Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madurai Meenachi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Madurai MeenachiYour feedback matters!
Mai pregnant hun nd meri due date 18th Sept ki thi bt abhi tak delivery nhi hui Dr. bol rahe hy 14 days wait karne uske baad v nhi hua to scissoring last option hy bt utne din tak wait krna sahi rahega bacche ko to prblm nhi hogi na birth ke tym ya birth ke baad please suggest me bacche ka movement v normal hy.
My friend she used to have a normal menstrual cycle of 28 days. She got intimate with her boyfriend in Oct after which she took I pill on 25oct. After which which she had her periods on 2 nov unlike her normal date of 15. Again on 19 Nov she had her menses which ended on 23 nov.(this date was in sync with her usual cycle) They again got intimate on 25 Nov but as they did use protection she didn't consume any pill. Today she is complaining of sore breasts and some sort of elevations on the areola. Was the bleeding on 2 Nov a side effect of the drug? If considered so then 25 Nov would have had been a safe zone. Sore breasts can be simply a pre-period thing? Recently she has also been complaining about hair fall, dryness of skin, having episodes of feeling of fainting but not actually fainting, postural hypotension. Are all these suggestive of some other condition?
Your nail health might serve as a primary indicator of your overall health. Your nails need proper care to remain strong and healthy. If you notice dents or ridges on them, then it might indicate an underlying medical condition , which would require prompt medical attention. Healthy finger nails are supposed to be smooth and uniform in color with no spots or discoloration. Sometimes, there can be development of harmful vertical ridges from the tip of your nail till the cuticle, which can become more prominent as you grow older.
There are many ways to keep your nails clean and healthy:
- Good nail hygiene: You should always use good quality sharp clippers or manicure scissors. The proper way to cut your nails is to trim the nails straight across and then round the tips in a gentle curve.
- Keep fingernails dry and clean: You can prevent the growth of bacteria under your fingernails if you keep them clean. Wear a pair of cotton lined rubber gloves while performing activities, such as using harsh chemicals or washing dishes.
- Biotin supplements: Biotin supplements can increase the thickness of your nails and also prevent splitting and breaking. Biotin is a member of the vitamin B family and helps the body to convert food into energy.
- Don’t go for professional manicures: Going for professional pedicure or manicure on a regular basis can make your nails dry and brittle. Another way to remedy the problem is to take your own tool to the manicure salon, which reduces the chance of infection. Regular professional manicure can make you suffer from nail bed infections, which can be chronic in nature.
- Avoid acetone: Using acetone based polish removers, will strip your nail of the essential nutrients in due course of time thus, making them brittle.
- Don’t bite: Avoid biting your fingernails as this can damage the nail bed. Bacteria or fungi can enter through a small cut along the fingernail, which can cause an infection.
- Do not ignore minor problems of the nail: If you have some infection in your nails which doesn’t seem to go away, then there are chances of the infection being a result of some other underlying health condition. You should immediately get the problem evaluated by a doctor or a dermatologist.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 17 years old girl. Yesterday I had physical relation with my lover. My lover didn't use any condom and he ejaculate inside my vagina. What should I do to avoid pregnancy?
I am 22 years old, is it safe to use birth control pills regularly to avoid pregnancy? Despite using protection I do take a contraception is that okay? What step should be taken to avoid pregnancy in combination to protection?
I am 30 years old. I want to go for a pilgrimage. I am on my first day of my periods. How to stop it immediately?
Hello, i'm 27 years old. I'm married. Before marriage my weight was 55-60 around. After marriage I lost my weight too much. From last four years I lost 20 kg, now i' m 37 kg. Due to all this, I faces lot of problems such as weakness, white discharge and low hemoglobin. In every 15 days I took iron glucose due to my weakness and my diet is veg and non veg both. So please give me suggestion to my health. To become healthy.
My mensuration cycle is of exact 28 days but since april I bleed for 1-2 days for a month and for next month I bleed for full 4-5 days. And again next I bleed for 1-2 days. And this is still going so. I usually bleed for full 5 days from the starting of my periods since teenage. Is there any problem .please guide me.
Many people suffer from a low libido problem. This can be a problem for their partners as well as for themselves. A low sex drive can also reduce one's self-esteem and confidence. In severe cases, it also leads to depression.
Factors which cause low sex drive:
- Sexual problems: Many sexual problems also lead to a low sex drive. An inability to experience orgasm even after a lot of attempts can make one indifferent to sex. Some people also experience pain because of a tight vagina. In such cases their desire to have sex reduces greatly.
- Medical diseases: Many medical conditions also affects your libido, such as cancer, arthritis, blood sugar (diabetes), artery diseases, high blood pressure and neurological diseases.
- Medications: Some people suffer from depression and anxiety disorders. To get over these disorders most doctors prescribe them antidepressants and anti-anxiety pills, these medications create a very low libido.
- Habits: Many lifestyle habits such as over-consumption of alcohol can make your sex drive reduce a lot. Smoking also decreases the blood flow in your body which may make your libido fall.
- Surgery: Reconstructive surgeries such as breast reconstruction surgery and genital tract surgery can also affect sexual desire and give your body signals to not engage in an intercourse.
- Fatigue: Tiredness because of physical activities or caring for your old parents or young children can also make you uninterested in sex. Your body and brain might not have the energy to engage in an intercourse due to fatigue.
- Menopause: The levels of estrogen reduce greatly during menopause. Low estrogen levels make your vagina dry hence sex can be uncomfortable and painful. Women also go through hormonal changes which make them suffer from a low libido.
- Pregnancy: After pregnancy, breastfeeding your baby becomes an everyday activity. This can reduce sexual desire because of the pressure of caring for a new born baby.
Regular exercising complemented with enough sleep is known to reduce stress thus giving you a high sex drive. Avoid consuming alcohol. Testosterone replacement therapy (a therapy used for treating erectile dysfunction) also treats low desire. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!