Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madhu Adhavath
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Madhu AdhavathYour feedback matters!
Respected Doctors, The question I am asking have already been answered sorry for questioning again. Next month I am going to marry so how can I protect my wife by getting pregnant. I have already been answered to use condoms and medicine like I-Pill but I want to know that is there any natural way to have a safe sex so my wife would not get pregnant or which can make less possibility to get pregnant. One more question Are medicines safe like I-pill or any other ,does it has any side effect?
Maine ovulation kit se check kiya but abi tak ovulation nai show kar raha muje pcod bataya tha Dr. Ne but ab period reguler h fir m kya karu ki ovulation time pe ho please help.
At the time of 5 days period there is no chance of pregnancy. Is there any other chance before and after the period not to get pregnant.
The most dreadful part of going to work and coming back home is getting stuck in a traffic jam. Whether you’re driving yourself or being driven home, a traffic jam can sap your spirits and make you feel tired even though you’re not really exerting yourself. According to a recent study, these traffic jams not only increase your stress level, but also make your body susceptible to cancer.
Yes! They can be a major reason behind your ill health
- Bumper to bumper traffic that moves at snail pace can be very stressful, especially if you have to get somewhere at a particular time. The irritation of not being able to move at your desired pace adds on to the million other things going on in your mind. The body reacts to stress by increasing blood sugar and blood pressure levels. Long-term stress can lead to digestive problems, fertility issues ad a weakened immune system, which makes the body vulnerable to other diseases and infections. Stress can also lead to the development of behavior like smoking, drinking and overeating which can increase a person’s risk of cancer.
- Pollution levels are highest at traffic signals and at traffic jams. This is because, at a busy intersection, cars go through various stages such as accelerating, braking and idling in a restricted space. Each of these actions are accompanied with emission of toxic gases and fine particles of matter which concentrate in an area and take longer to disperse. Contrary to popular belief, people in cars can be more affected by these pollutants than pedestrians. This is especially true in case where people have their windows up and fans on as the fans suck in the polluted air leading to a buildup of toxic gases inside the car. When these gases and particulate matter is inhaled, they get stuck in the nose and throat and are absorbed into the bloodstream. Long-term exposure to this can have serious negative effects on the body leading to higher risk of cancer. To avoid this, ensure that the AC setting of your car or fan is set to only circulate air inside the car without drawing in polluted air from outside.
Also, try and find ways to avoid traffic jams. If your office allows, maybe you could try changing your timing a little. Experiment with routes. Often the inner roads have more twists and turns but much less traffic. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
My wife is 39 years age. She is not getting monthly period since 4 months. We checked for pregnancy. Test is negative. What may be the reason for stopping periods.
Having heard about getting any sort of pulmonary disease might give you a nightmare. Well, yes there are pulmonary problems, which are dangerous and become life threatening. Pulmonary hypertension is one such rare disease. It is a type of high blood pressure, which usually occurs in the pulmonary arteries that stream from human heart through lungs. The arteries become narrowed, constricted, which makes the flow of blood difficult through the vessels. As the situation occurs, the heart will have to work more to fix the situation. This causes high blood pressure in the pulmonary arteries. If the condition deteriorates the pressure increases along with risk factors.
Symptoms of pulmonary hypertension:
There are certain symptoms, which people experience under the pulmonary hypertension disease. The symptoms might get unnoticed for years and you might get delayed in treating such problems. This article can help you know about the disease, symptoms and its treatment.
There is a list of symptoms, which can help you understand if you have pulmonary hypertension:
- One of the major symptoms that you may notice is shortness of breath. The arteries and blood vessels which help in flowing blood through lungs help in breathing too. So a narrowed and constricted artery makes the inhalation and exhalation procedure laborious.
- The next symptom that you might notice is fatigue and dizziness. If your lungs are not getting enough blood that means your brain and body are not getting enough oxygen to work. This hinders your body to perform any kind of activities smoothly. This can make you gain weight and increase several risk factors.
- Next, you might feel irregular heartbeat and chest pain. Increased pressure makes the heart work faster than its normal rate. This further makes the heart muscles weaker, and it is not able to control the heartbeat as it used to.
Treatment of pulmonary hypertension:
- Pulmonary hypertension is generally treated with medication and surgery. Depending on its severity, your doctor will prescribe the medicines. Generally, doctors prescribe such medicines, which help in relaxing the blood vessels. The relaxed blood vessels can regulate blood flow easily. All the medicines are generally taken orally or injected or inhaled.
- If you adopt a severe case of pulmonary hypertension, then your doctor might suggest you a lung transplant or a heart-lung transplant.
- Depending upon the type of pulmonary hypertension, your doctor may prescribe you blood-thinning medicines also, if you have blood clots in your arteries.
- In a certain cases, doctors prescribe oxygen therapy, which helps in increasing the oxygen level in blood.
- With the above mentioned methods, doctors ask for a change in lifestyle, which is important in treating the specific disease.