Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. MadhubenYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old and a mother of one year old baby. My husband works in Muscat and we haven't had any physical relation after my delivery. My husband is coming for a one week leave during my ovulation period. I don t have copper t and we both are not interested to use condoms. So can you please prescribe any birth control tablet for 1 week.
My wife missed her period by 6 days. We did the urine test but it comes negative. Though we were hoping positive results. We did the test at afternoon after having much fluid. Is there possibility that the result came was wrong bcoz of having fluid. What shud we do next. Her period was due on 20july.
Polycystic ovarian disease (pcod) have multiple small cysts in their ovaries. These cysts occur when the regular changes of a normal menstrual cycle are disrupted. The ovary is enlarged; and produces excessive amounts of androgen and estrogenic hormones. This excess, along with the absence of ovulation, may cause infertility. Other names for pcod are polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) or the stein-leventhal syndrome.
Causes of pcod:
We don't really understand what causes pcod, though we do know that it has a significant hereditary component, and is often transmitted from mother to daughter. We also know that the characteristic polycystic ovary emerges when a state of an ovulation persists for a length of time. Patients with pco have persistently elevated levels of androgens and estrogens, which set up a vicious cycle. Obesity can aggravate pcod because fatty tissues are hormonally active and they produce estrogen which disrupts ovulation. Overactive adrenal glands can also produce excess androgens, and these may also contribute to pcod. These women also have insulin resistance (high levels of insulin in their blood, because their cells do not respond normally to insulin).
Weight loss diet for pcod
In case of pcod, carbohydrate loading is very important to improve insulin sensitivity.
Avoid high glycemic index foods
Include green leafy vegetables fruits
Not all fat is bad and healthy fats are essential for your pcos diet. Essential fatty acids are really important for maintaining the cell wall, which allows nutrients in, and toxins out. They are also vital for hormone balance, weight management and fertility. These healthy fats are found in nuts and seeds, oily fish, avocado and olive oil so be sure to incorporate those into your diet.
6. Adequate quantity of vitamin b and magnesium
Whilst diet is hugely important aspect to tackling pcos, we must not forget other lifestyle changes that will help to overcome pcos and it's symptoms.
Manage stress levels
Share the burden and get good support from your family and friends.
Look after yourself and pamper yourself. We need to reclaim our womanhood and femininity so a little bit of tlc is definitely in order.
There is no magical formula that's going to make us all better. However, by making these diet and lifestyle changes now, we can manage our symptoms and improve our health.
In case of any query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 080 6741 7780 (dial extension: 778).
Mam I don't want to be pregnant soon, please tell me during sex which medicine should I use please tell the medicine name that didn't effect in my body.
My wife's DLMP was 15/2/16. After that we had unprotected sex in next 3-4 days. Her periods have not started till date. Pregnancy test through Preganews kit was done 3 times after 22/3/16 on different days but it was negative. She is breastfeeding baby six months old. Her periods started after 4 months of delivery. Please suggest what to do. We don't want a baby now.
I have pcod problem .my age is 23 and married 2 years. My doctor now suggest a macgest Sr 200 mg tablet for twice a day, was useful to getting pregnant. Pls help me mam.
Special nutritional needs are often required in special circumstances. Unlike adults from 20 to 60, children and elderly people have specific needs as their physical requirements are different. Just like pregnant women need tailor-made diets for their specific needs, children and elderly people also require appropriate diets without too much variation.
The requirement for geriatric or elderly nutrition:
As the body ages, certain functions within are slowed down and thus, the processes are not able to completely recuperate and replenish what was lost. Certain functions are affected more than others and hence, need specific nutrients to regenerate.
Tips for Geriatric Nutrition:
Let's take a look at some of the specific diet requirements as well as certain items, which should be avoided.
1. Consumption of calcium rich foods - Bones are a part of the human body that tend to suffer a lot of wear and tear and they start showing signs of weakening after 60. It is thus, important to replenish calcium in the body to help the bones get their building blocks. Some examples of calcium-rich foods are almonds and green leafy vegetables like kale. Dairy products are also good as long as the fat content within them is low.
2. Keeping the body hydrated - Although physical activity reduces with age, dehydration can still occur within senior people and thus, it is important that they remain hydrated. Simply drinking water may not be enough and juices or other water-rich foods such as watermelons should be used to supplement for hydration.
3. Lessening sodium within the body - The presence of excess sodium in the body can cause blood pressure to shoot up and result in high blood pressure, which may then further result in more ailments like strokes. It is pertinent that foods rich in sodium such a red meats be lessened or cut out of the diet altogether.
4. Lessening sugar consumption or any other foods that may exacerbate diabetes - Another factor to consider is the consumption of sugar and sugar-filled products. Not just for diabetics, but elderly people have a tendency to develop high blood sugar and hence, it is prudent to reduce sugar intake.
I was diagnosed with SLE in 1994. I am on omnacortil 10 mg. I have now been diagnosed with meniers disease and have vertigo. I have small cysts in my left breast and they bleed once in 10 days. I have a poor vision now and am dizzy. please help.
