Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Madhu AdhavathYour feedback matters!
What is the correct method to take birth control pill? please suggest effectively pill with no side effect.
What medicine to take to abort one and half months pregnancy and its possible to buy without prescription?
My hcg test on 15th day of et in ivf shows 448.60 mlUI/UI and my doctor its too good report But I am in a dout that is it ok or not. Is it shows that I am surely present with good hcg. please suggest me diet acc.
I Dr. 26.12. 15 I take my last abortion pill. Till nw I nt get my period or bleeding ita jst cum white n transparent discharge n in morning lilblood spot. Hw mush time it takes to cum bleeding please help.
Sir me and my girlfriend had sex 7 days before and had given her unwanted 72. But yesterday she had bleeding and today it had stopped does, it might be around 14th day before her last period. Does she is pregnant I am in doubt? please help me.
M in my periods but m nt having proper bleeding a small droplets of bleeding is taking place can anyone suggest me to improve my bleeding and evn I'm getting rashes over my body my body is becoming red and itching sensation is more.
I am 23 years old woman. While intercourse, initially I have no problem, but after 10-15 minutes vaginal wetness & slipperiness tends to become low, and feel some discomfort. We don't use artificial lubrication. So, How I could be lubricated naturally?
Hello doctor I want to be pregnant My cycle is irregular always I think it is 32-34 days long cycle! My last period was 25th march and today is 5th April I haven't got my period yet. We tried to conceived on my last period. I usually get my period under (after) 10 days from the exact date of my period. But I am not yet got my period it's 12 days late today. I took a pregnancy test on Sunday morning 2nd April but the result was negative. Should I have to recheck again after some days? And how long it take to confirm pregnancy in irregular period?
I am 36 years old male. Please tell me when to have sex to conceive a baby. Before ovlution time or after. When ovlution happens in a woman. Please share the best period of woman to have sex to conceive.
Urinary infection is one widespread disorder that most of the human beings face in the later stages of their lives. The infection is experienced mostly by half of the women and according to statistical data, it has been noted that about 40% of women and 12% of men get infected with urinary infection. Women who are sexually active have more possibilities to get this infection. It is an infection suffered by many people and which is more vulnerable to children and women.
The symptoms that are identified for a person with urinary infection are frequent urination and burning sensation at the time of passing urine. In certain cases, women even experience leaking of urine while sleeping. It is advised not to take this condition casually as it can lead to further complications, and medications need to be taken to reduce the discomfort caused.
Main Causes of Urinary Infection:
- The main reason for urinary infection is the bacterium that moves from the urinary duct to the urinary bladder.
- The other main reasons for urinary tract infection are due to sexual intercourse, pregnancy and diabetes.
- There are chances to get urinary infection if a person has sex with many partners.
- In most women urinary infection is caused due to hormonal imbalance after menopause.
- Women should not hold back the urge for urinating frequently, as it can weaken the bladder and makes it prone to urinary infection.
Treatment for Urinary Infection:
There are simple and helpful home remedies that can be used for the treatment of urinary infection and these include
- It is very necessary to drink a lot of water, as it would help flush the bacteria from the bladder that causes the infection. It is advisable to drink at least 80 ounces of water on a daily basis.
- It is advisable to eat foods rich in Vitamin C as they are helpful in making the urine more acidic, and it inhibits further growth of the bacterium in the urinary tract.
- It is very important that spicy foods and bladder irritants like caffeine, carbonated drinks and artificial sweeteners be cut from the diet to reduce the irritation.
- It is very important to include healthy foods in your diet, and that are high on fiber carbohydrates and helpful in digestive health of your body.
- Herbal remedies can be opted for treatment of urinary tract infection, and the leaves of bearberry are used for this purpose.
- Most importantly, it is very necessary to adopt healthier habits and quit smoking. Women should wear loose clothing and make use of personal hygiene products that are free from any fragrance.
Taking birth control pill or pills like I pill on regular basis is harmful for our health? How can I avoid pregnancy?
I am a 36 years old mother of two children. For last one year I am facing the problem of loose vagina which is affecting my marital life. I also face problem in controlling urine. I tried kegels but in vain. Can I use tightening gels? Please suggest something which will not require going to a doctor.
I am 24 years old woman & my problem is that I think my skin of my private area and thighs is very sensitive as I get rashes very often I don't know because of what. According to my view its because of some fluid discharge from my vaginal the underpants become wet & also because of sweat rashes I get. So, what precautions do you suggest and why is it happening. & which cream do you suggest? is clean n dry cream a good choice? and I also wanted to know that the fluid is the unwanted sperms? or something else? Thanks.
