Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MaaranYour feedback matters!
How do I get my original face colour back I was too fair but now m not dat fair how do I get glow on face telma some cream or home remedies.
Sir I am 36 yr old having 2 children. I have done many facial treatments but still having some dark spots on my face please suggest me some medicines.
Sir, My name is satish. I was 21 years old. I was suffering from white spots on my skin for the past 1 year. I used to apply ketoved ointment but there are still. Please tell me what to do. Tell me what are the reasons for occurring white spots.
There are many commonly occurring fungal infections of the skin like athlete's foot, ringworm, yeast infection and jocks itch. These infections are caused because of warm, moist and humid environment which is ideal for fungal growth. There is no need to worry, as all these conditions are treatable with topical ointments and medicines. Here is all you need to know of common fungal infections of the skin:
1. Athlete's foot: it is diagnosed with skin sample tests. The common symptoms are:
- Burning and itching
- Redness, blisters, softening or breaking down of skin.
- Peeling, cracking and scaling of feet.
2. Jock's itch: jock itch, also called tinea cruris, is a common skin infection that is caused by a type of fungus called tinea. The fungus thrives in warm, moist areas of the body and as a result, infection can affect the genitals, inner thighs, and buttocks. Infections occur more frequently in the summer or in warm, wet climates. Jock itch appears as a red, itchy rash that is often ring-shaped. Symptoms can be described as:
- Itching, chafing, or burning in the groin or thigh
- A circular, red, raised rash with elevated edges
- Redness in the groin or thigh
- Flaking, peeling, or cracking skin
3. Ring worm: ring worm is a fungal infection which can occur anywhere on the skin. It is circular in appearance and often cause the surrounding skin to become scaly. Symptoms are common as of most fungal infections. Ring worm can be treated with many over the counter creams.
4. Yeast infection: they occur when yeast on the skin grows more actively and causes a red, scaling, itchy rash on the skin. Yeast infections are not contagious. It is especially common among people who are obese or who have diabetes. People taking antibiotics are also at risk of such. Yeast infection is one fungal infection with most varied symptoms.
Signs of yeast infection in skin folds include:
- Patches that ooze clear fluid
- Pimple-like bumps
- Itching or burning
Signs of yeast infection in the nail beds include:
- White or yellow nail that separates from the nail bed
Signs of thrush (yeast infection of the mouth) include:
- White patches on tongue and inside of the cheeks
Signs of vaginal yeast infection include:
- White or yellow discharge from the vagina
- Redness in the external area of the vagina
My skin type is oily and sensitive. Few months back I struggled with acne. Now it's clear. But redness left lil bit. Recently my derma suggested aziderm 20 gel. Pl tell how much tym it Will take. The ratio of redness is less. Pl tell if there would be any side effects initially. As my skin is sensitive. Does this really work on redness.
I have black spots as well as pimple on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 month but didn't see my changes. What should I do.
Hello! I am 18 years old I have hair fall problems last 4-5 months. And my skin colour get dark day by day.
I have black marks on my shoulder and back for the last 5 years. Also it's look like ki wo Dane jaisa hai air once in a while puss formation bhi ho jaati hai. Can you please help.
My left forearm has turned quite black from last 2 years. People ask about on arm being more darker. And it is only on dorsal part with dry rough skin, touch sensation is also weak.
On last year I used scrubber continuously for 15days, so because of that, my cheeks n forehead skin became so black. So I need cure for this disease.
Hi i am 18 years old and I have a blackness on my face. Can you give me a name of soap to use daily for fairness. My skin is dry please help me.
Hello. I am a girl and I have problem of regular breast pain nowadays when I touch. What is the problem.
Hi, I have a skin problem in my legs. My skin s basically very dry. Coz of the fact that I wear socks itching happens and I kinda scratch on t. It has considerably extended to few Cms now. I tried applying moisturizers and for few min it helps and the problem starts again. How to get rid of this and the scar caused coz of intense scratching.
- Skin stretches during pregnancy triggering itching.
- Dry skin is more prone to itching.
- Moisturisers are the best refuge for itching.
- Avoid touching the itchy areas.