Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madiyalagan
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. MadiyalaganYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor I am male 32 years old my weight is 82 kg and I have a big belly. As of which I have backache also. Please suggest a diet plan I should follow to reduce this.
I am suffering from back pain last more than 2 months, now a days also felling knee veins are tight at morning time taking treatment from homeopath medicine ,last month kindly suggest me what are the suggestion from your side.
The human body is a great marvel. You can’t imagine how each part works and the shoulder is one of the most vital parts of the body. You need your shoulders to move your arms, to write, raise hands, pick things up, do workouts, eat, wash, play golf and cricket, and what not, the list is exhausting. Such a joint overworks tirelessly and is prone to injuries and pain. Just move it consciously in different directions to check its range of motion. If it pains or the movement is restricted, you should get it checked by an experienced orthopedic.
What does your shoulder comprise of?
The shoulder is made up of a group of three bones, the clavicle, scapula, and humerus. These components are popularly known as the collarbone, shoulder blade, and upper arm bone, respectively. Four different muscles form a group and various tendons and ligaments in conjunction with the rotator cuff make room for a ball in the socket. The free movement of the ball is necessary to move the shoulder without any pain or discomfort.
When does shoulder pain appear?
When the muscles around the rotator cuff are weak, shoulder pain may occur. This is, in fact, one of the most common causes of shoulder pain and discomfort. You will feel pain or pinching sensation whenever you move your shoulders. It can be heightened at night and when you are sleeping on the affected shoulder, the pain can be even worse. This weakening of the muscles is called impingement. Over a period of time, this restricts the movement of the shoulder muscles and the shoulder ball. This is not a condition that develops overnight. It is because that you are overworking your shoulder. Aging is another factor that causes this condition. It can also result because of specific occupations, especially the ones that demand to lift heavy weights often.
How to relieve shoulder pain?
Treating shoulder pain at home is possible. But the pain that arises from playing certain sports such as tennis and specific activities such as cleaning the entire house in a day. When you know that you have stressed your shoulder, using ice and heat packs alternatively is a time-tested remedy to alleviate pain. Even rest can ease this sort of pain. You should also never raise the arm over the head when the shoulder is in pain. Bring down inflammation with ice. Never immobilize the arm with a sling. However, if the shoulder pain because of a suspected injury or unknown reasons, it is better to visit a doctor.
Is medication required?
You should rush to the doctor if you feel that the shoulder pain is slowly increasing and is persistent. Whenever you feel pain when raising your hand over the head, you need to be aware that this condition is called frozen shoulder and needs the intervention of a doctor. You cannot find solace with ice in this case.
- Preventive techniques: To prevent shoulder pain, you need to be a bit careful. When you are introduced to a new activity or exercise, do not overdo it. Begin slowly and increase its frequency gradually. For instance, do not play hours of tennis at the novice level. Your coach recommends warm up for the very reason, especially that every muscle of the joint should be prepared.
- Neck and shoulder pain: Shoulder pain does not only result because your shoulder is overworked. It can also result because of your neck. Sleep on a comfortable mattress and use pillows that are not too hard or too soft. Thin pillows are the right choice. Practice neck stretches too. Stress can also be the reason behind pain in different parts of the body and therefore, you should stay relaxed and calm in life whatever the situation may be.
To find out whether your posture is the cause of pain, analyze your habits at work and home. Do not jump to get things from a height. Specific actions such as carrying heavy weights and bowling can also cause pain and discomfort in the shoulder. Review all such activities and find the right way to tackle this. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi doctors, my father age-76 have suffering pain on knee and doctor suggest for knee replacement for gaping. Can you suggest other option to relief him. He is taken pill for pain and many type of balm.
Researchers believe that not much can be done for providing you relief to a great extent, in case you are suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. But, they also say that a lot can be controlled by changing your diet. There are certain foods, which are known to add on to the problem of arthritis. These foods increase the pain of arthritis. However, there are also certain foods, which are known to cause relief to the patients by reducing the pain and getting rid of the factors causing it.
It has been a common practice that people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis (RA) are constantly trying to ease its symptoms with food and by taking dietary supplements. There are several studies that indicate a connection between certain types of foods and the inflammation. This inflammation characterises the autoimmune condition. But, it is always advisable that you must consult your doctor before embarking on a new diet chart or taking supplements. Therefore, the best approach towards curing this disease with the help of foods is to take a well-balanced diet.
Foods that can help fight Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Omega-3 fatty acids: It is important that your diet includes cold-water fish as herring, mackerel, trout, salmon and tuna. These fish have omega-3 fatty acids. This is known to have anti-inflammatory effect on the patient. Fish oil can provide relief in joint pain and help in easing morning stiffness. You may also consult your doctor to know whether you can or should take fish oil supplements. The doctor will prescribe you the dosages, depending upon your joint pain. But you should also remember, higher doses of the supplements can have negative effect. They tend to react with other drugs and increase blood pressure.
- Fibres, Whole grain: You must increase the amount of fibre in your diet. So, don’t forget to eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains. This will help in reducing the inflammation. Fibre is known to lower the levels of C-reactive protein in the patient’s blood stream. It is an indicator for inflammation in the body.
- Extra virgin olive oil: This will reduce inflammation. It works in the similar fashion as non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen works. Researchers believe that virgin olive oil contains a compound called oleocanthal. This compound blocks the enzymes that is known to cause inflammation.
- Vitamin D: You must have foods rich in vitamin D that is usually linked to calcium and provides protection against osteoporosis. Talk to your doctor, if you are needed to have vitamin D supplements.
Foods That Can Cause Inflammation
There are certain foods that can increase the inflammation and the pain. The inflammation is increased by meats, protein-rich foods, like pulses, etc. Also, omega-6 fatty acids containing foods such s corn, soyabean, etc. can make things worse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.