Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Madhuri S.BalajiYour feedback matters!
I have been found diabetic 161/327. Pls suggest the diet plan and precautions and necessary to be followed.
Hi, my wife is 6 week pregnant and she is anaemic. She has been having frequent vomiting throughout the day. I am supplementing her with glucose and lime juice along with fresh fruits and dry fruits. Just after taking half vomikind tablet, she is vomiting. please guide me further.
My uric acid innsresses by within 4 days or less I take medicen a lots o medicen from my Dr. Please suggest me what to do.
The thyroid may be a small gland, but plays a large role in the functioning of the body. It is located just below the voice box. Along with producing hormones that help in the transportation of blood, it also helps regulate metabolism, keeps the organs functioning optimally and helps the body conserve heat. In some cases, when the gland produces excessive hormones or when it develops structural problems, it may become necessary to remove the thyroid gland.
There are several ways of removing the thyroid gland. The most common amongst these are:
- Lobectomy: A lobectomy is performed when only half the thyroid gland is affected. In such a case, the doctor will remove only one of the two lobes.
- Subtotal Thyroidectomy: In such cases, the doctor will remove the thyroid gland but leave behind a small amount of thyroid tissue. This tissue can preserve some thyroid function but hormone supplements are often required to supplement the production of hormones.
- Total Thyroidectomy: In cases of thyroid cancer or when swelling and inflammation affects the entire thyroid gland, it may become necessary to remove the whole gland along with all thyroid tissues.
You will need to be admitted into a hospital for a thyroid removal surgery. Once admitted, meet the surgeon and anesthesiologist to answer any questions you may have about the procedure. It is important not to eat or drink anything after midnight on the night before your surgery. The surgery is performed under anesthesia so you will not feel a thing.
Once you are asleep, the surgeon will make an incision in your throat and remove a section or all of the thyroid gland. This procedure can take between 2 to 3 hours. After the surgery, you will be kept in observation for 24-48 hours.
The surgery can result in a slightly raised scar that can take upto 6 weeks to heal. You can resume normal daily activities a day after the surgery. However, it is advised to wait for a week before undertaking any strenuous activities. Your throat may feel sore for a few days following the surgery. This can be treated with over the counter pain medication. You may also develop hypothyroidism.
The most major risk of a thyroid removal surgery is an allergic reaction to anesthesia. Other risks of this surgery are damage to the nerves connected to the vocal cords and damage to the glands controlling calcium levels in the body.
Related Tip: "Diet Tips to Improve the Health of Your Thyroid Gland"
My mother has burning pain while urinating. Urine in drops and in slow quantity at a time. She goes for urination frequently 4-5 times in a hour. In sonography no negative symptoms found. Only blood found in urine which is not seen directly by eyes. Doctors says reports are normal. She is not diabetic. please advice treatment, medicine name to cure. She has allergic asthma problem sometimes.
I have hypothyroidism pls let me know which diet I fallow. Thyroid level I have 7. My weight 65. Hight 5.2.
D/sir. My brother whose age is 37 years .he is facing problem of vitamin d deficiency, uric acid is high, cholesterol level is more than normal. N his doc advice him that he is near to have heart related problem like heart attack. Sir its a humble request that pls advice how to cure all these problems n what better food or something will cure him fast as he is the only earning member in the family . Please tell.
I am 65 years old suffering from type 2 diabetes for the last 30 years. I am under medication. I need specialised opinion to know about the medicines and other general advice.
My father is a sugar patient and his sugar is normal by insulin but on 18th march his foot is burnt by silencer and his heel is 70% burn and it turns in black color and it was very deep burn i. E 2 cm deep and in indore one doctor suggest for surgery, so please suggest me what should I do, there is any other option that burn get automatically heal or surgery is a good option.
Dear Dr. It is said that a cup of garlic juice, ginger juice, lemon juice and Apple cider vinegar boiled and made into three cups and after that adding there cups of honey if consumed daily clears all heart blocks. Can a diabetic patient whose sugar is on border line have? Please let me know this. Thanks and regards. Gautam BHATTACHARJEE.
My father has been diagnosed with diabetes. It has been 5-6 years since. But he is just not getting totally free from this disease we are taking every precaution that we can. Doing whatever the doctor is according to the diet chart. If you could suggest something regarding treatment or diet it would be very much appreciated.
Infertility is a condition, which is diagnosed as the inability of the woman to conceive a child even after a prolonged duration of unprotected intercourse (for about 6 months to 1 year). This condition can affect both the genders. Infertility might cause immense societal embarrassment for the couple and can mar the joys of a relationship. The causes of infertility in male and female are as follows:
- In males, infertility might stem from injury to the testicles, erectile problems, premature ejaculation, infections due to sexually transmitted diseases, structural deformation of the testicles, little or irregular sperm count and blockage of the ejaculatory duct.
- In females, infertility might develop due to abnormal periods, polycystic ovarian syndrome, diseases which cause inflammation of the pelvis such as gonorrhoea and chlamydia, a disorder in the thyroid glands, blockage of the fallopian tubes and structural deformation of the uterus.
- The common reasons of infertility in both men and women can be attributed to increased body weight, old age, excessive consumption of alcohol, diabetes, mental anxiety, side effect of radiation therapy and prescribed medications.
As it is a holistic mode of treatment, Homeopathy can be used to treat infertility as the preparations do not contain any toxin and has zero side effects.
1. In men, if the reason behind infertility is irregular sperm count, then a prescribed dosage of X-Ray might help.
2. If infertility is caused due to erectile problems along with symptoms of severe mental stress, involuntary discharge of semen and lack of sexual desire, a prescribed dosage of Caladium or Selenium might be helpful.
3. If the discharge from the vagina appears to be acidic which gradually destroys the sperms, Borax might be prescribed.
4. If the woman suffers from episodes of irregular, but enduring menstrual periods, a prescribed dosage of Calcarea Carb might be helpful. If the duration of the periods is short, Pulsatilla might also be prescribed.
5. In women, if the symptoms include a lack of sexual desire along with excessive pain in the vagina during sexual intercourse, Sepia might be recommended.