Inflammation in the body is characterized by swollen, red, painful, and even warm skin. Inflammation can occur as acute or chronic inflammation. Acute inflammation occurs immediately and only lasts temporarily. If the culprit is not identified and the issue resolved, the inflammation may become chronic (long-lasting). Psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, and ulcerative colitis are examples of chronic inflammation, being a result of hyperactivity of theimmune system.
Top rich natural anti inflammatory herbs that fight inflammation.
Inflammation, especially chronic inflammation, can be extremely painful and uncomfortable and will lead sufferers to seek a remedy immediately. Fortunately, there are some natural remedies found in herbs that help treat this inflammation.
There is a substance within the herb turmeric called curcurmin which is known to be effective in treating swelling and joint pain. According to some studies, the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric are very similar to the capabilities of motrin and similar medicines that are taken to reduce inflammation. Furthermore, studies have shown that turmeric can reduce pain associated with inflammation. It is important to note that turmeric should not be consumed by pregnant or lactating women or those with gallstones or bile duct problems.
This herb has long been used throughout asia, and especially india, to help treat pain and inflammation. Studies support this belief, showing that a majority of test subjects experience relief from pain and other inflammation-related symptoms after consuming ginger. You can simply incorporate more ginger into your diet, or opt for a ginger supplement, being sure to read the directions for proper dosage.
No, this is not the red licorice you're probably thinking of, but rather the herb in its purest form. This herb is not only an effective anti-inflammatory, but also an effective anti-depressant and anti-fungal herb. Licorice can easily be added to meat, vegetables, tea, or pastries. Studies support the anti-inflammatory properties of licorice; however, it should be noted that licorice should not be taken in excess.
Basil is probably one of the most popular herbs and easiest to add to your diet for treatment of inflammation. Basil works in the same way as ibuprofen and similar medications in that it inhibits a particular enzyme related to inflammation.
Rosemary is rich in flavonoids and a powerful tonic, making it especially useful for use as an anti-inflammatory. Studies suggest that consuming rosemary extract can help protect cellular membranes from inflammation. While it should not be used in excess by pregnant women or those with low iron, rosemary is a great-tasting herb that is easy to incorporate into your diet to help deal with inflammation.
Garlic is great for your health for a variety of reasons, and fighting inflammation is just one of its many benefits. Garlic is so powerful it can help treat sinus infections, colds, and even hypertension. Working similarly to penicillin, garlic works by altering cytokines, which cause inflammation. You can easily incorporate garlic into your diet, or opt for odorless garlic capsules if you don't like the smell.
If you can handle the flavor, cayenne pepper is excellent in treating inflammation. Its efficacy is in large part due to the high amounts of calcium, potassium, b complex and vitamin c, all of which assist in the reduction of inflammation. You may have heard of capsaicin before, which is the main active ingredient in cayenne; capsaicin has been shown to help reduce inflammation in the body.
8. Ceylon cinnamon
Not only is it delicious, but cinnamon is also an effective anti-inflammatory herb. Studies support that connection between cinnamon consumption and a reduction of inflammation. Avoid taking it in high amounts, but otherwise cinnamon has very few side effects. It is easy to add to your coffee, tea, oatmeal, cereal, pastries, and more.
9. Saw palmetto
Saw palmetto is an effective digestive aid and appetite stimulant, in addition to its abilities to boost the metabolism. Most importantly, saw palmetto is also effective in treating inflammation throughout the body, even utis and testicular inflammation. You can easily get saw palmetto (capsules, berries, extract) online or your local health food store.
Additional herbs that help treat inflammation on a smaller scale include ashwagandha, arnica, gotu kola, slippery elm, nutmeg, and black pepper. Whether you experience chronic inflammation or are dealing with inflammation as a temporary reaction to a stimulant, the herbs mentioned above are extremely useful in reducing your inflammation and the pain, discomfort, and other side effects that come with it.
What is the normal size of ovary. I am pcod patient and my ovary size is right ovary 3.84 cm x 1.71 cm x 3.61 volume 12. 41 cc (approx), left ovary 4.51 cm x 1.74 cm x 3.68 cm volume 15. 12 cc. Is it too serious and ovaries also paining.
As a precaution measure after delivery my wife took an injection depo provera in April last week. After that she didn't had her menses please tell us what is problem.
Do you know that Huntington’s disease is an inherited disease? This condition leads to the progressive degeneration of the nerve cells present in your brain. Huntington's disease has severe impact on several functional abilities of an affected person and results in psychiatric, thinking and movement disorders.
