Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Dear sir/madam I am having a very peculiar pain below the neck from past one year. That pain sometimes radiates towards chest region and lower back. Before a year when I realised about the pain I use to do heat therapy at home .sun bath use to give great relief. It use to pain during bathing and walking. I use to have shortness of breath. My bp suddenly rose one day and I had to consult the doc. The doc did not understand the problem. Later I consulted homeopath and general physician but they told me to consult a neurologist. My ECG report and spine x ray report was normal. But bp was 200 which came down after I took medication. I do not have any bp problem. Few months later the bp problem was gone and suddenly my mouth and left part got numb as if I had a paralytic attack this happened twice but that too stopped. Now at present whenever I eat food I get pain exactly below left shoulder. This pain retains till partially food gets digested and till gas comes out. For this I take dabur pain hara from past several months. It gives me relief from gas and the pain too. I get unbearable pain sometimes. After eating my wife massages that area below left shoulder resulting in burping and finally pain comes down. Besides whenever I get depressed or frightened I get severe pain in that area. Honestly speaking I live in a very small town where neurologists are not available. And most important thing is that I am going through financial crisis and currently cannot afford the consultation and treatment charges. I have a very strong feeling that one of my nerves in that region has strained or compressed. I use to do heavy body building exercise about 15 years ago and later I stopped doing it completely. As a result my tummy and chest has increased a lot. Last winter I had severe cold and cough. Due to excessive coughing I use to get severe pain in the abdomen. I use to hold it tightly and then cough. After 15 to 20 days I got this shoulder problem. Could that be a possible reason of this nerve problem I am facing? I request you to show me exercises and perfect diet which can reduce my tummy and make me fit again permanently. At present I do push ups at home. Please don't give me advice of diagnosis, medication or treatment.
I want to know that. What should I do. I m feel weakness in body. And I m suffering from breath problem. And sometime I suffer from heart pain problem.
I'm a 37 years young male and having all the time low BP. Causing sleepiness Everytime despite full 8 to 9 hrs deep sleep. Seeking any remedy or the solution for the same.
I am feeling throat burning and itching also headache continuously running nose, chest pain in right side. Is it swine flue.
How to reduce cholesterol without medication. Total cholesterol 233 mg/dl Ldl 162 Non Hdl 186.4 age 51 female.
Hello sir My father has been suddenly got breathing problems and lung left right side pain. So admitted in hospital. Doctor said heart is weak trouble for active .but is Govt hospital we can't get right details. So give us suggestions and which issue for this .
My uncle has started taking alcohol from 2 weeks before that to 2-3 bottles at a time. He takes sleeping pills for sleeping. He has diabetes, blood pressure, thyroid (i do not know the correct spelling, half of the pancreas had been cut off. My main ques is what can we do so that he stops taking alcohol and sleeping pills. It would be very helpful if you answer my ques.
Helo doctor my self pawan. I am 70years old man. I have high blood pressure problem for last five months what should I do.
I am 48 years old male some time my heartbeat became so fast in the night and as well as in morning also I never had liquor and tobacco what happened please advice me about this.
What causes cardiovascular disease My relative has this disease What are the main problems and What treatment for this disease?
In the gym , during cycling or treadmill my heart rate is at 185 . Is it good or bad ? How can I reduce it ? How can I gain more stamina . Please help me in this.
For blood pressure I am using telesmartin 40 mg and amlodipine 5 mg Can I reduce the dose either of two or both of the tablet I am using in future.
Sir I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain. Whenever cough hard Can you suggested what should be done.
Cholesterol - Cholesterol is a dense, fatty substance that found in every cell of your body. It circulates throughout your bloodstream in little bundles called lipoproteins, interior of its is composed of fat, while proteins forms the exterior walls.
Types of cholesterol -
1) Low density lipoproteins (ldl) - its considered as a bad cholesterol form, it enables cholesterol to create plaque that build up and harden on the walls of blood vessels.
2) High density lipoproteins (hdl) - it is the good cholesterol, because it helps to reduce ldl levels. Hdl helps to transport ldl cholesterol to your liver, which removes it from the body.
3) Triglycerides - another form of fat in your blood that can raise your risk for heart disease.
4) Very low density lipoproteins (vldl) - it is a type of blood fat. It's considered one of the bad forms of cholesterol, because this can clog your arteries and lead to a heart attack.
Causes / risk factors -
* cigarette smoking.
* food that contains highly saturated fat and cholesterol can raise your blood cholesterol levels.
* hereditary / genetic factors.
* lack of exercise / low physical activity.
Normal values of cholesterol in adults -
* total serum cholesterol - 130 - 250 mg/dl
* ldl - 60 - 160 mg/dl
* hdl - 30 -70 mg/dl or
* serum triglycerides - 0 - 170 mg/dl
Prevention and treatment of high cholesterol -
Lifestyle changes -
* exercise - do 30 - 45 minutes a day of moderate cardio. It will help s to lose weight and boosts your hdl levels.
* diet - eat more fibers, eat healthy fats i. E. Nuts, olive oil, avocado all have fats that won't increase your ldl, limit cholesterol intake, i. E. Reduce high saturated fat foods like cheese, whole milk, red meats. Choose fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, low fat or nonfat dairy products, fish, eat low salt diet.
* quit smoking, limit alcohol and caffeine consumption.
* do practice relaxation and breathing exercises.
* garlic - it helps to reduce high cholesterol. In the morning take a small piece of garlic and crush it and take with glass of water. The garlic contains allicin which helps to lower high blood pressure and prevents blood clotting.
* drink 8 - 10 glasses of water, per day.
Homeopathy treatment for high cholesterol - the goal of homeopathy is to lower high cholesterol to desired levels to prevent heart diseases.
1) Allium Sativum - for lowering high cholesterol + made from garlic, s so it helps in eliminating the excess cholesterol from the body by raising vitality of the patient + increased appetite, craving for meat + suffers from acidity symptoms.
2) Calcarea Carbonica - reduces high cholesterol in fat or overweight persons + excessive craving for boiled eggs + sensitiveness to cold air and continuous perspiration on scalp + palpitations also be complained at night or after having meals.
3) Crataegus Oxyacantha - acts as a tonic for heart muscles that have become weakened due to reduced blood supply to heart + dissolve the cholesterol deposits in arteries + difficulty in breathing after even the slightest exertion.