Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madhivanan
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. MadhivananYour feedback matters!
Hi What is the dental standard for defense? in my case orthodontics treatment is going on, so 4 teeth already extracted ( premolar ). And two wisdom teeth having root canal treatment. I have heard 14 dental points. Am I still eligible?
I am suffering from oral thrush for more than a month. What medicine I should take to get cured completely.
Well, you don't have to give up sweetness. Just get it from other sources. Try fresh berries or pureed fruit on the cereal instead of sugar. Explore fruit that's dried, frozen, or canned (without too much added sugar). A glass of low-fat milk or low-sugar yogurt can help. Avoid frozen yoghurt and fruit puree can replace an ice-cream or elaichi and pudina in tea can help you reduce the sugar you add in tea or how about trying a banana or custard apple sheera.
I want clean my teeth. So please provide me best advice for it. My teeth is strong but not looking gud. Sawing type of yellow sad.
I am 30 years old and my teeth gums are very week. I have almost tried every good paste but still every time brush, blood comes.
I have black patches on my tongue Since 1 years. But it doesn't cause any pain, any trouble, It just changed colour on my tongue.
I have bad breath. Is mouth freshener/mouth wash effective? Is scaling effective? I am 32 years old male.
How to cure mouth ulcers? I frequently get mouth ulcers so please tell me a home remedy or cure for it.
Akal daad aa rhi hai kafi suzan hai mooh band nhi ho paa raha jisse khana nhi kha paa rahe koi bestmedicine bataye jisse suzan or pain kam ho.
I am having swelling in back tooth gums. Usually no pain at all. I had it since a time. But still there is no pain and I have a cavity too. Sometimes in morning white fluid comes out of it (just like a pimple). Is a mouth cancer? Do I need to worry about it?
I am 18 year old male, by birth I got my teeth yellow in colour, I am feeling shy to smile and recently I found a tip which says by using baking soda we can get white teeth. So could you please tell me is it good for health and suggest me if there is any way to get white teethThankyou.
Teeth are one of the most precious parts of the human body. By playing a significant functional and structural role in aesthetics, facial appearance, and food habits, digestion and chewing, all efforts at maintaining them should be undertaken. As we all know, we have two sets of teeth, primary or deciduous and the permanent set. Let us discuss tooth removal in these two sets separately.
In the primary teeth, the main indication would be dental decay. If the tooth is severely damaged beyond repair with fillings, then removal could be an option, with two things considered. The primary successor will erupt within the next 6 months; if not, a space maintainer would be put in place.
Another reason would be if the tooth is beyond its lifecycle and is blocking the eruption of the successor, then it requires removal.
The permanent teeth, however, are a set that are meant to last for a lifetime and removal should be considered only as a last resort. With advances in dental treatment methods, gone are the days when removal would be an option for severe decay.
Some of the absolute indications for removal would be:
- Wisdom teeth: if it is erupting in abnormal position (flattened or crooked), then removing them to avoid infection and impingement on other teeth needs to be considered. Wisdom teeth infection is one of the most common causes requiring tooth removal.
- Recurrent infections: If a tooth has been root canal treated, but continues to have ongoing chronic infection, it could be a case for removal.
- Malformed or supernumerary teeth: These may also block eruption of other teeth into the mouth.
- Orthodontic treatment: In cases where the jaw size is really not sufficient to realign the mal-positioned or crooked teeth, the first premolar is often sacrificed, and this space is used to align the other teeth.
- Injuries: In case of accidents or injuries with jaw fractures, teeth in the line of fracture may need to be removed.
- Preparation for dentures: In cases of severe periodontal disease, where the mobility of the teeth is high and complete dentures are being considered as an option, teeth removal may be planned. Also, if there are teeth which are in the line of fixed partial dentures, again removal might be planned
- Radiation therapy: For head and neck cancer patients, if there are teeth in the line of radiation, then removal might be planned.
Unlike in the earlier years, the absolute indications for removing tooth have changed. A thorough examination, both oral and radiological, should be done before zeroing on extraction.