Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madurai Meenachi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Madurai MeenachiYour feedback matters!
My wife period start on 20 and ends on 21 of the month which is the day to have unprotected sex and not a chance of pregnancy.
I was 10 weeks pregnant in the month of march I did a scan and the result was blighted ovum Today again am 10 weeks pregnant I went for a scan and the result is blighted ovum again. What do I do? Can I still be pregnant again?
- Iron is a major component of hemoglobin that carries oxygen to all parts of the body.
- Women need more iron than men to makeup for the amount of iron they lose in their menstrual period.
- Iron deficiency is the most common nutrient deficiency in women. Insufficient iron can lead to anaemia. Common symptoms of anaemia include tiredness and breathlessness. Iron is especially important during pregnancy.
- Iron absorption can be impaired by alcohol, the tannic acid in tea,etc. Hence avoid drinking tea while consuming any iron source food.
- Sources of iron: Red meat, chicken and fish, Fortified cereals, nuts, leafy green vegetables.
- Role of Vitamin C: Drinking citrus juice or eating other foods rich in vitamin C at the same time that you eat high-iron foods, enhances the iron absorption.
- Vitamin C food sources: Broccoli, Kiwi, Leafy greens,Oranges,Tomatoes, etc.
Antioxidants: What are they?
Antioxidants are free radical scavengers known to enhance our immunity. We know that fruits and vegetables with vibrant colors are great sources of antioxidants. Many times we wish that foods that taste delicious were as healthy as these fruits and veggies. Here is something to cheer you up. The foods listed below are not only tasty but also rich in antioxidants.
Antioxidants and their sources:
- Eggs: Egg yolk contains an antioxidants called “lutein”. Lutein is known to prevent muscular degeneration and cataracts. Though the lutein content in yolk is lesser than the lutein content of the green leafy veggies, but according to some studies the lutein from yolk is more effectively absorbed due to the fat content of the yolk.
- Tinned beans: Tinned beans contains phytochemicals. Phytochemicals repair damaged dna and also neutralize free radicals. Small red beans, dark kidney beans and black beans are rich in antioxidants. You can now enjoy your baked beans with a touch of health.
- Whole grain pasta/noodles: These whole grain dishes contain polyphenols. Polyphenols are strong anti-cancerous elements. Whole grain pasta and noodles contain 3 to 4 times more antioxidants than the regular ones. In combination to antioxidants these foods also contain good amount of fiber that help in regulating cholesterol levels.
- Yogurt: There is an additional health benefit to this yummy delight. Although it does not directly contain any antioxidants, it does contain riboflavin which enhances or promotes the activity of antioxidants glutathione. Riboflavin being a water soluble vitamin b, it easily flushes out of the body. You need to consume yogurt on a daily basis to be benefited.
- Organic milk: Organic milk is the milk obtained from cows that feed on organic food. The antioxidant value of this milk is 40 to 50 times greater than the cows raised in a conventional manner. Antioxidants like vitamin e, lutein and beta carotene are present in it. Organic cheese and butter are other options you may choose.
- Popcorn: Popcorn is not only a fast and favorite snack, but it also is good in its fiber and antioxidant content. A study carried out by the university of scranton revealed that the whole grain snack foods such as popcorn have surprisingly high levels of polyphenols which have anti-cancerous properties.
- Natural sweeteners: Natural sweeteners like honey, maple syrup, molasses, brown sugar contain good amount of anti oxidants. Darker the color of honey, greater is its antioxidant content. The non-commercial varieties of honey contain poly phenol. Adding these natural sweeteners in your dessert instead of table sugar does have some added benefit.
- Canola oil: Canola oil contains alpha-tocopherol. Alpha-tocopherol prevents the oxidation of bad cholesterol (ldl), preventing the release of free radicals. No wonder canola oil is considered to be heart-healthy oil.
My cousin is diagnosed with chemical imbalance in neurotransmitter from two months. Doctor has advised her medicine risperdal 1mg. After 10days she was fine. Her response was good by taking this medicine at night. Now almost one and half month she is taking and She is getting better day by day. She is 18 Year old. She is studying, watching TV, going for walk and going for dance as well but her energy is low as it was before. Kindly suggest what we HV to do to bring that energy level.
Sir women's ki normal delivery hone ke kitne din baad sex kar sakte hain? Aur agar delivery hone ke 20 din bad sex karte hain to koi problems ho Sakti hai kya.
Hello Dr. my last period date is 21 October and it lasts till 24 October. My husband meets me on 29 and 30 October but he use condom. On 31 October he doesn't use anything becoz he don't want to use condoms. So I want to ask is it chance for pregnancy can I take I pill and is I pill tablet is save to use kindly reply as soon as possible. Thanks and regards.
A. Ayurveda is an art and science of healing, a way of long, happy and healthy living. It literally means'to know about life.
Q. How it is defined?
A. It is defined as one which informs to look after the welfare of all human beings in particular and beings in general with regard to their physical, socio-cultural and spiritual well being.
Q. What is its antiquity?
A. It existed right from the beginning of life on the surface of this globe, in some systematize form. A systematize knowledge of ayurveda came into existence thousands of years before christ (b. C.).