Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madhuprabhu
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. MadhuprabhuYour feedback matters!
Hi. My great grandmother (85) has been coughing for more than a week. She's not coughing up blood but she coughs until she's red in the face. A wet cough. She is so week she can't hold a proper conversation nor get to the bathroom alone. She has this discomfort feeling around her stomach. Her stomach is abnormally big. I would just like to know what's wrong with her and whether I must take her to the nearest doctor or not. A few months ago we found out that she was accumulating water in her blood and lungs but she is on furrusomide (water tablets). She had hypertension but that was because of the water and is now undercontrol.
Hello Doctor. Thoda SA chalna PR Meri saans fulne lgti h. Mera cholestrol report is Prakar h.Serum colestrol-300 mg/'LDL colestrol-204 mg. Rest are normal. Thyroid test me T4-is-14.3 h. Kya mjhe treatment ki zrurat h. Please suggest me what to do. Which medicine is needed. Mai 100 mg ki thyronorm leti hu. Mera TSH-1.76 h. Kya Mai medicine ki Sahi doze le rhi hu. please tell me. Thank you.
I am a 70 year old man and a COPD patient. I am a smoker by habit. I am diabetic and have high BP but I keep them under control with regular medication. I try to maintain good health by going for morning walk for half an hour and by doing some breathing exercises like PRANAYAMA and others everyday. A week ago I had developed severe throat infection and on doctor's advice I have been using CLAVAM 625 (Amoxicillin and Potassium Clavulanate Tablets) for the past 7 days. Though I am relieved of infectious cough, I am unable to clear the phlegm, which I feel stuck to the walls of diaphragm and while clearing it I get convulsions in the body and feel suffocated and feel like going into unconsciousness which I try to control it with great difficulty. I was also prescribed with apple - N Tablets which I am using it, one at night, but to no avail. Will you please suggest me some good medicine to purge the phlegm from my system. This complaint has been existing in me, since long, regardless whether I have throat infection or not. I want your help Doctor.
What is the main cause of slow heart rate of below 45bpm. I am a patient of bradycardia since 20 years .doctors are advising me for e p study. Sir please Guide me as my age is 54.
My daughter age 8 months old with congenital heart defect, recently echocardiogram report says ostium secundum atrial septal defect sizes of 0.8mm diameter, left to right shunt. No feeding problem. Is it necessary for open heart surgery to close the hole now at these age?
Hello sir, I am 40 year old married woman I have low blood pressure problem last one year what should I do please tell me doctor.
I have gone through these test recently. My triglycerides is 315 hdl 29 ldl 97 vldl 63 and sgot 57 sgpt74. These are worrying sign. I have to take medicine for these symptoms kindly help.
I am 67 years old, wt 57 kg, ht 5'4" suffering with B. P. H. Gr 1 since years 2000 taking Urimax-D hs every day due to this I am suffering with Erectile Dysfunction since 2 yr. I can not use Viagra medicins due to my Angioplasty/ Stent fitting in LAD artery of Heart had done in August 2013. Pl advice me that how I can remove mg Erectile Dysfunction of penis.
My father aged 68 years has been prescribed amtas at in the morning and cresar 80 in evening. Earlier he was on cresar 80 and amlovas 5 but bp was not controlled. I just wanted to know if the combination is safe for person of his age because I have read articles about atenolol not being suitable for elderly. Pls guide. He is not asthmatic. Does atenolol have the propensity to cause cns disturbances?
I am into my 3rd month of pregnancy. I am not able to eat properly and can't have proper intake of liquid due to which I have low BP most of the time. What to do to improve my health?
My chest keeps paining suddenly sometimes, if I drink some water or eat some food my chest keeps paining a lot, what should I do?
I am suffering with chest pain and when ever I check paining hardly in side of the chest nimm infection.
My dad 61 years admitted in hospital peddar road 2 days back was urgently shifted in ICU he had complaints of back pain and chest pain infection in chest. He was in alcoholic influence since 45 years but stopped it completely 20 days back
High blood pressure is a condition which occurs when the pressure of the blood flow through the arteries increases, resulting in intense pressure. Hypertension occurs when the systolic pressure (pressure at which the heart pumps blood) and the diastolic pressure (pressure at which the heart relaxes) is more than 140 and 90 respectively.
Symptoms of high blood pressure are:
- Shortness of breath: If you have high blood pressure, then you may experience regular shortness of breath.
- Headaches: You may experience headaches on a regular basis.
- Weakness of the heart muscles: Hypertension results in a weak heart which may not be able to pump blood properly.
- Narrowing of blood vessels: Narrowing of blood vessels may lead to other complications such as failure of the kidneys, heart, and brain.
- Vision problems: It may lead to vision problems as blood vessels in the eye may be affected.
The various causes of blood pressure are:
- Tobacco: If you smoke on a regular basis, you put yourself at an increased risk of getting affected by blood pressure.
- Lifestyle: Not exercising regularly, eating a sodium-rich diet are all factors which can increase the chances of hypertension.
- Age: The chances of getting affected by hypertension increase as you age.
- Weight: Being excessively obese also increases your risk of getting affected by hypertension.
- Diabetes: Being diabetic makes you more prone to getting affected by diabetes.
- Hyperthyroidism: If you have an overactive thyroid gland, then it may result in hypertension.
Hypertension may result in various health complications in the body such as:
- Aneurysm: This is a disorder of the blood vessels which causes the blood vessels to bulge and weaken.
- Heart attack: High blood pressure causes the arteries to harden and thicken which may lead to a heart attack.
- Metabolic syndrome: This syndrome refers to a group of complications such as high bad cholesterol levels and insulin levels in the body.
- Impaired brain functioning: It may also impair your ability to learn and impact your cognitive skills. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.