Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madumathi Hariprasad
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Madumathi HariprasadYour feedback matters!
She is my wife. She is pregnant some 20 days. Her age is just only 18 and my 20 I do not want to be a father in this age I am studying now. What should I do for abortion immediately and what about pills?
I am newly married n wants to know which regular basis contraceptive pill is more safe means without side effect n effective too.
Hi, I am gaining weight continue approx. 12 kg and i am not eating something like fast food so much but still i am gaining weight, And this month my periods get delay for 1 week. So can it be thyroid. Am facing pain in my knee, hair fall and face swelling, so tell me what it is?
Reflexology says that foot massage aids in releasing the blocks that hold the energy from flowing through the body. Known by the name, Padabyang in Ayurveda, the massaging of the feet at specific points have many health benefits, and at the same time, helps in the curing of some diseases as well. Ayurveda considers feet massage as a beneficial therapy that offers amazing health benefits.
What are the advantages of feet massaging at night?
Any kind of massage contributes to enhancing your well-being and feet massage is no different. The massaging of the feet at night without fail has several benefits that are as enumerated below:
- Relaxation: Massaging the feet at night gives a perfect relaxation and helps you to cope with the long and tiring day. It is simply a great way for the reduction of stress and feels relaxed.
- Improving blood circulation: We all know that a good blood circulation is an essence of maintaining good health. If blood cannot circulate freely, it may give rise to many health problems. A foot massage at the specific point before going to bed significantly helps in the improvement of the flow of blood.
- Good sleep: Massaging the feet at night plays a crucial role in having a good night’s sleep which is extremely beneficial for good health.
- Reduce PMS: Pre Menstrual Syndrome abbreviated as PMS is a difficult battle that all women have to deal with. PMS causes a lot of pain accompanied by a lot of physical changes. To effectively deal with PMS feet massaging at night is an excellent option.
- Reduce pains and aches: Massaging the feet every night before going to bed is a very effective way in the reduction of various types of pains and aches of the body. A proper and regular massage is recommended in this situation for more effective relief from pains.
- Good for headaches and migraines: Another amazing benefit of feet massaging at night is that it helps to give you a great relief from headaches and migraines. It gives you a quick relief and most importantly without taking any medicines or having to face any other side effects.
- Reduces heel pain: Many experience difficulties with heel pain in the morning after waking up. Feet massage at night before going to bed is a great way for the reduction of pain in the heels. At the same time, it also helps to deal with pain from flat feet.
- Fights depression: A feet massage at night time also helps to fight depression effectively, and in this case, it is recommended to give a self-massage.
Thus, a foot massage at night is highly beneficial, and Ayurveda encourages massaging with oil as the benefits are multiplied when the foot is massaged with medicated oils. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
An anal fissure can affect people of all ages, and it’s often seen in infants and young children. Constipation is a common problem in this age group and it is a major cause of this problem.
An anal fissure usually isn’t a serious condition. In most cases, the tear heals on its own within four to six weeks. In cases where the fissure persists beyond eight weeks, it’s considered chronic, or long term.
- A visible tear in the skin around the anus
- A small lump of skin just next to the tear
- A sharp pain in the anal area during bowel movements
- Streaks of blood on stools or on wiping
- Burning or itching around the anus
- Straining during childbirth
- Straining during bowel movements as a result of constipation
- Chronic constipation
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Overly tight anal sphincter muscles
In rare cases, an anal fissure may develop due to:
- Anal cancer which occurs due mostly to ano-receptive sex without barrier protection
- HIV infection
Let’s take a closer look at these risk factors.
- Anal fissures are common in infants and young kids. Older adults also become prone to anal fissures as the blood flow to the anorectal region decreases.
- Women also become prone to these fissures due to straining during childbirth.
- The inflammation that occurs in the intestinal lining in people with IBD makes the tissue around the anus more prone to tearing, further causing fissures.
- People who frequently experience constipation are at an increased risk for fissures. Also, one can suffer from fissures due to straining and passing large, hard stools. In both these cases, one may experience tears in the anal lining.
- Frequent diarrhea can also tear the skin around the anus and so can ano-receptive sex without protection. This can lead to sexually transmitted diseases like genital herpes, HIV/AIDS and infection with HPV virus which causes anal cancer.
Treatment usually helps control anal fissures and the discomfort it causes. Your doctor will prescribe stool softeners and topical pain relievers to stem discomfort. However, if these do not make your anal fissure go away then surgery may be required. And in addition to this, your doctor will also need to look for other underlying causes that can cause anal fissures like for example anal cancer.
- An anal fissure can be diagnosed by simple physical exam. The doctor looks at the area around your anus and follows it up with a rectal exam to confirm the diagnosis.
- This can mean the use of an anoscope. In this, the doctor inserts an anoscope into your rectum to be able to see the anal tear.
- An anoscope is a thin tube and it allows doctors to inspect the anal canal. An anoscope is also used to diagnose other causes of anal or rectal pain such as hemorrhoids or piles. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
On 1st september night I had unprotected sex But my partner didn't came inside me I had my period from 24th to 28th August. I haven't taken any pills. Is there any chance I can get pregnant?
Healthy eating is not about strict dietary limitations, staying unrealistically thin, or depriving yourself of the foods you love. Rather, its about feeling great, having more energy, improving your health, stabilising your mood. If you feel overwhelmed by all the conflicting nutrition and diet advice out there, you're not alone. It seems that for every expert who tells you a certain food is good for you, you'll find another saying exactly the opposite.
What you can do:
1. learn how your diet affects your mental as well as your physical health
2. set yourself up for success by making changes gradually
3. don't think of food as" off limits"
4. reduce your portion sizes -and fill up with more fruit and veg
5. learn to spot hidden sugar in your food and avoid it
6. differentiate between healthy and unhealthy fats
7. find out how fiber intake can fill you and help lose weight
8. drinking plenty of water and keeping well hydrated
We all know that eating right can help you maintain a healthy weight and avoid certain health problems. Studies have linked eating a typical western diet filled with processed meats, packaged meals, takeout food and sugary snacks with higher rates of depression, stress, bipolar disorders and anxiety. Eating an unhealthy diet may even play role in development if mental health disorders such as alzheimer's disease and schizophrenia or an increased risk of suicide in young people.
Instead if emphasising one nutrient, we need to move to food based recommendations. What we eat should be whole, minimally processed, nutritious food as close to its natural form as possible.
- Eat breakfast and eat smaller meals throughout the day
- Avoid eating late at night
- Cut back on sugar
- Moderation and not feeling stuffed is the key to a healthy diet
- We need a balance of proteins, fat, fiber, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals to sustain a healthy body.