Sir/mam, from past 2 days I am having pain in my nipples. I don't know the reason. It was 16th of July when I had last intercourse and had a 2 days delay period on 10 th aug. Which last for 7 long days. I was facing migraine problem from some days. What could be the reason of this pain. It's really annoying to have this much pain.
Doctor. I am a 21 year old Girl. I was on my periods on 5th October 2016 nd they finished exactly on 9th October 2016. The Next day i.e. On 10th October 2016, Me and My boyfriend did sex three times and used a condom as well. But with a fear of getting pregnant we both decided to give me a pill of unwanted-72 for safer side and I took that pill at that day only. Then on 15th October 2016, again we both did sex twice and used a condom but then again because of the fear of getting pregnant I again took a pill of unwanted-72 with mutual consent. Doctor. My next periods were supposed to come on 4th or 5th November but today is 13 November 2016 and My periods are not coming and because of this thing I am in severe depression. In between the dates of 28th October nd 5th October. I was feeling the pain of coming periods but that didn't came at anytime instead something white transparent kind of gel came out of my vagina on regular days till now and very uneven smell is also felt over my undergarment nd in vagina. I am taking eggs, coffee, garlic, hot water for the periods to come but they r appearing as of no use to me. I also took the tablets of regular Forte for one day which guarantees the coming of periods in 24 hours of taking but it didn't work as well. I also took pregnancy tests 4 times at alternative days with the test kits available in the market (PREGA NEWS, Pii- Prega Test, Alere- HCG one step pregnancy test device) but they all delivered negative results with a red-pinkish line on C alphabet. Now I don't understand why my periods are not coming. Doctor. Please Help me out this stressing situation. Exams are on my head and just because of this thing I am unable to do my studies. It'll be a geat help please Help me out of this. Doctor please suggest me how my periods come?
Avoiding salt, losing weight, eating vegetables and stress relief are quick ways to lower your blood pressure.
Quitting smoking, decreasing alcohol intake, and reducing caffeine consumption are good long-term strategies to lower your blood pressure as well.
Focusing on balanced nutrition and eating foods that are low in cholesterol and saturated fat. These include fruits and veggies, whole grains, and low or no-fat dairy products.
In addition to exercise, other forms of relaxation like meditation or deep breathing are also helpful. Making the right lifestyle choices also helps control blood pressure.
My wife facing too much white discharge problem since from last year. Doctor said she is in chronic. So he 'll applied ray. What should we do now?
My friend had unprotected sex! On 20th day of it's mensuration cycle! How to prevent birth there has been 6 days since she had sex!
Hi Doctor, I am 27 years old Female, married in 2014. We are planning for baby now. But suddenly my weight increased in fast few months. I have been maintaining my weight in 70 kg for past two years. Now my weight is 100 kg. I have tested for Thyroid, but the result shows I don't have Thyroid. I visited gynaec doctor because of my weight increase, she confirmed I have slight pcos and prescribed Glyciphage 1000 mg Folvite 5 mg each day, I am taking it for past two months. Weight remains the same. No reduction in weight. Before taking the tablets my periods are regular even though I have pcos, after taking the tablets my periods got irregular. Now Gynaec Doc prescribed me Obifil diskets tablet. Will this Obifil tablet safe, also help in reduction of weight and in getting pregnant. Please advise me with some tips and revert back asap.
Skin is the most sensitive as well as the largest body organ. Skin problems are very common and can happen to almost everyone, be it a woman or man, and dealing with these problems could be as tough as understanding them. Here are a few very common skin problems that one should know about and can deal with them easily.
- Acne or a pimple is the very common skin disorder that occurs to almost everybody every now and then. It basically happens due to the blocking or clogging of the passageway that connects your skin pores to the oil glands. Face, neck, shoulder, back and chest are some common areas where acne appear. The best way to deal with them is to stay hydrated and maintain a balanced diet.
- Eczema is another skin disease that may occur in children, teenagers as well as adults and is of three types. Atopic dermatitis is the first type and this type is mainly seen in children in the form of itchy rashes behind the knees and in the elbow part. Allergic contact dermatitis is the second type and is seen in early adulthood. Metallic jewellery, cosmetics and fragrances can be the major causes of this type. Nummular dermatitis mostly occurs on dry skin. Coin-shaped patches, itchy skin, redness can be a few symptoms of this type.
- Psoriasis is another skin disorder which basically causes inflammation and scaling. This genetic disease is developed due to the few abnormalities in the immune system. There is no guaranteed way to prevent this disorder. However, this can be treated with a number of solutions including petroleum jelly, vitamin A and various other prescribed drugs and medicines.
- Dark under eye circles is another common skin problem which can be easily cured. You can get rid of these dark circles by eating healthy food, keeping a balanced diet, drinking a lot of water, perform exercises, sleeping early and many others. Intake of cucumber, green tea, etc. can also help you get back your flawless skin.
- The other skin problems that are very common and can occur to anybody include athlete foot, wrinkles, sunburns, groin rashes, skin swelling, staph infections and much more.
The best way to prevent yourself from skin related problems is to eat healthy, take adequate amount of sleep, nearly 7 to 8 hours daily, drink a lot of water, sleep early, live a life stress-free and be happy and positive. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.