Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madhu Bashini.M
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Madhu Bashini.MYour feedback matters!
My father is diabetic! Suddenly yesterday he had vomtings from evening till today morning when he sleeps sideways his head is feeling like moving it seems please anyone help me to know?
Diabetes is a lifestyle disease that usually occurs when the pancreas do not carry out their functions in a proper manner. This leads to excess absorption of glucose from the food consumed by the patient. There are several types and risk factors attached with this lifestyle disease, and it is known as a long-term condition that cannot be fully cured. With homeopathy, the doctors now have a way wherein the symptoms can be contained even as the sugar levels are well-modulated so that over time, the ailment does not become a particularly debilitating one. Here are the ways in which a homeopathic doctor can help you in doing so, by reaching your very root so as to find a way to manage and treat diabetes in a more effective manner.
Managing Blood Sugar Levels- Solutions like Uranium Nitricum, Phosphoric Acid and Cephalandra Indica can be prescribed by a homeopathic specialist so as to help you in managing the blood sugar levels. These are an excellent standalone source, when it comes to keeping the blood sugar level steady and preventing a sudden spike in the same.
Holistic Approach- While homeopathic medicines are usually based on creating a new lifestyle that may accommodate the changes in one’s body due to the advent of a disease like diabetes, it may also be seen that the approach is usually customized as per the body and system of the individual. Before studying the patient’s physiological symptoms or prescribing a medicine, every homeopathic doctor finds out the actual cause behind the advent of diabetes in that particular patient. In this way, these medicines try to maintain harmony in the body, as they usually promote better management of the symptoms.
Constitutional Treatment- In order to prescribe the right method of medication for you, most homeopathic medical practitioners try and understand how you have been built. These doctors move past symptoms and other signs of diabetes and find out if you have a family history of the condition, and how it may have affected those in your family who have previously suffered or have been suffering from the ailment. Based on this evaluation, they reach the very root of the problem and prescribe the right medication for the same.
Promotive Approach- Type 2 diabetes is a kind of diabetes that can be controlled with the help of some changes in one’s lifestyle. Through homeopathy, the doctor will tend to reach out with this kind of deep-rooted and long-term form of treatment so that the blood sugar levels may be contained in an appropriate way. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
1. Foods Belonging to Brassica Family:
Consume foods like cauliflower, brussels sprouts, peanuts, cabbage, broccoli, kale, mustard greens, turnips, rutabagas, soybeans, spinach etc which contains goitrogens.
• Goitrogens helps to block the ability of thyroid to use iodine and hence slows down the activity of the thyroid.
• Eat raw cruciferous vegetables to get maximum benefit as goitrogens are active in the raw state.
2. Include More Berries:
Add at least one serving of berries in your diet plan to control hyperthyroidism.
• Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries contain anti-oxidants which improves your immune system.
3. Omega-3 fatty Acid and Proteins:
Omega -3- fatty acid helps to control the hyper stimulated thyroid gland. Proteins are necessary for the building of muscles and to provide energy for the body. Protein sources also contain l-glutamine which helps in rebuilding the gut and de-inflaming the body.
• Eat cold water fish, flax seed oil and nuts to get the omega-3-fatty acid necessary for the body.
• Include soy, turkey, walnuts, salmon, tuna and trout in your hyperthyroidism diet.
4. Dairy Products:
Hyperactivity of the thyroid gland can remove the calcium from your blood. The body compensates this loss by leaching calcium from the bones. This can cause osteoporosis.
• Include three servings of yoghurt, cheese, milk or cottage cheese in your daily diet.
5. Spinach and Collard Greens:
If you are allergic to dairy products, you can get your daily supply of calcium from vegetable sources like spinach collard greens etc.
• Figs, prunes and sesame seeds are also excellent hyperthyroidism foods.
This is another vital component of hyperthyroidism diet. The hyperactive thyroid gland can deplete the zinc.
• Include almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, peanuts which are rich in zinc in your diet.
7. Fiber Rich Foods and Anti Inflammatory Foods:
Fiber rich foods are beneficial for the proper working of the thyroid gland. Anti inflammatory herbs help to reduce the inflammation of the thyroid which is the reason for hyperthyroidism.
• Include whole grain foods, like oatmeal, whole grain breads, brown rice etc in your food.
• The anti inflammatory herbs to be included in your diet are turmeric, ginger, rosemary, cinnamon and oregano.
8. Antioxidant Rich Foods and Vitamin D:
It is also necessary to consume antioxidants and vitamin d rich foods in the diet. This will reduce the oxidative stress caused by hyperthyroidism. Vitamin D can reduce the inflammation and auto- immune reactions of the body.
• Avocados, olive oil broccoli etc contain antioxidants.
• Salmon is a good source of vitamin D. You can get your daily dose of vitamin D from eggs, mushrooms etc.
• Spend 20-30 minutes in the sun to get the necessary vitamin D for the body.
9. Cassava, Sorghum, and Millet
These food items contain cyanogenic glucosides which blocks the iodine availability of the gland.
• These foods increase the immune function and gives protection from osteoporosis
10. Vitamin C and Vitamin E
These vitamins are helpful in reducing the oxidative stress caused by the hyperactivity of thyroid glands.
• All the citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C.
• Bell peppers, olive oil, wheat etc are a good source of vitamin E.