Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Madivanan IlangovanYour feedback matters!
I got swelling on upper lips but there is no pain while opening mouth and no redness. Last night I had chicken in dinner and next morning I got swelling on upper lips which is increasing with time. Please suggest some medicine.
I have liver infection. Because of that I think I have bad breath problem and yellow layer on my tongue. Can you please suggest me something so that I get rid of my bad breath.
Dear sir, i am suffering from a accute problem for the last two months & i contacted with some local doctors & they prescribed me some medicines but there is no cure/relief till date.Actually my problem is that my toung is severely infected with some problem & i am unable to eat spicy & oily food.If i eat spicy food it gives me pain & burn.So iam taking very simple food without spices & oil like a sick man.Due to this i am fed up & become weak.It is not possible for we indians to eat boil meal without oil & spices because we are not accustomed of it.Somehow i expunge my hunger.Please tell me the proper medicines to cure my diseas. I will be very much thankful to you. Regards,
1. Proper brushing: One of the easiest steps to do to help your teeth keep clean. When brushing your teeth, position the bristles at an angle of 45 degrees near the gum line. Both the gum line and the tooth surface should be in contact with the bristles. Brush the outer surfaces of the teeth using a back-and-forth, up-and-down motion, making sure to be done gently in order to avoid bleeding. To clean the inside surfaces of the teeth and gums, place the bristles at a 45-degree angle again and repeat the back-and-forth, up-and-down motion. Lastly, brush the surfaces of your tongue and the roof of your mouth to remove bacteria, which might cause bad breath.
Try to brush at least twice a day to prevent acid buildup from the breakdown of food by bacteria. However, if your work or activities prevent you from doing this, thoroughly rinse your mouth with water after eating to minimize the amount of food that would serve as substrate for the bacteria.
?2. Flossing: We know, it’s a chore and a lot of times forgetful after brushing if rushing out the door or heading to bed. However, flossing can help you remove food particles and other detrimental substances that brushing regularly cannot. Flossing allows you to reach deep between your teeth where the toothbrush bristles cannot reach or even mouthwash cannot wash away. We recommend flossing at least once a day.
3. Avoid tobacco: This will be a big favor to your teeth. One, it will save you from oral cancer and periodontal complications. Two, it will save you from the countless ill effects caused by the agents used to mask the smell of tobacco. For example, if you smoke a cigarette, you may use candies, tea or coffee to mask the smoky breath and odor. This doubles the amount of damage caused.
4. Limit sodas, coffee, and alcohol: Although these beverages contain a high level of phosphorous, which is a necessary mineral for a healthy mouth, too much phosphorous can deplete the body’s level of calcium. This causes dental hygiene problems such as tooth decay and gum disease. Beverages containing additives such as corn syrup and food dye can make pearly white teeth appear dull and discolored. Therefore, it is best to choose beverages like milk, which helps strengthen teeth and build stronger enamel, giving you a healthy, beautiful smile and water which hydrates your body longer than sugary drinks.
5. Consume calcium and other vitamins that are good for the body: You need plenty of calcium for your teeth. It is essential for the teeth as well as your bones. It is better to drink milk, fortified orange juice and to eat yogurt, broccoli, cheese, and other dairy products. You can also take a calcium supplement, taking different doses according to your age and necessity as per prescription. Calcium and vitamin d are necessary for maintaining the health of gums and teeth. Vitamin b complex is also essential for the protection of gums and teeth from cracking and bleeding. Copper, zinc, iodine, iron and potassium are also required for maintaining healthy dental hygiene.
6. Visit your dentist: You should visit your dentist at least twice a year to have a full hygiene treatment performed. Also at these appointments, a comprehensive exam is taken with x-rays to help detect and prevent future dental treatments from occurring.
7. Use mouthwash along side brushing and flossing: Mouthwash is not particularly necessary and not all mouthwashes are useful. Mouthwashes containing Listerine our chlorine dioxide are very helpful because they help to kill and maintain the bacteria in your mouth. It can help maintain good breath as well as help maintain strong teeth. Mouthwash cannot do all the work but if your are already brushing, flossing, visiting the dentist and eating well, mouthwash is the cherry on top that will make your dental health great.
8. Having a toothache or noticing other dental symptoms: ?if you are having tooth and jaw pain make an appointment as soon as possible. Your dentist needs to diagnose the underlying cause and correct it before it turns into a greater problem.
9. Look at the big picture: Everyone understands that you should take care of your teeth to avoid toothaches, maintain your looks and keep dental bills at bay. Many people, however, don’t understand how crucial oral health is to our total health picture. Tooth problems can lead to diabetes, heart disease, systemic infections, an inability to eat or speak properly and other maladies – some life-threatening. Crooked or crowded teeth can contribute to gum disease that can eventually lead to tooth loss. Straight teeth are no longer just for looks.
10. Clean your tongue: ?Clean the surface of your tongue daily. By using a professional tongue cleaner, you remove countless bacteria that otherwise live, particularly on the rougher top surface of your tongue. These can contribute to bad breath (halitosis) and negatively affect your dental health.
My wife is 30 years old and 58 kg in weight. Mostly she has problem in her teeth. And having pain in right side lower jaw. She already have uprooted two jaws. She has tried root canal also but not successful. Kindly suggest some solutions. Thanks. Nawab.
Is it true that brush should be used only once a day. The other time, we should clean our teeth with our fingers as using brush twice a day to clean one's teeth can spoil our teeth?
Mere dant me kafi dino se dard h. Jab me khana khata hun to left side ki daar bahut dard karti h. Mene ek doctor ko dikhaya tha lekin koi aaram nahi wo keh rahe the ki dant sad gaya h please mujhe solutions bataiye.
I have gap in my teeth and I want to put braces on my teeth but my teeth are not much stronger to hold on that, what to do.
My wife 23 year old having yellowish on teeth? How to remove the yellowish spots? What medicines are used to get rid of it?
I am 21 years old. I have tooth ache. I'm not able to eat cold and hot foods. It gives me pain. What to do I don't know. Please help me.
Sir, my Gum has become so weak and the joint between teeth and gum show yellowish. So pls tell me what I would do so that my gum and teeth has to be strong.
How can I whiten my teeth which are effected by chlorine. I mean my teeth's are in yellow, so to whiten my which is the best treatment.
Tooth pains when I touch it with my fingertip (nails) But there is no pain in chewing foods. Only 2-3 upper teeth pains. What to do?
I want a root canal treatment of my tooth, how much would it cost, I want to know, the tooth is no 8, down right side. It has been almost destroyed by the germs and there is a big deep passage inside it, that whenever I eat something, it stuck there so every time I have to remove it by the needle or a pin. Please.
Just as white, straight teeth convey youth, a smile with crooked, discolored, worn, or missing teeth is associated with an aged look.
Keeping a youthful mouth comes down to two simple, proven, and practical steps:
Brush and floss daily
See your dentist every six months.
If there is misaligned teeth get it corrected.
If there is gap between teeth can be corrected by orthodontic or cosmetic correction using crown or dental bonding
If there is stain due to tobacco, smoking get scaling done.
Beautiful smile is add on to your personality visit your dentist and get confident smile