cough, restlessness, and delirium
5. Euphrasia: Burning eyes and profuse nasal discharge lead to reddened eyes and cheeks. More common in children, the condition worsens in open air, at night, and while lying down. The cough then moves down into the larynx, produces a harsh, hoarse voice.
6. Pulsatilla: Yellow or greenish mucous, nasal congestion, mouth breathing are some symptoms where this is used. It is very commonly used in newborn babies, if the discharge colour is green or yellow. Associated symptoms include moodiness, easy crying, craving for attention, easily hurt and sensitive.
Homeopathy does 'cure' the cough and cold in patients, in the true sense of the word. That provides palliative care and holistic treatment of the condition too.