Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MaaranYour feedback matters!
My 17 yr daughter has so much pimples on her face and also black spots all over chest and even back. Tried many soaps creams face wash no use. Please advice.
Hello Experts! I'm Rajesh aged 24 yr. My problem is that there is rashes in groin. Nd it's so itchy. Nd there r redness around. Nd some cuts Nd wounds r there in growing. please suggest me some treatment or tubes. Thanks.
My wife is having 2.9x2.1x1.8cm mass lesion in left breast of birads category 5. Advised biopsy by the report. What should be the best treatment available in india. I am very much worried. An early detailed reply will be appreciated.
Anal fissures are the small tears formed in the anal lining. They are also known as anal ulcers. An anal fissure causes a lot of pain and bleeding during your bowel movements. Usually a fissure heals automatically in a few days time. It can be treated with simple home remedies as well.
- You can suffer from an anal fissure if you pass hard and large stools.
- Also strained childbirth or suffering from violent spells of diarrhea might get you an anal fissure.
- Chronic constipation may also be cause of a fissure.
- Other rare causes may be anal cancer, HIV, tuberculosis or herpes.
Individuals of all age groups can suffer from anal fissures. It is not a very serious problem and heals on its own in a few weeks. Although it can heal itself, there are certain treatments which can help relieve the pain you get from an anal fissure.
An anal fissure has quite a lot of symptoms for you to understand what you are suffering from:
- There will be a very visible tear around the anal region. You will be able to spot the tear on the skin very easily.
- A small lump of skin may form next to the tear.
- When you will be undergoing your bowel movements, you will feel a very sharp pain in the anal region.
- You will find spots of blood on the stool passed.
- You will also feel a burning or an itching sensation in the anal region.
Although most fissures do not require treatment, there are a few remedies that will help cure them faster:
- Stool softeners: You get certain medicines at the chemist, which are known for their stool softening functions. These stool softeners help to soften the hard stools and initiates smooth bowel movements.
- Eat fibrous foods: Eat foods rich in fiber like fruits, whole grain cereals, raw vegetables, etc.
- Take warm baths: Take a bath in warm water as it relaxes your anal muscles, helps to relieve irritation in the region, and increases blood flow in the anorectal region.
- Use ointment: Apply nitroglycerin ointments and topical pain relievers to promote blood flow to the anal region and to relieve discomfort from the region respectively. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have so much dark circle on my face, and I use so many cream and homeopathic treatment. But no result. So please tell me what I do.
Increased hb ,increased total -bilirubin -2.7 ,conjugated 1.7 unconjugated 1.03 ,dull pain in right hypochondrium and blood in stools but only 2 days.
I am 19 years old and my breast are becoming very heavy day by day as compared to my whole body, I do physical works daily, I am feeling very uneasy and have to face many problems! Please suggest me some remedies!
In her face many chicken fox spots are there so how I can remove as soon as possible please help me out.
How I remove my face pigmentation and dark circles and scars? Coz use so many mdcnes but no positive effects on my face.
I started getting cracks at the bottom my feet. I could say its in a mediocre stage. Could you please suggest me some remedies so that I can see a drastic change in say about a month or two??
I'm 16 years old guy. I suffered from chickenpox before one year and the spots of it on my face till now. I hate this spots on my face. I want to be clear it from my face so please give me your suggestions to get rid out of this. Thank you.
I have a baby boy 25 days age and he has small red pimples like spots all over body sometimes they disappeared and sometimes body get red by irritation so please tell me its all normal or skin infection of the consult me about medication.
Hi. Sir I am 17 year old. I was injured by an accident.. There are many scars on my face by injury. So what should I do to remove these scars from my face. Please help me. I will be your very obelighed higher.
Acne Vulgaris, commonly known as acne is a type of chronic skin condition which occurs when the hair follicles of the skin become clogged with oil and dead skin cells. Characterized by blackheads, pimples, whiteheads and greasy skin, acne can also cause scarring. Typically, acne which cause pimples tend to develop on the back, chest, shoulders but mostly on the face and neck.
Causes and symptoms of pimple scars:
Although the actual cause of acne is uncertain, medical professionals have reason to believe that an increase in the level of androgen triggers pimples. On the other hand, scarring due to pimples are a result of the presence of inflamed lesions. Such inflamed lesions when gorged with surplus oil, bacteria and dead skin cells cause swelling and an eventual rupture in the follicle wall which leads to scarring. The extent of the scar has a direct relationship with the rupture. That is to say, the deeper the rupture, the bigger the scar.
In actuality, the formation of scars is involved in the normal healing process of the skin. The skin cells in order to mend the damage caused by the ruptured pimples, forms fresh collagen fibers which are fibrous proteins that impart flexibility and strength to the skin. The resultant repair which are very rarely smooth and unblemished are referred to as scars.
Treatment of pimple scars:
- Fractional Radiofrequency treatment is a highly effective method of reducing or removing pimple scars from skin. The radio frequency does not cause much damage to upper layers of skin, but effectively breaks down the scar tissue.
- Lasers are alternative and are little less painful. This treatment involves the use of skin resurfacing lasers.
- Fillers are another form of treatment which fill the indentations left remaining from dense pimple scars. Hardly any down time with this but are expensive in the long run.
- Scar reduction surgery is meant to minimize the scar so that it is more consistent with your surrounding skin tone and texture.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
Winter is the worst season for Skin- flaking, itchiness, pimples, redness, dullness is usual and neglect of daily care can easily lead to habitual dehydration, with sensitive skins and red patches. But it is so difficult to care for skin in winters with chilling cold, numb fingers, freezing water. Keeping these factors in mind here are some tips-
Despite the cold do not forget drinking lots of water-preferably warm water
The glow is not superficial. Its deep. Make it a point to drink any one type of fresh fruit juice in the morning. Best pick- strawberry juice!
Apply few drops of warm olive/coconut/apricot/almond oil on face, soles and navel at bedtime for great detox!