Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MadhusudhanYour feedback matters!
I have blood coming in my stool since 3 days. I am so worried about it. I have a severe headache. Kindly guide me.
I am suffering it all mentioned chronic acne, facial hair, weight gain have consulted many skin doctors they gave me endless medicines but none worked. I'm facing a new pimple every second day on my face. Face which used to be spotless, flawless a crystal clear face which one girl dreams of was mine as a god gift. Don't know what went wrong. Started getting hard hair growth like men's beard on the left and right side of my chin (jawline). Everyday I pluck about 6-8 odd hair from my jawline. Gained weight as well almost 10 kg but since this month only I have started facing irregular periods due to stress can't sleep at night even can't concentrate on my work in office my behaviour has become rude with my family due to frustration related to my health. Girl which use to b pretty enough has almost become ugly to the core need help at the earliest.
I have black skin on inner side of my thigh , it looks like rubbed by inner ware, some times severe itching will happen, some bad smell also coming, I used sipderm cream I cures temporarily , I need permanent solution.
My brother is suffering from lichen planus he has taken treatment since 2 year, but he is not satisfied my question is how long take a treatment for lichen planus.
I have mild prostate enlightenment with residual flood. With mild pain in lower abdomen constipation low urine flow my Dr. Prescribed me medicine. Orni o, rabemac ls, alfatam 0.4, syrup smuth. But not so effective is there any other good medicine? and all other tests are normal i'm just 40 years old don't have any other diseases. Dr. Says there is no need of opration pls suggest me proper n fast effective medicines pls thanxx.
Washing your skin with water is something that you probably do daily, but you may not know at what temperature the water should be. Using water at the correct temperature is advantageous for the skin. Water at extreme temperatures is harmful for the skin as your skin is not designed that way.
The temperature of the water should also depend on the purpose for which it is being used. Here are some tips on how to set the temperature of the water depending on the purpose:
- Showering: While showering, if you are using hot water, then it may strip your skin of its essential oils and make it vulnerable to dryness. This may cause various skin complications, such as cracked and rough skin. Hence, use lukewarm water while you shower.
- Washing your hair: Using hot water to wash your hair may lead to hair damage as it rids your hair of all the essential oils and makes it limp and dull. Lukewarm to normal water is recommended while washing your hair as it will allow the hair to retain its natural oils.
- Brushing: The right temperature of water while brushing your teeth should optimally be lukewarm. Too cold or hot water can lead to teeth sensitivity and cause oral problems.
- Washing your face: Before you apply a cleansing agent on your face, use warm water to wet the face as it helps to open up your pores. After the cleansing agent is applied, then use cold water to wash your face. Cold water helps in closing the pores after the impurities are removed from the skin.
- Shaving: If you are going to shave, then opt for warm water as it opens the pores up and thus makes it easier for the blade to glide through the skin. This also reduces the risk of razor burns on your skin.
- Washing your feet: Wash your feet with lukewarm water as it facilitates dead cell removal and also helps in getting rid of warts.
Ayurveda is a system of medicine that is based on natural herbs and lifestyle changes. It is a holistic method that focuses on rooting out the cause rather than just focusing on the symptoms. This system of medicine is completely natural; hence there are no side effects.
If you wish to keep your skin healthy, then here are some ayurvedic tips to do that:
- Include nuts and seeds: It is very important that you include seeds and nuts in your diet; they contain omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for the body. These foods also help in preventing 'Vata' imbalance in the body and provide good content of healthy fats.
- Include vegetables: Include vegetables like cabbage, broccoli and carrots in your diet as they provide the body with essential nutrients. They contain antioxidants and trace elements such as zinc and folate that enhance your wellbeing.
- Tea: Consume green tea as it helps in boosting metabolism and improving your skin health. Add spices,such as ginger if you are affected by cold and cough, as it helps in alleviating the symptoms. It helps in improving the health of your skin.
- Exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis as it has multiple health benefits. It increases muscle mass in the body and helps maintain optimal weight levels. It also increases blood circulation in the body which is good for your skin. You can do a workout of basic yoga postures to avail the benefits of exercise.
- Meditate: Meditation has been shown to reduce stress levels in the body which is directly linked with skin health. Too much stress may lead to increased production of free radicals in the body, thus leading to skin damage. You may start off with basic breathing exercises, gradually moving on to other techniques such as mindfulness meditation.
- Sleep: Sleep is essential for good skin health as it revitalizes the body. You need to aim for at least six hours of sleep to reap its benefits. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.