Huntington’s disease occurs from an inherited defect present in a single gene. It is a form of autosomal dominant disorder, which indicates that a person requires just one copy of the defective gene for developing the disorder. Except the genes on the chromosomes, two copies of every gene are inherited by a person. The affected parent may pass along the defective gene copy or the healthy copy.
Commonly, the symptoms of Huntington’s disease start appearing during midlife. It may also affect a person during childhood. The symptoms of this disease vary from person to person. Abnormal movement and weight loss are common symptoms, which occur in all stages.
The usual early stage symptoms include the following:
Slight coordination changes, which affect balance and make you clumsy
Uncontrollable fidgety movement
Stiffness and slowing
Problems with thinking in difficult situations
With passing time, the symptoms start interfering more with the patient’s daily life and activities. You may start dropping things, face trouble with swallowing, and talking. Staying organized may get tough. Certain emotional changes are indicated.
In the later stage of Huntington’s disease, a patient becomes dependent on others for taking care of them. A patient cannot walk or speak, and fidgety movements are likely to become more severe or may subside.
Huntington’s disease has no fixed cure. Several measures are followed for managing the symptoms. They are as follows:
Medications are used to manage fidgety movements. Other medicines are also used for controlling any other side effect experienced.
Speech or language therapy may be beneficial in case of speech and swallowing problems.
Physical therapy may help you in improving your control movements. Assistive devices like handrails can be used for managing your changing physical abilities.
Nutritional support is used in which special utensils are used to focus on a nutrient-rich diet.
Exercise is also important for patients with Huntington’s disease as it enables them to stay active and fit.
In case you experience any symptom of Huntington’s disease, it is important for you to consult a doctor immediately. This is a severe disease and early diagnosis and treatment will prevent the condition from worsening.
Nowadays more and more homes and other buildings have air-conditioning to cool the place in the heat of summer. Consequently, many people now suffer From pain that becomes worse when they are sitting in their office equipped with air-conditioning, and they Improve spontaneously once they leave the office and go out in sun. Thus they form a clear impression that cold places are bad and warm places are good for them,
which is true. This is because our skin pores stay relatively open in the summer in order that we may sweat and keep our body temperature down. However, this Also provides a very good opportunity for invasion of
Cold, as the artificially cooled air can enter the body through the opened pores. Being characterised by Contraction and stagnation, cold may cause closure of the skin pores; this results in accumulation of cold in. The joints and muscles, so leading to pain due to qi And blood stagnation. Moreover, since the skin pores Are now closed, internal heat cannot easily leave the Body in sweat evaporation, so accumulated cold can soon change into heat, leading to symptoms of that aggravation, including redness, hotness, pain and swollen joints and muscles.
Trichomonas Vaginalis, a virus, which affects almost 7.4 million men and women each year. This virus can cause a sexually transmitted disease upon contact with a person who may be carrying the same. This condition is more common in women than it is in men and causes a variety of symptoms. Let us learn more about this infection.
- Symptoms: This disease does not have any obvious symptoms until the problem becomes pretty severe. The symptoms for men include irritation inside the penis, discharge, and a burning sensation upon urination and ejaculation. The symptoms for women include a strong odour filled discharge that may also be greenish yellow in colour, pain in the lower abdomen in case the infection is extremely severe, itching and irritation in the vagina, and pain or discomfort during sexual intercourse.
- Diagnosis: The gynaecologist or the general physician will usually carry out the diagnosis with the help of blood and urine samples that will be sent to the lab for testing. These tests will help in determining the spread and severity of the infection. The doctor will also use vaginal or urethral fluid in order to diagnose the issue with the help of further lab tests. Most doctors will tell you that it is harder to detect the presence of the virus in women, than it is in men.
- Treatment: The treatment of this disease is done with the help of metronidazole, which can be used to treat trichomoniasis in case the patient is pregnant. It is usually recommended that the sexual partner of the patient should also be treated for the infection so as to stem its spread. Also, the doctors will recommend abstinence from sex for the duration of the treatment. Antibiotics will also be prescribed for both partners. Usually, one will be asked to wait for all the symptoms to disappear before becoming sexually active again.
- Complications: There is a risk of contracting the HIV virus in case pregnant women do not get treated for this disease on time. It can also cause premature rupture of the various membranes that protect the foetus, which can in turn, lead to premature delivery of the baby. Further, women who are suffering from this disease are at higher risk of passing on the HIV virus to their partners. This happens when the woman is also infected with the HIV virus.
- Prevention: There are various ways to prevent this disease including the proper use of condoms and limiting the number of sexual partners. Genital inflammation and pain should be checked by a doctor immediately to rule out the possibility of this STD. Also, one must take the necessary precautions to avoid catching and spreading this disease and getting a full body check up done is an important part of prevention.